Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 01-22-2013, 09:41 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSK [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Agreed, very weak. I thought there were be at least 1 person willing to help out new players.
No shame in this bros game. I gave free things away all the time, but I never come on the forums to find someone to give it to; especially if they ask for it!
Old 01-22-2013, 09:47 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by gotrocks [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I don't think anyone really got all that pissed off
This.
Your actions aren't affecting anyone.
Doesn't stop us having a bad opinion of you though.
Old 01-22-2013, 09:57 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSK [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Sad trolls. I feel sorry for you guys [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm not sure if you're truly new or a 'returning' player that has simply forgotten EQ etiquette but I'll give you a bit of a refresher: outside of the forums designed for such things (such as Rants & Flames) it's a bad idea to insult people. It's especially bad to do so when you yourself were the thread-starter.

I told you myself that people on this server are generally cool and willing to help with gear. I also pointed out that it's bad form to flat-out ask for it (asking for help in guild is OK, within reason). You should have simply said 'thank you' and moved on.

This is not WoW. Reputation matters a great deal. The exception is the RnF forum.
Old 01-22-2013, 10:13 AM
Planar Protector

asking for handouts is a good way to not get handouts
Old 01-22-2013, 10:25 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Sad trolls. I feel sorry for you guys [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
A beggar's sympathy, how trite.
Old 01-22-2013, 10:27 AM
Sarnak

sorry OP, obama doesn't run this server.

Quote:
Agreed, very weak. I thought there were be at least 1 person willing to help out new players.
Make a solo class? mage, necro, etc... grind plat yourself. i.e. Don't be lazy?
Last edited by Bohab; 01-22-2013 at 10:30 AM..
Old 01-22-2013, 10:36 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Resheph [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I told you myself that people on this server are generally cool and willing to help with gear. I also pointed out that it's bad form to flat-out ask for it (asking for help in guild is OK, within reason). You should have simply said 'thank you' and moved on.
I think you are the one who set the negative tone for this thread in the beginning.

In case I missed something, where was I supposed to say thank you? Sorry, I'm not going to thank anyone who is not helpful, and definitely not thanking anyone who is the exact opposite of helpful.
Old 01-22-2013, 10:40 AM
Aviak

Quote:
I think you are the one who set the negative tone for this thread in the beginning.

In case I missed something, where was I supposed to say thank you? Sorry, I'm not going to thank anyone who is not helpful, and definitely not thanking anyone who is the exact opposite of helpful.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Resheph [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Well Hell, if you're gonna hop on asking for stuff, I want some too on my level 5 Bard! O.O

But in all seriousness, people on the server are cool. I've gotten a few freebies and even a few plat. It's helped a lot, though it's kind of bad form to flat-out ask for it. Hell, I have a list of people to pay back once I start making bank.
I was in no way negative. In fact, I told you people are helpful. My first remark was half a joke and half serious.

And yes, saying 'OK, thanks for the info' would have been your best response.
Old 01-22-2013, 10:41 AM
Sarnak

you keep saying "help"... why do you need all this help? just play the game and earn on your own. I don't quite understand this need you have to be helped. just play!
Old 01-22-2013, 10:48 AM
Sarnak

I find it just baffling how some people can be so self-entitled.