Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 01-25-2014, 07:32 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dalven [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
...was merely seeking the third head due to Elia's sickly state...
I don't think she was sick, though. Just had a baby. Is she sickly otherwise? Truly can't remember.

More later. Got some stuff to do.[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 01-26-2014, 09:04 AM
VIP / Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dalven [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Its the constant "Ice and Fire" theme that leads me away from Dany as fulfilling this role, as ultimately it is Jon who fits the Ice and Fire conditions best, as currently this is all we know about the PtwP prophecy. I'd imagine we'll find out a lot more about what the Maesters know when we get more time with Sam in Oldtown. Also, speaking of Maesters, Marwyn must be due to arrive in Meereen sometime soon.

That's as much as I can do just now. Try not to talk too much until tomorrow =/
first on the PtwP and AA, note that only Melisandre seems to think that the PtwP is Azor Ahai reborn. No one else has made that claim. Some believe they are the same person (i do not), and Dany is both. Others believe that the Prince That Was Promised is a seperate entity all together. However, finding candidates for this role is harder, because we know nothing about the PtwP other than he will play a prominent role in the fight against the Others. The only other reference comes from a conversation between Melisandre and Maester Aemon:

“Make no mistake, good sers and valiant brothers, the war we’ve come to fight is no petty squabble over lands and honors. Ours is a war for life itself, and should we fail the world dies with us.”

...All of them seemed surprised to hear Maester Aemon murmur, “It is the war for the dawn you speak of, my lady. But where is the prince that was promised?”

“He stands before you,” Melisandre declared, “though you do not have the eyes to see it. Stannis Baratheon is Azor Ahai come again, the warrior of fire.”

that is literally the only time in the books where AA and PtwP are referred to as the same person. Melisandre is clearly not the most accurate red priest, or to be more correct, her skill at interpreting what she sees in her fires leaves me not 100% trusting of her (even if she truly believes what shes saying, because again of the 3 red priests we've come toknow, its clear she is the least skilled).

Quote:
speaking of Maesters, Marwyn must be due to arrive in Meereen sometime soon.
these damned maesters. they have the ice horn, they have their candles, they have Marwyn (who is going to A) get captured by Victarion, or B) show up in Mereen right as Vic is sacking the town.), they have Alleras (whom is very possibly Sarella Sand in disguise), and we know Jaqan H'gar is also hiding with the maesters. and i have no idea what they are actually up to

Sirken's Twitch Stream - www.twitch.tv/sirken_

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uthgaard View Post
Accusing me of simultaneous favoritism for two opposing guilds involves a special kind of stupid
Quote:
Originally Posted by karsten View Post
going after sirken is like going to a cheerleader convention and punching the only one that bothered to talk to you
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogean View Post
I've met Sirken IRL.. he ain't jelly of shit

Last edited by Sirken; 01-26-2014 at 06:23 PM..
Old 01-26-2014, 09:15 AM
VIP / Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sidelle [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I don't think she was sick, though. Just had a baby. Is she sickly otherwise? Truly can't remember.

More later. Got some stuff to do.[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Elia was always referred to as fragile and frail. She was a good and gracious based on what Mormont tells Dany, but frail due to her delicate health, and it's noted she had a very sharp wit.

but after Aegon was born she was to fragile to give him more children.. and you see thats a pretty big problem for Rhaegar because he was trying to bring the PtwP prophecy to fruition and was obsessed over this and that "the dragon must have 3 heads"

a lot of folks believe thats why Rhaegar gave the rose to Lyanna at the tourny of HH, and also why he was willing to run off with Lyanna.

Quote:
Accusing me of simultaneous favoritism for two opposing guilds involves a special kind of stupid
Quote:
going after sirken is like going to a cheerleader convention and punching the only one that bothered to talk to you
Quote:

Last edited by Sirken; 01-26-2014 at 06:24 PM..
Old 01-28-2014, 11:07 AM
VIP / Contributor

sooo, here's a pretty good breakdown of the trailer for those that havent seen it yet.

