Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Old 01-25-2022, 06:19 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kich867 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ha! Exactly friend, between 1986 and 2019 covid-19 probably killed less than 8500 people! I'm glad you brought up that court to raise awareness! Given your enthusiasm, it sounds like you're all for government based programs like this one!

Now more people can learn about being paid out with virtually any evidence whatsoever of being injured by vaccines you could be paid out millions of dollars!

All it takes is basically any sliver of evidence!
Even with all the inflated numbers (like when they were marking everything as covid related death at first for profit) covid still has a lower mortality rate than the flu, which magically disappeared last year.
Old 01-25-2022, 06:40 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kich867 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ha! You're exactly right friend, our healthcare system is definitely profit driven! So much so in fact it drives people to do the craziest things. Unfortunately that's a prerequisite of our healthcare system though! We need to let healthcare to be this profit-driven and hungry, otherwise we won't get quality doctors!

Fortunately for us friend, we live in a dichotomy in which we simultaneously need healthcare to be outrageously expensive in order to attract talented doctors and other healthcare professionals but also lament them for existing in the system we've created! Don't worry, everything is under control!
The best healers work without payment. I can assure you of that.
Greed does not breed excellence, quite the opposite, it breeds slouth behavior, and a lazy mind.
Old 01-25-2022, 06:41 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by F0rmsh1fter [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Even with all the inflated numbers (like when they were marking everything as covid related death at first for profit) covid still has a lower mortality rate than the flu, which magically disappeared last year.
Right on friend! It sure does, fortunately when medical professionals refer to influenza it's the sum of various influenza strains since there's so many of them! Isn't that fun? It's kind of like comparing Covid-19 to heart disease, of which there's dozens!

I rest easy at night knowing that Covid-19 is a single strain of coronavirus that is often compared to the sum of dozens of other illnesses! Fortunately for us, side effects of the flu are extremely similar to Covid-19 and the same number of people are intubated every year for the flu as Covid-19!

I'm just thankful that most people are prepared for unexpected ER visits that cost thousands of dollars! If they weren't, they'd have to choose between not getting medical attention or being in debt! Everything is a-ok!
Old 01-25-2022, 06:49 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midfrost [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The best healers work without payment. I can assure you of that.
Greed does not breed excellence, quite the opposite, it breeds slouth behavior, and a lazy mind.
Haha! I tell my shamans that every time I go to see them! Unfortunately friend not many people have access to shamans, and go seek out medical doctors! Luckily we've established a system in which hospitals and doctors are for-profit and exist in an ecosystem in which health insurance arbitrarily inflates and sets prices because none of it matters!

I sleep soundly knowing my health insurance can arbitrarily decide not to cover something my doctor says I need! Fortunately for us healthcare professionals have to sometimes order multiple tests you absolutely don't require first in order to get health insurance to agree to pay for the thing you do need! The system works!
Old 01-25-2022, 06:54 PM
Banned

Quote:
Right on friend! It sure does, fortunately when medical professionals refer to influenza it's the sum of various influenza strains since there's so many of them! Isn't that fun? It's kind of like comparing Covid-19 to heart disease, of which there's dozens!

I rest easy at night knowing that Covid-19 is a single strain of coronavirus that is often compared to the sum of dozens of other illnesses! Fortunately for us, side effects of the flu are extremely similar to Covid-19 and the same number of people are intubated every year for the flu as Covid-19!

I'm just thankful that most people are prepared for unexpected ER visits that cost thousands of dollars! If they weren't, they'd have to choose between not getting medical attention or being in debt! Everything is a-ok!
Well if you’re below the poverty line, it’s all completely covered, even ER visits

If you’re working, or if you’re surfing the insurance marketplace, you usually have some flexibility in plan choice. The thousands of dollars you will owe is usually gonna be your deductible. For example myself, I picked a plan with a $4k deductible, so if I get my arm cut off, I pay $4k, insurance covers the rest. I picked this deductible because it’s something I knew with my income I could (barely lol) afford, and also because barring some horrible thing outside my control (which is always possible), I am very healthy and wouldn’t see myself needing a lot of procedures

