Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Bugs

Old 11-02-2022, 05:01 PM
Banned

remember that devs do not like it when you bump threads endlessly without anything new

to add
Old 11-03-2022, 11:32 AM
Planar Protector

I’m going to bump this daily until it changes.

There hasn’t been a single developer reply to this in two years.

Last quake a rogue clearly hot swapped or boxed a rogue to FTE VD then refused to kill him while selling LR on discord and by private message. He took over 13 minutes to kill the mob while getting a buyer lined up.

VD window is too long. Easy dev fix.

Or you can go along thinking a single player burning multiple stacks of wort pots to solo a mob for 20 minutes while taunting 12 other players logged in watching as they advertise loot rights to run a player out and loot an item is classic and not against a play nice policy.

If that’s so, fuck this server. Ogres in doorways, healing and memblurring, or straight clickfesting to ninja loot are also classic in this vein.

Change the shit devs.
Old 11-03-2022, 01:00 PM
Large Rat

2-7 not classic. please review
Old 11-03-2022, 03:12 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tewaz [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Bump
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tunabros [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
remember that devs do not like it when you bump threads endlessly without anything new

to add
Thanks for your bump. Lots of great evidence here. Make that change

<Gravity>
Old 11-06-2022, 06:58 PM
Planar Protector

bump
Old 11-07-2022, 04:44 PM
Planar Protector

Bump
Old 11-08-2022, 02:26 PM
Aviak

Can we please get a comment from an admin/dev on whether they're aware of this, disagree with this, agree with this, etc?
Old 11-08-2022, 02:39 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by tranceminus [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Can we please get a comment from an admin/dev on whether they're aware of this, disagree with this, agree with this, etc?
No, you can't. Or at least, it's incredibly unlikely.

Look, maybe this wasn't obvious from:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tewaz [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There hasn’t been a single developer reply to this in two years.
... but clearly Nilbog has made a choice here. That choice is either to not fix this issue, or to fix it someday in the future. As others have tried to explain, Nilbog's actions will not be influenced by posts here.

Now, Nilbog doesn't strike me as an aggressive guy, so I wouldn't expect that he'd come tell you that you are idiots for posting. But he's also not going to let a few players dictate how he builds the server that he's spent over ten years of his life building.

So y'all can keep bumping all you want, but again, it's not going to do anything. And to be clear, I don't speak for Nilbog, and I have no special insight: you too can know exactly what I just explained yourself ... simply read past bug posts and see.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 11-08-2022, 02:47 PM
Planar Protector

Or, to sum it up with Nilbog's own words:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nilbog
I'll keep making classic changes when I can, regardless if people threaten to quit. I'm here to recreate classic eq; not to make people happy.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 11-08-2022, 05:28 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
No, you can't. Or at least, it's incredibly unlikely.

Look, maybe this wasn't obvious from:

... but clearly Nilbog has made a choice here. That choice is either to not fix this issue, or to fix it someday in the future. As others have tried to explain, Nilbog's actions will not be influenced by posts here.

Now, Nilbog doesn't strike me as an aggressive guy, so I wouldn't expect that he'd come tell you that you are idiots for posting. But he's also not going to let a few players dictate how he builds the server that he's spent over ten years of his life building.

So y'all can keep bumping all you want, but again, it's not going to do anything. And to be clear, I don't speak for Nilbog, and I have no special insight: you too can know exactly what I just explained yourself ... simply read past bug posts and see.
Can you even imagine how amazing it would be if there was even a little bit of transparency and communication from the devs about what's being worked on?

How many posts would've never happened if there was a list that everyone could see of all the things the devs are aware of and being worked on or that are working as intended and will remain as they are?

None of the devs/staff have any obligation to say anything or respond to any post but the staggering amount of trouble they would save and frustration that would be alleviated is immeasurable if they did decide to communicate more.

The lack of communication between the staff and the player base and crazy long amount of time between patches is really sad.