Dragons flying over westeros, Theon walking around, Jeyne Poole as Arya, things are happening here bros and sidelles

http://youtu.be/KI09mhO4gak

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Old 01-28-2014, 01:03 PM
Sarnak

Back to Varys...idk Sirken. Just the way how the language plays out not only from that chapter but more importantly from chapter 32 (Arya PoV) where the two men in the sewers are talking and Illyrio calls Varys a wizard several times. But more importantly is the conversation where Ned talks to Arya about it. In the conversation he mocks everything she tells him as a fairy tale which all turns out to be true. In fact, if Varys turns out to be non-magical that would make her story the only untrue thing. I just think it's odd how Martin would word those exchanges the way he did since he seems to get erections over that kind of triple cross.
Old 01-28-2014, 04:09 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirken [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
sooo, here's a pretty good breakdown of the trailer for those that havent seen it yet.

Dragons flying over westeros, Theon walking around, Jeyne Poole as Arya, things are happening here bros and sidelles

http://youtu.be/KI09mhO4gak
Hmm. Shadow of big-ass dragon over King's Landing. Maybe a dream scene of Daenerys.. or someone else having a nightmare about the dragons returning. I mean, it HAS to be, right?

Really, really looking forward to the Purple Wedding, the fight between the Red Viper & the Mountain, and the battle with the wildlings. I'm also curious about how the show will portray the Sand Snakes (and Dorne in general). Can't have too many badass, scheming women around. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

In all, I'm drooling. Can't wait!

Ok, back to the books...
Old 01-29-2014, 02:36 AM
VIP / Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sidelle [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hmm. Shadow of big-ass dragon over King's Landing. Maybe a dream scene of Daenerys.. or someone else having a nightmare about the dragons returning. I mean, it HAS to be, right?
Really, really looking forward to the Purple Wedding, the fight between the Red Viper & the Mountain, and the battle with the wildlings. I'm also curious about how the show will portray the Sand Snakes (and Dorne in general). Can't have too many badass, scheming women around. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
In all, I'm drooling. Can't wait!
Ok, back to the books...
im with you on the dream thing, it could be tyrion, i know hes dreamnt about dragons in the books. if theres dragons in KL this season ill just straight up lose my mind. the purple wedding will be amazing. GRRM is writing that episode and if they can pull off the red wedding that well, i have no doubts for the purple wedding being just as good. to be honest im more excited about the red viper than anything else, and im worried that they arent going to make him as loved as hes gonna need to be. as far as all the BS up north, it looks like they are going to accelerate the shit out of that entire timeline.

as far as the sand snakes im pretty sure that they are all going to be merged into one character for the show based on the casting.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Old 02-01-2014, 05:52 AM
VIP / Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandalore93 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Back to Varys...idk Sirken. Just the way how the language plays out not only from that chapter but more importantly from chapter 32 (Arya PoV) where the two men in the sewers are talking and Illyrio calls Varys a wizard several times. But more importantly is the conversation where Ned talks to Arya about it. In the conversation he mocks everything she tells him as a fairy tale which all turns out to be true. In fact, if Varys turns out to be non-magical that would make her story the only untrue thing. I just think it's odd how Martin would word those exchanges the way he did since he seems to get erections over that kind of triple cross.
im going to reread this chapter just for you :P i really dont think varys has magic, although i wouldnt rule out magical objects as we know him and Illyrio were thieves together on their youths. but im gonna do it

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Old 02-01-2014, 02:08 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandalore93 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I can see how you might consider this theory about Varys. I've been rereading the 1st book and when Catelyn arrives in KL (Ned PoV) she mentions to Ned that Varys must have some "dark art" and that he must have a "way of learning things that no man could know". This could be easily explained though if Catelyn knew about all the secrets of the Red Keep; clandestine hideaways and passages all over the place that no one else knows about - all the better to spy with.

But when you consider the conversation between him and Illyrio (overheard by Arya) I thought it sounded more like Illyrio is referring to him as a "wizard" not due to literal magic but because he is the Master of Whisperers - and he is a "true wizard" when it comes to juggling the situation between the high lords and delaying an outbreak of war. Illyrio was basically imploring him to stall more because Khal Drogo was not ready to move forward with the promise he made to help Viserys win the iron throne; he would not want to make a move until after Dany gave birth. The war coming too soon just makes a mess out of all their plotting.

Also, remember that Varys hates sorcery because of what happened to him in his childhood with the sorcerer and how he became a eunuch (I forgot which book this was disclosed in). The only magic he uses is Spider magic. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Last edited by Sidelle; 02-01-2014 at 02:21 PM..
Old 02-01-2014, 03:12 PM
Sarnak

Yes, that's the way that it's supposed to sound like Siddelle. But the fact that it's used initially in a mocking way then further mocked by dumb Lord Stark that makes me double think it.