Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 06-05-2015, 11:56 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by bktroost [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Pleasw GMs, think of the children.
haha^
Mackaroni <Seal Team> - Human Monk
Old 06-06-2015, 12:05 AM
Planar Protector

Soulfires / item recharging on blue sounds neat on paper, but it's such a goddamn hassle :P Honestly would not be sad if it were to disappear and we started using class skills again.
Old 06-06-2015, 12:25 AM
Planar Protector

Send a message via ICQ to Uuruk Send a message via AIM to Uuruk Send a message via MSN to Uuruk Send a message via Yahoo to Uuruk

I think the most amazing thing about this thread is you got a GM to show up in minutes. If eunomia is not on one of her red ooc kicks it could be days on red. Pras lady eunomia for spending time learning the red server lately though.
Old 06-06-2015, 12:52 AM
Banned

wait, its as easy as just keeping your character sitting at VT to get her on spawn because of the rules?

damn I dont know why I never once thought of that when it mattered.

Im not reading all this thread.. but this is crappy:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samoht [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Maybe you're misunderstanding things. If the person camping them does not tag them pretty much as soon as they spawn, then it becomes FTE. You cannot let them stay up uncontested. That's not how *any* camp works, much less Lucan.
No the rules state, 'the person camping the spawn has a reasonable amount of time to kill thier target" meaning that if you instantly fte it because you're like YOU DIDNT AGRO IT IN 2 SECONDS I WIN IM BETTER THAN U then when that other person petitions, you will loose.
Last edited by iruinedyourday; 06-06-2015 at 12:58 AM..
Old 06-06-2015, 01:49 AM
Planar Protector

Seriously, nerf soulfires and heal pots on blue. Ivandyr hoops were deemed broken but soulfires and heal pots are ok? Nerf the pots, make soulfire paladin only and give them a reason to be wanted in a raid setting.
Originally Posted by Hollywood Hogan
The first thing you gotta' realize, brother, is this right here is the future of wrestling. You can call this the New World Order of Wrestling.
Old 06-06-2015, 02:00 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by arsenalpow [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Seriously, nerf soulfires and heal pots on blue. Ivandyr hoops were deemed broken but soulfires and heal pots are ok? Nerf the pots, make soulfire paladin only and give them a reason to be wanted in a raid setting.
Nah, the unshaven ones will simply require all the monks and rogues and cleric-bots to pack reapers lest they be denied their precious DKP. But if the change came without warning all seven of the raiding paladins on the server could gather to bathe in the cleansing and invigorating tears of the 1337dewds who hadn't spent their charges yet.
Old 06-06-2015, 03:31 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajahten [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yes that's what this post is about, and I am that Paladin.

I was camping Lucan for several hours because a nice member of Indig gave me his previous ToD from 2-3 kills ago. So I had a vague mindframe,

He popped maybe 30 minutes after I thought he would, and I had already prematurely contacted a GM in fear of Lucan being sniped. I had a 60 Monk with me, and a 60 Warlock and 60 Shaman close by who offered to help.

Literally within a second of Lucan spawning, he was sniped. I asked politely in tells for him to show a little bit of respect because I was a paladin working on epic, and he was a 60 war trying to get another clicky. I asked him 4-5 times in tells, he ignored. I asked his clr healer buddy, he told me he couldn't help me. So, the GM who sat with me intervened. Told the war that Lucan is indeed a camp. The war argued with the GM, and another GM came. ETC ETC. In the end, I got the testament.

My point is - I didn't even have a CHANCE to pull, nor did my monk friend. The war just popped out of invis and was gone with Lucan.

Thanks to Indig for helping a lowbie Paladin out. Thanks to the GMs for standing up on the matter. I've spent weeks and weeks trying to get this thing.
Had this happen long time ago good ol Tmo Druid classyness wonder who did it to you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moregan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This. ^

EverQuest is a MMORPG. When you log into EverQuest, and you see all those other people running around with blue and purple (and sometimes red) names over their heads, please realize that those are real people who are here to play and enjoy the game, just like you.

If you show up to camp something, and there is another player already there, try talking to them like the real person that they are! Communicating your intentions (as well as learning what their intentions are) can go a long way to avoid a conflict.

Silently standing in a corner with invis on waiting for the exact moment a mob pops to steal it is not only against the rules, it is a surefire recipe for conflict. Please try to be communicative with other players about camps like this. Talking it out can spare a lot of unnecessary trouble.

We are doing our best to make Project 1999 a fun and hospitable place to enjoy classic EQ. Every time you are able to work something out directly with another player, it helps the staff tremendously.

Thank you for your cooperation!

Thanks
-Moregan
A++ best GM out there thanks for your service Moregan.
Last edited by topgun1027; 06-06-2015 at 03:34 AM..
Old 06-06-2015, 08:31 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeallunRumblebelly [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Soulfires / item recharging on blue sounds neat on paper, but it's such a goddamn hassle :P Honestly would not be sad if it were to disappear and we started using class skills again.
SoulFires, while classic, I tend to agree pose a large balance concern, similar to Ivandyr's Hoops. I wouldn't be too sad if GMs nuked them. Just post you're doing it a week or two in advance so people can try crazy things with their existing SoulFires.

Item Recharging however... There certainly are some powerful clicks, but item recharging atleast benefits the server by being a way to prevent inflation by taking money out of the system. If you remove that, suddenly the probably 50-100k burned weekly by guilds into the abyss (NPC Vendors), stops disappearing. On a server with this sort of lifespan, I'm not sure how that would end up.
Old 06-06-2015, 09:04 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by iruinedyourday [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
No the rules state, 'the person camping the spawn has a reasonable amount of time to kill thier target" meaning that if you instantly fte it because you're like YOU DIDNT AGRO IT IN 2 SECONDS I WIN IM BETTER THAN U then when that other person petitions, you will loose.
No, the rules clearly state that you cannot leave them up uncontested just because you're "camping" it. You cannot be AFK. You have to engage it. The sooner, the better. If you have to resort to petitioning, I'd say you waited too long.
Also its pretty hard not to post after you.. not because you have a stimulating(sic), but because you are constantly patrolling RnF and filling it with your spam.
Old 06-06-2015, 09:23 AM
Planar Protector

Send a message via ICQ to Uuruk Send a message via AIM to Uuruk Send a message via MSN to Uuruk Send a message via Yahoo to Uuruk

Man blue sounds like so much fun.
Closed Thread