Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Priests

Old 01-29-2024, 08:13 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcbrown [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
My example was two swings over a 16 second fight. Your example was three swings over an 18 second fight. You came up with a number that was similar but not the same as the number I came up with. You've refused to address my calculations: https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...68#post3671968

I'm bored with trying to teach you probability. I consider my previous posts a sufficient explanation, and won't bother correcting you on this topic any more.
3 ticks is 18 seconds. You're example is a 3 tick fight. In your example you would get a third swing after the JBB hits. The trouble is an individual 3 tick fight would either have 2 swings or 3, depending on if your auto attack timer was recovering from a previous fight or not.

I know you think you understand how the averages work, but you don't. Hopefully you can admit to that at some point.
Last edited by DeathsSilkyMist; 01-29-2024 at 08:21 PM..
Old 01-29-2024, 08:21 PM
Planar Protector

DSM, did you ditch university after realising ALL of the professors are idiots who dont understand stuff?
I dont really expect (or want) an answer its more of a collective thought experiment.
Old 01-29-2024, 08:23 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
DSM, did you ditch university after realising ALL of the professors are idiots who dont understand stuff?
I dont really expect (or want) an answer its more of a collective thought experiment.
Basic averages are simple mathematics. Bcbrown is not using mathematics correctly.
Old 01-29-2024, 08:26 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Did you keep track of average actions-per-minute between the two play styles? It was a long thread; I might've missed it. To me that's more important than a few seconds here or there in average killspeed. How much labor is the JBB saving?
One is a click (action) every 8 seconds after the mob is in camp for 130-140 seconds 16-17 clicks + maybe a root once it runs over the course of 130-140 seconds

The other is 1 root, 3 dots (4 actions) and 10 casts of canni IV over 188 seconds (14 actions).

What each shaman does to get the mob into camp (pull it slow it etc) is the same.

The dotting approach is fewer actions per minute. The JBB is more mindless in terms of actions/timing.

Canni dancing is not difficult. If you haven’t figured out how to do it by level 55+, there’s a lack of brain cells in the equation. It was muscle memory for me within a few hours of getting the first canni spell.
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...43&postcount=2

Old 01-29-2024, 08:27 PM
Planar Protector

That was clearly not the question. Add reading comprehension to your deficiencies list please.
Old 01-29-2024, 08:30 PM
Planar Protector

Do sham dots with dd component technically count as (potential) root breaking damage? Just curious.
Last edited by Duik; 01-29-2024 at 08:31 PM.. Reason: Edit **Potential**
Old 01-29-2024, 08:38 PM
Planar Protector

Bcbrown, thanks for trying. Your math skills are clearly well above mine, but you did a good job explaining it and given the dynamics of a long duration proc you are correct. You cannot simply assume that the dot, on average, will be up for 50% of every fight.

Especially when the delay of the weapon is so far below the cast time of this weapon.

Whatever your proc per minute should be, you’re gonna have to nearly cut that in half because the bracer has an 8 second cast time

Old 01-29-2024, 08:45 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troxx [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Bcbrown, thanks for trying. Your math skills are clearly well above mine, but you did a good job explaining it and given the dynamics of a long duration proc you are correct. You cannot simply assume that the dot, on average, will be up for 50% of every fight.

Especially when the delay of the weapon is so far below the cast time of this weapon.

Whatever your proc per minute should be, you’re gonna have to nearly cut that in half because the bracer has an 8 second cast time
I do appreciate Bcbrown for trying. He simply didn't succeed. Same with yourself earlier in the thread.

I am not sure what the benefit is to your argument of quibbiling over ~1 DPS when we were never including the white damage or the 0.15 extra PPM to being with. It doesn't tip the scales anyway in the DoT Shaman's favor. You would almost certainly end up with ~2 DPS after white damage minimum even if you wanted to reduce the damage.

I also just did a test in game with a 50 delay weapon while spamming JBB. You actually get 1 swing after JBB no matter what, because the timer refreshes during the JBB cast. So you actually get 8 swings per minute instead of 6, just as an FYI.
Last edited by DeathsSilkyMist; 01-29-2024 at 08:50 PM..
Old 01-29-2024, 08:51 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I also just did a test in game with a 50 delay weapon while spamming JBB. You actually get 1 swing after JBB no matter what, because the timer refreshes during the JBB cast. So you actually get 8 swings per minute instead of 6, just as an FYI.
No shit Sherlock. That’s how the game works. Unless your weapon delay is over 80 (and without any spell or worn haste), you will get 1 swing with each JBB click (8 sec cast time)

Did you not already know that?

Old 01-29-2024, 08:52 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troxx [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
No shit Sherlock. That’s how the game works. Unless your weapon delay is over 80 (and without any spell or worn haste), you will get 1 swing with each JBB click (8 sec cast time)

Did you not already know that?
Yikes.