My relatives with a history of health issues have plans with no deductible or low deductible because they anticipate needing to have possibly expensive procedures done. They do have to pay more for those per month tho obviously

But undeniably the poor and the rich are pretty set, healthcare wise. It’s the middle class who can be in a jam, especially if they are working full time for an employer who doesn’t offer healthcare plans
Old 01-25-2022, 07:21 PM
Banned

... Is that a defense of for-profit healthcare?
Old 01-25-2022, 07:30 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by robayon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
... Is that a defense of for-profit healthcare?
Just a statement of fact. Maybe anecdotal, but for every job I’ve had that offered healthcare plans, I had a tier of choices and the knowledge of what my deductible would be ahead of time. I made the choice on what part of my paycheck I would sacrifice based on what deductible I could afford and how much I anticipated needing to use it

It was simply not possible for me to be sidelined with some shocking “you got in a car accident and now you owe the hospital $30,000!” because that’s not how deductibles work

It’s still (I recently checked this) not possible to be disqualified due to pre-existing conditions, so that’s not a thing anymore. And I’ve never had something deemed not covered. If a doctor ordered it, it was considered medically necessary. Nor have I heard of others reporting this. I’m not saying it’s not possible, but I personally don’t think this is occurring frequently

Our current healthcare is a mix of for-profit and socialized. I have yet to see a proposition that can create the trillions of dollars we would need to provide free healthcare for everyone in America (I’m aware other countries have completely socialized medicine tho). Obviously if I thought it was possible to give everyone free healthcare without any negatives (because negatives can sometimes come with this, I’ve heard), I’d be all for it

If you have a proposal on how it can be done based on how X country does it, I’ve probably heard it before, and tbh wouldn’t delve to deep into it
Old 01-25-2022, 07:42 PM
Banned

You and I have had wildly different experiences with what I assume to be American healthcare
Old 01-25-2022, 07:42 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by unsunghero [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Our current healthcare is a mix of for-profit and socialized. I have yet to see a proposition that can create the trillions of dollars we would need to provide free healthcare for everyone in America (I’m aware other countries have completely socialized medicine tho). Obviously if I thought it was possible to give everyone free healthcare without any negatives (because negatives can sometimes come with this, I’ve heard), I’d be all for it.
There's no road from here to there that doesn't involve ruining a whole lotta lives.

I liked Butt's idea best - medicare for all who want it. Two birds with one stone, IYKWIM. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 01-25-2022, 07:44 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by unsunghero [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Just a statement of fact. Maybe anecdotal, but for every job I’ve had that offered healthcare plans, I had a tier of choices and the knowledge of what my deductible would be ahead of time. I made the choice on what part of my paycheck I would sacrifice based on what deductible I could afford and how much I anticipated needing to use it

It was simply not possible for me to be sidelined with some shocking “you got in a car accident and now you owe the hospital $30,000!” because that’s not how deductibles work

It’s still (I recently checked this) not possible to be disqualified due to pre-existing conditions, so that’s not a thing anymore. And I’ve never had something deemed not covered. If a doctor ordered it, it was considered medically necessary. Nor have I heard of others reporting this. I’m not saying it’s not possible, but I personally don’t think this is occurring frequently

Our current healthcare is a mix of for-profit and socialized. I have yet to see a proposition that can create the trillions of dollars we would need to provide free healthcare for everyone in America (I’m aware other countries have completely socialized medicine tho). Obviously if I thought it was possible to give everyone free healthcare without any negatives (because negatives can sometimes come with this, I’ve heard), I’d be all for it

If you have a proposal on how it can be done based on how X country does it, I’ve probably heard it before, and tbh wouldn’t delve to deep into it
Fortunately friend life is all about trade offs! I just choose to coexist simultaneously within the world where healthcare is extremely expensive and intrinsically tied to your work which I believe gives us the best healthcare professionals in the world, as well as the world in which I distrust those same medical professionals I put in that position because of their for-profit mindset!

There is no alternative! We need to keep them for-profit so we can distrust them for being for-profit! If they weren't, what would I need all these shaman for?! I wake up every morning and give myself finger-guns in the mirror an a quick wink before I sip my morning coffee and sit down for work!