Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Old 09-07-2022, 09:06 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
--they could rack up massive amounts of cash selling them literally nothing for huge fee's because the money was "invisible", and the people just ate it up

and then when anyone points this out this solution is to give money to the crooks that took them for a ride in the first place, the same people that god suckered get all pissed off at you.
Feeling both guilty and thrilled at the same time is an intoxicating mixture.
Old 09-07-2022, 09:39 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homesteaded [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I've been grinding away at my CS Degree as an adult. My work pays for most of it. I suspect the issue is two-fold, people take out these massive loans for degrees that are fruitless while at the same time refusing to work and pay for school as they go. Instead they maintain their standard of living through parental subsidies (bad idea).

I work in the grocery business and it's astonishing the flip that has occurred in the last few years, these jobs have been traditionally filled by young people. Now most of the grocery store workers are old folks. This trend can be seen in nearly all service industry roles.
I'm noticing that too, as a grocery shopper. There are more older retired people working those jobs than ever. They're bored, they want a little extra spending money so they're willing to wake up early and go work those jobs.

Young people, in general, do not want to work those same jobs. I don't know why exactly. I have my suspicions like videogame addictions and enabling by parents but I don't know.
Old 09-07-2022, 10:41 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSparkle001 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm noticing that too, as a grocery shopper. There are more older retired people working those jobs than ever. They're bored, they want a little extra spending money so they're willing to wake up early and go work those jobs.
Their savings was probably wiped out and that job will take them.

Edit: I am old, bored and everything hurts. Think I will go work at the local grocery store where the shelves are above my head and my shoulders won't lift that high anymore and the bottom shelves are low and my knees don't bend that way anymore. I want to put up with entitled people, assholes, crying-messy children and the scum of society.. for something to do. Physical labor keeps the blood moving. I really like the fast moving pace of "now now now" and "i am always wrong".

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSparkle001 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Young people, in general, do not want to work those same jobs. I don't know why exactly. I have my suspicions like videogame addictions and enabling by parents but I don't know.
Remember to Like, Comment and Subscribe.
Last edited by Mblake1981; 09-07-2022 at 10:52 AM..
Old 09-07-2022, 12:14 PM
Planar Protector

Define old and working at a grocery store though.

Like obviously if someone was bidens age and shape, and working at a grocery store we'd agree that was elder abuse but look he can flawlessly run a country.

He hasn't got us embroiled in any world wars, or given billions ot the taliban on accident, or accidentally drone struck a car full of kids and teachers, or got 13 Americans killed by hamfisting an evacuation without any planning, or transferred 2 trillion to the 1% in 2 years or reduced my spending power by 40% or.....
Old 09-07-2022, 12:38 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Define old and working at a grocery store though.
Next stop Wal-Mart greeter. If you were good, one of the local Chic-Fil-A's will take you in to check on customers
and refill their drinks.
Last edited by Mblake1981; 09-07-2022 at 12:41 PM.. Reason: typo
Old 09-07-2022, 12:40 PM
Planar Protector

imagine being 90 and not able to raid because you have to go work at chic-fil-a
Old 09-07-2022, 12:44 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
imagine being 90 and not able to raid because you have to go work at chic-fil-a
Don't have to imagine when you see it already.
Old 09-07-2022, 12:48 PM
Planar Protector

A recession is when your neighbor looses his job a depression is when you do.
Old 09-07-2022, 12:49 PM
Planar Protector

Remember to sanitize.
Old 09-07-2022, 12:50 PM
Planar Protector

Welcome to Costco. I love you.