Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 01-21-2015, 03:22 AM
Large Bat

Whenever i start my comp and go into P99 the java update always fucks it up. Freeze..
Old 01-21-2015, 04:29 AM
Kobold

I'm sure most people know this, but you can hold down the CTRL key when selecting single items for tradeskills. For example, if you're making arrows, you need to put an arrow point, arrow shaft, a groove nock, and a cut fletching into a fletching kit. When you select one of each from your stacks of items, just keep the CTRL key down while you click back and forth, and don't let go until all 4 items are in the fletching kit. That way you click CTRL once instead of four times - it adds up.
Old 01-21-2015, 05:49 AM
Planar Protector

type /pizza to order from pizza hut. I do it about every 3 hours when I'm camping dragons.

Halloween 2015 event: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/23440971

PL service
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...d.php?t=313502
Old 01-21-2015, 06:11 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleris [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
type /pizza to order from pizza hut. I do it about every 3 hours when I'm camping dragons.
This always reminds me of the time Blizzard said for April 1st they were implementing /panda into WoW. Chinese food delivery from your computer!
Old 01-21-2015, 09:41 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burrito [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Has anyone found a way to play eq windowed and be able to run a program as admin?

When this happens my eq screen goes black and only returns if I fullscreen eq. I can then go back to windowed. The issue is sometimes this crashes the game.

Possibly eq play nice is a fix but I find it makes my game feel sluggish even if it is locked at a higher fps.
This is also a source of major frustration for me as well, I pretty much just make sure to not be doing anything important in game if I think one of those run as admin prompts might come up.

Chev
Old 01-21-2015, 10:12 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merekai [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is also a source of major frustration for me as well, I pretty much just make sure to not be doing anything important in game if I think one of those run as admin prompts might come up.

Chev
Not sure UAC is the culprit here, not trying to derail your lifehacks. But I have UAC off, and still suffer from the Black windowed screen.....

Now to contribute, though not much. When medding on my Necro I always like to be aware when a spawn or patrol has repopped. When medding I push the . key on my KB, thats Period key.... It will give you a camera view you can pan in/out, and a 360 degree view of where you are.. This also helps evil races bank, and vendor from behind, or through a wall.

Knights Who Say Ni!!!
Old 01-21-2015, 10:38 AM
Sarnak

Most people know about binding your sense heading skill to your Left and Right movements to incrase your skill.
Same can be done with click triggers. Bind your epic or clicks to a kick skill. Easy way to maintain your top buff spot for clicks

When replying tells you can cycle your tells easily by macroing the cycle. Mine is shift+tab.

Shift+up/down to jump through your typed messages. Same thing with Chest though where my keys lock up and I need to hit shift+space+enter at the same time to release it.

shift+k is music player

Dragging corpses with macro so you can drag 2 corpses at once, or lower your clicks by /tar Kagey's
/corpse
/pause 2
/corpse

Target cycle is a great tool also. Set mine to Tab and just watch for the flashing name. Still assist on raids however.
Chillout - Enc
Worlds - War
Old 01-21-2015, 10:40 AM
Sarnak

When does /tgb on come into play. velious? (target group buff)
Chillout - Enc
Worlds - War
Old 01-21-2015, 01:02 PM
Planar Protector

When levitating, alt tab to another window when at the lowest "bob", and click back in at the peak - do this a few times to raise yourself up a bit. Helpful for going up ledges in HS or what not. If you cant easily time the "bobs" because they're too fast, adjust your max FPS down.

Another is fall damage. If you have a computer capable of running EQ at high FPS (nearly all of us should), set your max FPS slider to max before dropping - you can drop into the hole etc and take minimal fall damage. Not sure if there is a limit to how far you can fall before breaking your back this way.... Set max fps slider back after you drop.

Evac to zone in with shrink. I need to toy with this more, but if you are shrunk and camp out in a corner, then log back in - you often get punted back to the zones "safe spot" which is often at the zone in.

Enchanters (or anyone thats a gnome) can "gnome" their way through the hole entrance underwater gate / wall.
Last edited by Pringles; 01-21-2015 at 01:05 PM..
Old 01-21-2015, 01:56 PM
Planar Protector

If you hold shift while typing raid commands in /shout or /guild people actually do them.