Old 10-16-2021, 02:27 PM
Planar Protector

I dunno man

These bergerbots pushing the big pharma blood taint prolly ain't even vaxxed

I could be wrong tho
Old 10-16-2021, 02:41 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elizondo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
the big pharma blood taint
People are worried about Republicans making a comeback in the midterms why?
Old 10-16-2021, 03:00 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horza [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
People are worried about Republicans making a comeback in the midterms why?
biden admin is not making it easy for dems currently running for office. I don't envy a candidate that has to answer questions regarding the dem party. or repubs for that matter.

in politics they always end up throwing the baby out with the bathwater
Old 10-16-2021, 03:08 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatordash [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The reason I'm mad (I'm not mad) is that if the government literally did nothing we would be in a much better place right now. The government thought they could get everyone to stay home and artificially keep the economy going by printing money and then when the virus passes, yeah inflation will go up a little but it won't be that bad and its like we never had a recession so everyone is happy. They came up with this term, "transitory" which essentially just means that. "Yeah inflation is going up for a bit but everything will be back to normal soon so no big deal."

But if they are wrong, and inflation is not transitory, then they just compounded the fuck out of the problem by printing all this money and are probably artificially creating a giant economic bubble that is ultimately going to burst and screw over a lot of people. (Me included because I have to buy a house next year) (Actually mad)

So that is why I argue with Juris. He'll post the inflation number the government puts out and be like, "look inflation isn't that bad, used car sales are weighted a ton in the CPI calculations so that is why this inflation number is high." Yeah obviously the government wants you to think inflation isn't that bad and obviously they want you to think they had nothing to do with it and its all the virus' fault.

In the case of housing, the lower a mortgage rate is the more house you can afford because your monthly payments are lower. The government has spent over a trillion dollars to keep those mortgage rates at all time lows. So yeah, people want to move to the suburbs cause they can work from home now, but they can also afford a much more expensive house because their monthly payments are lower.
That's like me saying "obviously Wallstreet wants prices to go high" in response to linking the case-shiller index. Yea -- maybe that's an ok assumption if this was a review site. But these are entities that provide people with information that they need. They are only as credible as they prove to be accurate over time. If their data sucks too much -- some academic comes up with a better model and then we switch that.

Heres what the CPI says about rent overall: https://fred.stlouisfed.org/series/CUUR0000SEHA

The Index 1982-1984=100, with the most recent number being 351.255 or a 351.25% increase on rent since 1982. The data is inferior, but is there really some massive difference that paints a completely different picture about the rent market here?

If you adjust some of the data sets to 2015 (the earliest OCED date available) You get:

Case-Shiller: 156.1 (https://fred.stlouisfed.org/graph/?g=k7pa)

CPI: 124.7 (https://fred.stlouisfed.org/series/CUUR0000SEHA)

OECD Rent: 122.1

OECD Nominal Housing Prices: 155

OECD Real Housing prices: 139.1

The difference between these number is significant enough -- but they all show a pretty similar long-term trend. Also it would appear that the CPI is much closer to rent pricing -- rather than a good measure of home value. Case-Shiller seems to be the opposite.

There are so many people that need these numbers to make important decisions -- I tend to think they wouldn't pump the numbers just to make an administration look good.
Old 10-16-2021, 03:19 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trexller [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
biden admin is not making it easy for dems currently running for office. I don't envy a candidate that has to answer questions regarding the dem party. or repubs for that matter.

in politics they always end up throwing the baby out with the bathwater
Conservatives aren't exactly making it difficult for Democrats by turning the GOP into the party of eating horse paste.
Old 10-16-2021, 03:24 PM
Banned

Sorry I had that like written out over a day ago and just I might as well post it.

The real estate market will eventually indeed crash. But we don't have the slightist clue when that is going to happen. But you can see that everyone that got completely fucked in the housing crisis...most of them just had to hang onto their house for another 15 years and now their ahead of the game again.

True it would have been a lot better if they had a big cash pile to buy up cheap stocks or a foreclosed house. But stuff like that is almost never pulled off on purpose. Its easy to predict that a stock will more than double in 10 years. Its damn near impossible for to know if its gonna go up or down within 45 days.

But your stance on increasing the inflation of housing -- I think its quite rational frankly.

It's too bad this thing called politics gets in the way. You have to pay off all these suburban home owners to get you to vote for them. Especially if you are not getting any tax breaks out of the dems or something.

Buying a house is a good move because the political parties are clearly using home owners as a constituency. Which means the investment is going to be institutionally protected as long as they can help it.

It's not always gonna be 2009 when the housing market crashes. All of us were alive for that shit -- politicians know they have to do more for home owners next crash.

None if this is necessarily fair in a country where home ownership is out of reach. But I try not to pit every interest against one another for their right to survive. Trying to get some family wealth established in the middle class isn't a terrible goal.
Last edited by JurisDictum; 10-16-2021 at 03:26 PM..
Old 10-16-2021, 03:24 PM
Planar Protector

Horza almost nobody is eating horse paste. You're just lying and you like saying horse paste. Ivermectin is prescribed to humans all the time, and may help treat covid symptoms based on current evidence.

Did you get your flu shot yet?
Old 10-16-2021, 03:27 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ooloo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ivermectin is prescribed to humans all the time, and may help treat covid symptoms based on current evidence.
It's prescribed as an antiparasitic, paste eater.
Old 10-16-2021, 03:39 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horza [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Conservatives aren't exactly making it difficult for Democrats by turning the GOP into the party of eating horse paste.
Horse pasta doesn't taste that bad with meatballs

Better than blood taint for sure
Old 10-16-2021, 03:58 PM
Banned

BTW with the Netflix thing: they openly stated it was about money. If the guy wasn't Chappelle he'd be gone. That's how the letter reads: this is about money, following is our rationalization about why its OK besides that.

He runs a good minstrel show that Chappelle and is getting more views than anything else. Minstrel shows have always been very popular. And hes black so its all good.

He has a good routine: Make a racist joke, follow with some insight about being black, then finish off with a little racist quip demonstrating its all good.

I laugh myself a lot.

So what he did here was his formula with but with transgirls. Make a transphobic joke, follow with a touching story about how he had a trans friend that killed herself, and then end with a little transphobic quip.

It worked fine. One problem though, is he kind of implied black men are victims of transgirls with the insight part of the segment (it wasn't a joke, it was a statement to weave in with the jokes). Who do you think is killing all the black transgirls that get murdered at a skyhigh rate? Are they all white serial killers?

In general, the whole idea that getting called a turf makes you a victim is pretty softskined. Especially after just going on a big public lecture about real womenhood.

But whatever.. the controversy is what Chappelle feeds off of -- its nothing new.

What's new is Netflex decided in this one case -- their general policy doesn't apply. Its a demonstration that the trans community doesn't have the power all the other identity groups have -- despite the memes about how powerful and bullying the trans community is.

Yea we can get rid of Louie CK -- despite the huge amount of money there. Because white women didn't like him. Theres an example for just about every damn group except trans. So I don't think the trans woman that protested his presence on Netflix was being inconsistent (even if its not a great way to run a company). I think Netflix is being inconsistent here.
Last edited by JurisDictum; 10-16-2021 at 04:16 PM..
Closed Thread