Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Old 06-21-2023, 11:18 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evia [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
First of all welcome to the party!
Yes the world is basically a giant world like eq….dungeons you load into will be your own “instance” but the open world is shared, which is why you see people running around. All items are automatically identified and your potions are now it’s own “ability” and you unlock more potions through completion of portions of the map, IE renown. As you lvl go to the alchemist to make the heal potion more powerful.

Pay attention to legendary item ‘abilities’ because if you like it you can rip the ability out at the occultist guy and then put it in any other item and it will automatically make it legendary.

I’m only lvl 50 but I’m having a great time so far with a flurry rogue. Rocking puncture/flurry/shadow step/dash/smoke grenade and it’s been pretty awesome in the aoe dog department. Single target big named mobs still give me a bit of trouble but Im having fun and I think that’s the goal.
Yeah...once I got my 2nd paragon board and looking at the refund costs...I don't want to go blazing in thinking something will work good and then find out I've got millions of gold to spend on re-doing it all.

Trying to figure out what I want to do on my Sorc going forward to end game. Its maddening...I don't want to run the current ice shard meta because I'm betting the nerf bat swings it into oblivion.
Old 06-21-2023, 11:53 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxigen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeah...once I got my 2nd paragon board and looking at the refund costs...I don't want to go blazing in thinking something will work good and then find out I've got millions of gold to spend on re-doing it all.

Trying to figure out what I want to do on my Sorc going forward to end game. Its maddening...I don't want to run the current ice shard meta because I'm betting the nerf bat swings it into oblivion.
The paragon board still confuses me. I thought I'd get to choose a board to start based on guides I was reading...yet i seem to have one I cannot change. So I'm guessing everyone starts with this board and the one you choose next is technically your first board? Idk...

But I'm with you on not wanting to run meta builds. Even the guy who helped me build up my flurry build told everyone that twisting blades was way better. I just don't have as much fun playing the cookie cutter build of the month.

I didn't realize it was so expensive to reset the paragon board? I'll have to be careful then on what I'm doing with it.

Kellian Cove (60 Wood Elf Rogue)
Parra Doxx (55 Barbarian Shaman)

“This man is using his mind as a weapon …and woe be tide the creature who
steps into his garden" -Finch

Last edited by Evia; 06-21-2023 at 11:55 AM..
Old 06-21-2023, 12:20 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evia [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The paragon board still confuses me. I thought I'd get to choose a board to start based on guides I was reading...yet i seem to have one I cannot change. So I'm guessing everyone starts with this board and the one you choose next is technically your first board? Idk...

But I'm with you on not wanting to run meta builds. Even the guy who helped me build up my flurry build told everyone that twisting blades was way better. I just don't have as much fun playing the cookie cutter build of the month.

I didn't realize it was so expensive to reset the paragon board? I'll have to be careful then on what I'm doing with it.
Yeah everyone starts with the same one then you get class options afterward.

Its definitely a lot to consider / plan if you're doing your own build.

This is the closest thing i could find to my own build:

Problem is with these meta build makers is they require you get the precise aspects in every slot and unique items. So I kinda need a sorc build that has a bit of flexibility gear wise.
Old 06-21-2023, 04:00 PM
Planar Protector

Looks like social media engagement numbers are good. Bobby be happy.
Old 06-22-2023, 10:52 AM
Planar Protector

Popped into WT4 last night. Was sitting outside the capstone dungeon and paired up with another level 60. We duo'd it slow and steady, died maybe once.

I recommend anyone to just rush to WT4 (be at least level 55 tho), then go back and do all your side quests, etc. The loot is just so much better.

Helltides are definitely a lot harder. I have to go slow and steady (or follow around a high level while aggressively humping his leg), have to be super careful when going for the 175 chest. Just gonna continue with the Tree of Whispers and other easy pickins stuff like World Bosses and Legion events til I get some key Ancestral pieces.

@Evia, let me know when you hit WT4 lets go slay some merbs.
Last edited by Toxigen; 06-22-2023 at 10:55 AM..
Old 06-22-2023, 05:19 PM
Planar Protector

I'm playing an arc lash sorc currently in nightmare and it's very powerful but I can tell the whole melee thing as a sorc might eventually be a problem
Old 06-23-2023, 02:15 PM
Planar Protector

Glad to hear all the great stories and that everyone seems to be having a good time. I just hit WT3 and am learning about the helltides and planning my paragon board out.

Usually I'm an alt o holic in diablo games, but I'm finding I'm uninterested in playing anything but my Rogue. Idk if that's because of how much fun I'm having or how much I don't want to do another leveling project lol.

Kellian Cove (60 Wood Elf Rogue)
Parra Doxx (55 Barbarian Shaman)

“This man is using his mind as a weapon …and woe be tide the creature who
steps into his garden" -Finch

Old 06-23-2023, 04:00 PM
Fire Giant

Don't fret too much about gold. You will amass more crafting materials than you know what to do with and are able to vendor much of the loot that you get.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lune [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm playing an arc lash sorc currently in nightmare and it's very powerful but I can tell the whole melee thing as a sorc might eventually be a problem
Melee sorc is very much a thing in torment; I am also running arc lash.
Old 06-23-2023, 05:20 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nibblewitz [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Don't fret too much about gold. You will amass more crafting materials than you know what to do with and are able to vendor much of the loot that you get.

Melee sorc is very much a thing in torment; I am also running arc lash.
For sure arc lash is amazing, both leveling and end game specs have variants.

Seeing just so much damn ice shards. I'm even crutching on it rank 1 in an enchanted slot.

I want frozen orb to be good, so so badly.
Old 06-23-2023, 06:48 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxigen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Seeing just so much damn ice shards. I'm even crutching on it rank 1 in an enchanted slot.

I want frozen orb to be good, so so badly.
I was in a world event where a sorc was three shorting elites with ice shards. I suspect the vulnerability mechanic will be nerfed or reworked.