Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 01-30-2014, 02:32 PM
Planar Protector

In before someone complains at Vowels for suggesting spots that (GASP) other people like to camp too!
Old 01-30-2014, 02:45 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeaolena [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Get a port to Greater Faydark.

Hunt / Group in Crushbone. If you get any belts/pads, you can sell those to other players (1pp per belt, 2pp per pad used to be the norm). That will help you get some nice newbie leather/chain off the merchants while you gain a few levels.

Once you get level 14 or so, head over to "Sister's camp" in Lesser Faydark. They drop bronze weapons and when your bags are full you can hike over to the woodelf inn (#10), sell, and skip back. You'll make 200pp a night, if not a lot more. Solo, or duo it with someone. (If someone is there ask them to send you a tell when they leave).
http://wiki.project1999.com/index.php/Lesser_Faydark
#14 is what I am referring to on the map, but #4 has Bandits with bronze weapons also.

The Aviak's that guard The Arena entrance in Lake Rathetear are also good (level 20 solo spot). They can drop Bronze weapons that sell for 1-4pp each also. Large Sewing Kits from the merchants are usually dirt cheap as 'bags' and can hold giant items, just fyi.
http://www.allakabor.com/eqatlas/lakerathetear.html

Sisters and Aviaks outside the Arena are the places where I culled pp to first upgrades while I was leveling Aeaolena. Beyond that, I am sure you could do a forum search for "Money Making Camps" and find ideas. Places that will earn you top dollar while you are leveling. Two birds with one stone, etc etc.

I also do not have familiarity on what level you need to camp or group for http://wiki.project1999.com/Vopuk_Shralok in Highpass..
But he is level 22 and high level characters will buy his shiny brass idol for upwards of 500pp it seems.
(Ref: http://wiki.project1999.com/Shiny_Brass_Idol)

Good luck!
Absolute sound advice. I thank you! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 01-30-2014, 02:57 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgt1stClassPerkerwood [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeah 100k is way too cheap, Tallon Zek had them for 260k.

The good ol days were when the bazaar first came out, and i would stock up on any fine steel BP i could get my hands on. Then, id setup shop with a ceremonial iksar chestplate for 5k (which was crazy), then as Id see people running towards me I would swap out the ikky for one of my worthless BPs and they would buy it every time. Saved up enough to get a fungi and then did the same thing.... When they went for 250k+, Id set my price at 100k and people would buy 100k small cloth tunics by the truckload.

Ahhhh Tallon Zek [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
DUDE! i think u ripped me off on live lol. happened to me on TZ =/

I DEMAND MY FUNGI NOW ON P99!
Old 01-30-2014, 03:08 PM
Sarnak

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 01-30-2014, 03:43 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splorf22 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The OP is not wrong. Basically the server has been out for a while, so there is a huge difference in price between BiS and 2nd best.

Example:
FBSS 10k
Sash of the Dragonborn: 15k
RBG: 60k
Cloak of Flames: 125k

Or:
Hooded Black Cloak: 3.5k
Hierophant's Cloak: 45k

What irritates me, though, is the idea that it's hard to progress on this server. PLEASE. You can level insanely fast because half of your group is twinked to the gills and the other half has random dudes dropping in to give them high level buffs. You can then join a guild and the officers have probably been playing for two years and have literally every pixel in the game, so you are on the short list.

As a Paladin your path is PARTICULARLY easy because no one else plays the class. Join any casual guild and you'll have 41% haste and full valorium and such within a few months tops. Then you'll either get your books outright with the new raid rules or maybe buy them (only like 30k, which isn't that bad if you are 50+ and it is the fucking EPIC). Voila, Fiery Defender. Get lucky on a Hiero cloak in the crypt and boom, you're done - Deepwater is trash anyway with AC not working properly.

Yeah, but all of this is a sunk cost when they realize they're doing about 20 dps with an epic and 41 haste. lols.
Old 01-30-2014, 04:30 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by KwwBall [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I appreciate the offer. I didn't make this thread to look for handouts though. I do appreciate it very much though! I'll look you up in game.

In an effort to keep this thread from potentially derailing if you have interest in helping me out go ahead and send me a PM.

I'm very much interested on what other people think about this topic. If your new to the server, an old vet, poor, rich, ect...
Or ypu could get a group for upper guk to help you get GB in your 30's instead of being dissapointed again in your 40's for the lack of upgrades. Just saying that buying gear is not your only way to achievegetting the gear you want. You don't make much pp till your 30s anyway. Go do the FM giant fort from 30-40 and you'll bring in a few kpp in the process.
Old 01-30-2014, 04:50 PM
Fire Giant

Funny thing is its all this "junk" gear lowbies get cheap (quite powerful for the level used) that make classes like wizzies even less desirable in groups. Back in the day a wizard wasnt great but at least decent dps in a low level group. Now you're either crazy or real generous to add them in a low-mid lvl group.
Old 01-30-2014, 04:52 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velerin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Funny thing is its all this "junk" gear lowbies get cheap (quite powerful for the level used) that make classes like wizzies even less desirable in groups. Back in the day a wizard wasnt great but at least decent dps in a low level group. Now you're either crazy or real generous to add them in a low-mid lvl group.
Good point. Draughts might not compare to a ragebringer, but they don't look quite so terrible when the level 50 rogue you're grouped with has a 10/20 piercer instead... lol.
Old 01-30-2014, 04:58 PM
Planar Protector

There's a tonne of crazy generous people levelling up thru their 20s and 30s at the moment!

<3 you low/mid level guys on p99 these days!
Old 01-30-2014, 05:11 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by teija [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
DUDE! i think u ripped me off on live lol. happened to me on TZ =/

I DEMAND MY FUNGI NOW ON P99!
<3

but in reality it probably only caused a fuck ton of copycats