Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Old 08-11-2023, 01:10 PM
Planar Protector

Can't wait til PS5 release!
Old 08-14-2023, 09:01 PM
Banned

In case you haven’t seen it, this went viral and once I heard everyone talking about it I realized it’s all true: modern games are so much worse than games before “always online” and “micro transactions” existed as concepts

Old school games had to be complete products, and good enough to be successful only on the single initial buy. Not like these modern games which ship full of bugs, unfinished, with a bunch of little ways to nickel and dime the playerbase for more money

Preach, brother. No one wants to hear about how making games is hard

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=
Old 08-14-2023, 09:11 PM
Banned

^
Most modern games studios are full of the same shitty quiet quitter generation that is ruining tv and movies
Old 08-15-2023, 02:53 PM
Sarnak

It obviously down to the workforce, not the people in charge with the final say on the product.
Old 08-15-2023, 03:05 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRogers [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It obviously down to the workforce, not the people in charge with the final say on the product.
Because producers and movie studios are telling their writers “hey let’s make a movie or tv show, but let’s also make it terrible. Write the shittiest story and dialog you possibly can. We want it to not sell”

It’s too coincidental that all forms of digital art and storytelling suck nowadays
Old 08-15-2023, 03:09 PM
Banned

Also, has anyone seen the widely panned video with a 98% dislike ratio of Diablo 4 devs playing Diablo 4? They don’t know how to play their own game
Old 08-15-2023, 04:05 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by unsunghero [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Because producers and movie studios are telling their writers “hey let’s make a movie or tv show, but let’s also make it terrible. Write the shittiest story and dialog you possibly can. We want it to not sell”

It’s too coincidental that all forms of digital art and storytelling suck nowadays

It's more like: "Here's the cultural opinion-shaping message we want to relay, make a movie about capeshit that delivers this message"

And

"I've got this messaging I want to deliver to viewers, but a new movie franchise won't attract enough people so let's take x wildly successful franchise and embed this cultural opinion-shaping message into; it doesn't matter if this drastically alters or even destroys the franchise, the messaging is the important part"

If you don't understand that simple concept, then you're lost. In the early 2000s the bad guys in the movies and TV shows were jihadi terrorists because they wanted you to infer that muslims were the enemy while they dehumanized them

Now it's white supremacists, because that's what they want you to dehumanize white people.

The point isn't to deliver a good movie or TV show that is appreciated by the audience; the point is to deliver the propaganda in the guise of a motion picture
Last edited by Landroval; 08-15-2023 at 04:10 PM..
Old 08-15-2023, 04:18 PM
Planar Protector

I think youre both right.
It's heavy propaganda as the primary culprit with a lack of creativity from millennials/gen z showing strongly as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by unsunghero [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Preach, brother. No one wants to hear about how making games is hard

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=
IGN made that video? wow. thats insane. I usually never agree with them LOL.

Kellian Cove (60 Wood Elf Rogue)
Parra Doxx (55 Barbarian Shaman)

“This man is using his mind as a weapon …and woe be tide the creature who
steps into his garden" -Finch

Last edited by Evia; 08-15-2023 at 04:26 PM..
Old 08-15-2023, 04:49 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evia [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think youre both right.
It's heavy propaganda as the primary culprit with a lack of creativity from millennials/gen z showing strongly as well.
Yea that seems right
Old 08-16-2023, 09:34 AM
Planar Protector

Game is fun but got a little repetitive for me after a while. Quests all feel kinda samey. Not sure I'll be able to finish the story to be honest. Combat is either way too easy or too frustrating/unfun depending on the encounter.

It's weird to me people are acting like it's some kind of masterpiece or the greatest game of all time. So far it hasn't done anything all that different from BG1 and 2 but with better graphics.