Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 11-28-2010, 01:07 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Secrets [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
also, might I mention that we care about the NPCs more than we care about players. you are nothing but a little bunch of ants to us.
This is the second time I've heard a dev say something like this. There may be more that I have missed, but it is the second one I have seen myself.

I've never broken a single rule on the server, never two boxed, never run third party software like SEQ, etc...

I've tried to spread p1999 by word of mouth to former guildmates, rl friends, coworkers, etc...

I certainly feel like I am "owed" anything by the Dev Team. If they wanted to they could pull the plug tonight, shut down the server forever, and I would not be able to say anything, in honesty, except that they gave me a great game to play for over a year, that I loved playing, could play no where else, and they did it all for free.

I get that the Dev motivations have nothing to do with making me happy. They do this for their own reasons, and those reasons may have nothing to do with me, the players, the guilds, or anything else except their own personal desires.

I find it hard, however, to believe that you really think the players here are just "a little bunch of ants". As a player who considers himself loyal to your team and loyal to your project, I find it disappointing if the Dev team really doesn't care at all about the gaming public here---then again, I've already said that it would surprise me if that were really the case. I just don't get why the need to post it.

I'm not saying the players should be your motivation to do anything or that your own reasons shouldn't be paramount to put this much time and other personal resources into the project, but don't the player's matter at all to you? I hope you aren't totally honest when you say that they don't.
Old 11-28-2010, 01:08 PM
Planar Protector

meant to say in previous post:

I am **NOT** owed anything.

critical mistake, sorry.
Old 11-28-2010, 01:12 PM
Sarnak

I sent a tell once to DA if they could help me Kill sir Lucan because he was up.
They were almost finished raiding and were glad to offer the help.
I had Sir lucan single pulled, and had him running around while I waited for DA's arrival.
Then came the guild Sapentia (and without waiting for lucan to go back to the militia house like he should of)
They just took the aggro (and they didn't even say anything to me, even though they saw me and three others trying to keep lucan busy until DA arrived),
and then DA arrived just after they killed him.

It has been 3 months, and I have never again had the chance to get my soulfire.

Just wanted to thank DA again for trying, and here I shake my fist in anger, as I lost one of my only chances to have a cool fiery sword.
Old 11-28-2010, 01:14 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Secrets [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
i don't think anyone in DA has donated a single penny

we don't care about money. we want a server to be running. we never spend money for personal gain. you are borderline retarded and I actually expected better than that from you to make such bullshit claims.

nilbog manages the money btw. he does a good job of making sure it all goes back to the server's costs.

keep being the uninformed public though it's amusing to say the least.
LMAO! I love secrets when he speaks the truth.
Old 11-28-2010, 01:18 PM
Fire Giant

HOLY SHIT ABACAB, SHUT UP! No one cares about your plight to get unbanned anymore. You're entire argument is that two wrongs make a right and it is simply ridiculous.
Old 11-28-2010, 01:24 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rareen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
the only way Koota could of seen that Draco spawn was because it was a GM that made himself Draco to catch his ass. So he then decides to petition and ask what happend to Draco and the GM just banned his ass because the GM relized he was using showeq.
There should be lots more of this going on. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] ALL THE TIME.

"You know you done fucked up when Yendor gives you raid commentary." - Tiggles
Old 11-28-2010, 01:33 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loke [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
HOLY SHIT ABACAB, SHUT UP! No one cares about your plight to get unbanned anymore. YOUR entire argument is that two wrongs make a right and it is simply ridiculous.
Fixed BTW.

I don't see abacab as trying to get unbanned, I just see him pointing out some hypocrasy and inconsistent punishments. Anyone who has been in a guild, or in the leadership circles of a guild know what is going on. Too much is always said by people in the know. There is no doubt in my mind that the DA leaders knew what was going on; waaay too much evidence to support it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darwoth View Post
What is griefing to you anyway? Getting killed without a white glove to the left cheek and a formal declaration of imminent fisticuffs?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceros View Post
If you guys hadn't noticed, mimix ownz all, so just give in.
Old 11-28-2010, 01:36 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by YendorLootmonkey [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There should be lots more of this going on. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] ALL THE TIME.
You can't. People also use druids/rangers/bards and thus makes any accusation worthless, even if they are using SEQ. They can always claim that they hit track and saw it.

I've seen members of various guilds tracking draco/maestro that same way (dragons as well, actually). Seeing a paladin at hate zone in or a necro FD at fear portal is obvious, it's the others that don't get caught that will then cause problems. With variance it just gives people more incentive to do much the same. Without it you'd see far less SEQing going on for raid targets.

People used SEQ back on live as well, but when targets are spread out over a 48 hour period then it gives the ones who use it here a massive advantage over the rest. Only real way to truly catch it is thru a third party program that checks in the background for it and it'd have to be coded by the devs. The last thing they need to be doing is tinkering up a baby monitor. That's why i've championed getting rid of the damn variance; it means that there's 1 less toy that the children can hurt each other with.
Old 11-28-2010, 01:40 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skope [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You can't. People also use druids/rangers/bards and thus makes any accusation worthless, even if they are using SEQ. They can always claim that they hit track and saw it.

I've seen members of various guilds tracking draco/maestro that same way (dragons as well, actually). Seeing a paladin at hate zone in or a necro FD at fear portal is obvious, it's the others that don't get caught that will then cause problems. With variance it just gives people more incentive to do much the same. Without it you'd see far less SEQing going on for raid targets.

People used SEQ back on live as well, but when targets are spread out over a 48 hour period then it gives the ones who use it here a massive advantage over the rest. Only real way to truly catch it is thru a third party program that checks in the background for it and it'd have to be coded by the devs. The last thing they need to be doing is tinkering up a baby monitor. That's why i've championed getting rid of the damn variance; it means that there's 1 less toy that the children can hurt each other with.
Yeah then you have 4 guilds sitting ontop of a spawn point waiting for it to spawn in the next 30 seconds. Then the guilds that didnt get the kill shot petition sayin they engaged it first and it would happen on every raid encouter.
Old 11-28-2010, 01:43 PM
Banned

You learn to play with each other. Guilds talked, you remember that? That's how it went down on live. and anyone that's claiming that it would be a massive problem is someone who never raided back then nor knows what EQ raiding was/is. Let the children learn to play with each other, it becomes a requirement in kunark.
Closed Thread