Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Casters

Old 09-15-2023, 12:58 PM
Fire Giant

Summon has a 10second cool down
So if it's just the mob summoning and not your pet,it's not that bad
What are you planning on hunting that cant be mesed?
Not much really can't be mesed that is commonly hunted
Chardok 2 mobs don't summon, most stuff in Seb can be mesed.
If your fighting a summoning mob with a pet that summons,just prioritize getting a slow on the mob. Your pet which is much more dangerous than a slowed mob can always be mesed. Keep ae mes on the bar, that way you don't need to target swap to mes your pet.
Old 09-15-2023, 03:01 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by unsunghero [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I really have been trying to avoid summoning mobs like the bitch that I am, any tips from the grizzled vets on dealing with these as chanter?

Especially something that summons and is immune to runspeed changes, mez and charm. I could charm other stuff to throw at it, but breaks just seem brutal as I try to re-charm the other mob while potentially getting beat on by the kill target that I can't keep away with root. I guess if it could be aoe stunned that would help, but some named can't be stunned either

But not even all that, just summoning mobs in general, open to any tips. Not struggling with these per se, just figuring out the best approach before I start taking them on the regular
What on earth are you fighting that is immune to mez?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist View Post
With enough Clerics any class can survive AoW.
Old 09-15-2023, 06:18 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxigen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What on earth are you fighting that is immune to mez?
It might not have been mez, I've just looked up various named in zones and seen combinations of summons + some immunities, don't recall specifics tho
Old 09-15-2023, 06:21 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatChapp [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Summon has a 10second cool down
So if it's just the mob summoning and not your pet,it's not that bad
What are you planning on hunting that cant be mesed?
Not much really can't be mesed that is commonly hunted
Chardok 2 mobs don't summon, most stuff in Seb can be mesed.
If your fighting a summoning mob with a pet that summons,just prioritize getting a slow on the mob. Your pet which is much more dangerous than a slowed mob can always be mesed. Keep ae mes on the bar, that way you don't need to target swap to mes your pet.
Kk. It's funny, my only experience with summons, since I never got that high level in vanilla EQ, was in retail EQ years ago

But that was on necro, which where it was barely an inconvenience. It was always either summoning the necro pet, or else on the rare occasions where I was summoned by something very dangerous like a group named, necro had things like harmshield variants and FD

p99 summons is going to be a bit more tricky
Old 09-15-2023, 07:45 PM
Fire Giant

Finish your Seb key and go play around at NG.
Some of the pets summon,some of the scarabs summon. It's good practice, everything can be messed.

Eat the first summon on a break,lay down a stun and ae mez. It's fun,I like getting ping ponged between my pet and the mob.
Old 09-16-2023, 01:46 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatChapp [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Finish your Seb key and go play around at NG.
Some of the pets summon,some of the scarabs summon. It's good practice, everything can be messed.

Eat the first summon on a break,lay down a stun and ae mez. It's fun,I like getting ping ponged between my pet and the mob.
made this recommendation weeks ago

hes too afraid of death

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist View Post
With enough Clerics any class can survive AoW.
Old 09-16-2023, 02:43 PM
Banned

Sebilis is a right of passage for any enterprising solo enchanter. Deaths there build character.
Old 09-16-2023, 04:18 PM
Planar Protector

Its easy to get a drag n rez or if desperate just take 7 days off, let the bod rot and have a dev summon ur stuff back for you.

Gorgen (Blue) - Agnostic Troll Warrior of the XXXI Dung

Old 09-18-2023, 07:19 AM
Fire Giant

Can confirm just did Seb last night. Best part about Seb is all the shaman lying around, so every mob is hasted. Make sure to take Jaspers and Peridots for multiple runes.

I only died 4 times yesterday between ABC and NG. It was fun. Paid 400p for 4 rezzes. Made 800p from Gems. +400p. nIce
Old 09-18-2023, 02:36 PM
Fire Giant

I rarely die at ng,but ABC can be a bit tougher if you want to keep multiple spawns down. Straight plat it's really hard to beat just chilling at ng 90%afk
Disco is a bit easier than ABC,crawling back from frenzied to Pickler, maybe add in brogg. Lower avg lvl of frogs to paci