Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 10-15-2021, 10:25 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horza [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
700k dead Americans and conservatives are still arguing we would be in a much better place right now if we had literally done nothing.
No, conservatives writ large are arguing that we would be in a much better place if we had taken sensible precautions for vulnerable demographics (the elderly and immunocompromised) and let everyone else carry on as normal and not shut down society. You have to acknowledge the collateral damage of lockdowns, mass inflation, paying people to stay home, and the physical and mental health issues that result.

Also 700k is an inflated figure, and includes people who died in car accidents who had covid. It does not represent the actual threat or consequence of a covid infection.
Old 10-15-2021, 10:39 AM
Fire Giant

like 400k died in car accidents come on man
Old 10-15-2021, 10:51 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knowledge [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 10-15-2021, 11:15 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ooloo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
No, conservatives writ large are arguing that we would be in a much better place if we had taken sensible precautions for vulnerable demographics (the elderly and immunocompromised) and let everyone else carry on as normal and not shut down society. You have to acknowledge the collateral damage of lockdowns, mass inflation, paying people to stay home, and the physical and mental health issues that result.

Also 700k is an inflated figure, and includes people who died in car accidents who had covid. It does not represent the actual threat or consequence of a covid infection.
Problem is that they (and you) have no data, studies, or evidence to back it up. 700k an inflated figure? According to who?

Gosh if I wasn't smarter I would almost assume they are making argument at the behest of business special interests who never wanted to shut down anything to begin with.

Im glad you have the clarity and acumen to see past this.
Old 10-15-2021, 11:23 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horza [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
700k dead Americans and conservatives are still arguing we would be in a much better place right now if we had literally done nothing.
I meant the Federal Reserve.
Old 10-15-2021, 11:32 AM
Banned

I would take ivermectin if my VA pcp prescriptioned.
Old 10-15-2021, 11:39 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knowledge [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Daily reminder the GOP is a death cult.
Old 10-15-2021, 12:26 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whale biologist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This meme is dumb. Literally nobody is saying covid poses "no threat to you in any way". Are you actually this dumb, or a troll? I literally said in that post that "vulnerable populations" should be protected.

My point was that the 700k "covid death count" is artificially inflated because some people who died from gunshot wounds and car accidents, and also had covid, were counted as "covid deaths". Do you understand?
Old 10-15-2021, 12:29 PM
Banned

Ya still have anxiety around hammers and knives even though guns are used by people to kill people.

(Maybe I'm different though because I've survived assault and had traumatic incidents with knives tho)
Old 10-15-2021, 12:31 PM
Planar Protector

I mean that meme is also totally hypocritical, because the same idiots always say "Hey you're more likely to die in a car accident than an islamist terror attack!".

Like yes, that's true. Therefor we shouldn't care about them? Nobody is saying "covid poses no threat", the point is that the threat is greatly exaggerated. Which is exactly the same argument they are making when they point out that islamic terrorism is exaggerated. However one is senseless murder, and the other is a disease. They always want it to be this simple, derpy "one thing therefor another thing" bullshit. So dumb.
Closed Thread