Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 05-01-2021, 04:26 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by tadkins [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I am genuinely considering Rogue right now. I know it's not the best solo class, far from it, but it's probably one of the best groupers, and there are *some* things I could do solo on slow nights, right? Even if I'm just stabbing some greens for cash and whatnot.

Easy epic, valuable in groups/raids, can explore everywhere and learn the layouts of all the dungeons in the game. I can pick a neutral/good race, grab a dark elf mask, and utilize all the cities in the game as well. Rogue really does have a lot I'm after in a class.
Yeah, ull still want invis pots, clickies. But u can farm and sell in a few dungeons. And pick pockets us fun. U won't be making 1k a night but 200-500p is reasonable. Baking and pottery is fun [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] Rogue is near to my heart because it is such a chill class. I think you'll be able to get away with intimidating spectres and giant's. At some point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Not when the ones giving the instructions are the ones with the potty mouth. Winning move is not to play?
So rogue on blue is about to start raiding grifawns! Pray for her no sneaky druids buff them. NpC or otherwise. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 05-01-2021, 05:00 AM
Planar Protector

Rogue are an interesting class as they are one of few with the ability to boost the accuracy of their group’s attacks without relying on a proc.

Gorgen (Blue) - Agnostic Troll Warrior of the XXXI Dung

Old 05-01-2021, 05:19 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by starkind [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeah, ull still want invis pots, clickies. But u can farm and sell in a few dungeons. And pick pockets us fun. U won't be making 1k a night but 200-500p is reasonable. Baking and pottery is fun [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] Rogue is near to my heart because it is such a chill class. I think you'll be able to get away with intimidating spectres and giant's. At some point.
For sure. I think I'll always be able to find something to do on a rogue, even if it's not always involving killing. It should be fun.

I'm just sitting here trying to decide on a name and race, lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Rogue are an interesting class as they are one of few with the ability to boost the accuracy of their group’s attacks without relying on a proc.
That's pretty cool. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] Can you elaborate?
Old 05-01-2021, 05:36 AM
Planar Protector

As Stark talked around, rogues are not bad at farming low level components, if you are into that kind of thing and doing trade skills, then you can decrease a mob's agility (so avoidance, and therefore by proxy the group's accuracy) using the Dizzy line of poisons.

Might not be appealing to your play style, but figured was worth pointing out.

Gorgen (Blue) - Agnostic Troll Warrior of the XXXI Dung

Old 05-01-2021, 05:54 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
As Stark talked around, rogues are not bad at farming low level components, if you are into that kind of thing and doing trade skills, then you can decrease a mob's agility (so avoidance, and therefore by proxy the group's accuracy) using the Dizzy line of poisons.

Might not be appealing to your play style, but figured was worth pointing out.
Ah thank you.

I actually like doing that sort of thing, going off to farm low level stuff for faction, tradeskills, etc. I've spent days just running around the world merchant fishing and such. I'm always looking for excuses to do things that don't involve grinding for exp. xD
Old 05-01-2021, 12:14 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by tadkins [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I am aware, but what does one do if they don't have any friends and can't get into any groups?.
I think the only way for that to happen would to have extremely odd play hours or just go out of one’s way to turn down group offers

I planned to never group to 50 on enc because I didn’t need to and didn’t want to have to share loot, I wanted to make the most money possible

But eventually I find myself solo’ing in an area where a group is and we are both pulling mobs from roughly the same area. Eventually the group messages “do you want to join?” And the unspoken part of that message is “or continue to fight us over mobs that aren’t a part of our specific camp?” So of course at that point I have 2 options: join or leave

I chose to join multiple times and of course the exp is better, albeit the loot isn’t. There’s always 1 group member who is a loot whore, I can spot. It is fun to be able to sit with the same charmed pet for hours doing 3x everyone’s dps tho. And of course group chat banter is a welcome break from the solitude
Old 05-01-2021, 12:20 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by unsunghero [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I planned to never group to 50 on enc because I didn’t need to and didn’t want to have to share loot
Quote:
Originally Posted by unsunghero [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There’s always 1 group member who is a loot whore, I can spot.
lol
Old 05-01-2021, 12:28 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tethler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
lol
The loot whore isn’t me! Lol

It’s actually the opposite. I care about my rep so if anything I loot far less than everyone else

Most groups seem to do a round robin with auto split off and I’ll often watch the entire group each loot something 2x before I loot once. But there’s always 1-2 people who loot multiple things back to back, and it’s super noticeable. I don’t say anything because I’m generally a non-confrontational person about anything but politics lol
Old 05-01-2021, 01:58 PM
Banned

why are u worried about loot if ur leveling in a grp, just ask for handouts like everyone else in *Antonica*
Old 05-01-2021, 02:09 PM
Aviak

Quit life join with other life quitters and finally gloat over ones guilds accomplishments on forums and discord as a single source of selfish positivity in life.
Closed Thread