Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 10-05-2021, 07:12 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horza [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
RIP Mesocyclone
Can this be a thread?
Old 10-05-2021, 07:18 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whale biologist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Solid concerns but nothing like cancellation is getting through Congress without heavy Republican assistance(lol). Dead agenda going into the midterm campaign season.

Last part sounds like what will happen but Trump paused it so I guess Biden can? If he wants?
Seems like a hot potato nobody wants to pay for

I dunno, the debt accumulated seems like an expensive college degree is just worthless paper in the real world these days
Old 10-05-2021, 09:33 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elizondo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Seems like a hot potato nobody wants to pay for

I dunno, the debt accumulated seems like an expensive college degree is just worthless paper in the real world these days
Probably largely so, but might depend on the degree

I personally still feel that most job knowledge the professionals are utilizing on a day to day basis is experience-based, not education-based. But of course one can’t be hired to gain that experience without the proper certification

It would be interesting to compare based on surveys or something which degrees prepare people best for their careers and which are the worst
Old 10-05-2021, 10:00 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by unsunghero [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Probably largely so, but might depend on the degree

I personally still feel that most job knowledge the professionals are utilizing on a day to day basis is experience-based, not education-based. But of course one can’t be hired to gain that experience without the proper certification

It would be interesting to compare based on surveys or something which degrees prepare people best for their careers and which are the worst
Yea I agree with you

These degrees have been sold as The American Dream like somebody was buying a house. The problem is there are only so many houses available and the job market's been flooded with degrees, but no experience and there aren't enough jobs to go around. It's like 10 different real estate agents sellin the same house. Only one person actually gets to live there.

If there were enough jobs to fill all these degrees, folks would be makin the money to pay them off. Problem is low IQ folks are participating in a watered down education system that teaches kids how to be good at hammer and sickle and not good at workin with skill.

So now there is this big bubble of debt that hamburger flippers who got a degree in zoology can't pay for. They make good McDonald's though.
Old 10-05-2021, 10:35 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elizondo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yea I agree with you

These degrees have been sold as The American Dream like somebody was buying a house. The problem is there are only so many houses available and the job market's been flooded with degrees, but no experience and there aren't enough jobs to go around. It's like 10 different real estate agents sellin the same house. Only one person actually gets to live there.

If there were enough jobs to fill all these degrees, folks would be makin the money to pay them off. Problem is low IQ folks are participating in a watered down education system that teaches kids how to be good at hammer and sickle and not good at workin with skill.

So now there is this big bubble of debt that hamburger flippers who got a degree in zoology can't pay for. They make good McDonald's though.
Ya, most def that is the case, and I can give an example from my field

One of the commonly-known ways of “upward movement” within the mental health field is to be hired by a medical hospital as a social worker, either doing assessments or discharge planning or something like that. The agency I work for has lost some good employees to hospitals because, while we are a great place to work for, a medical hospital will usually pay something like $15-20k/yr more per year WITH better benefits

But nowadays all hospital mental health positions require a clinical licensure. The way to get a clinical licensure is to have 3,200 hours of supervised COUNSELING experience in no less than 2 years. This means doing outpatient counseling, then having that combed over by a (usually power-tripping, based on stories I’ve heard…) supervisor the entire time

Why is this? Medical social workers don’t do counseling. Why do they need 3,200 hours of supervised counseling experience? Because other people applying have it. And because of liability, the hospital will always take someone who has the clinical licensure certification over someone who doesn’t. Doesn’t matter who is actually better at their job. All that matters is the hospitals had enough people applying who were over-certified (in a completely different line of work!), and so over-certified became the standard
Last edited by unsunghero; 10-05-2021 at 10:37 PM..
Old 10-05-2021, 10:46 PM
Planar Protector

back in my day the libs said you couldn't fight terrorism and now they say grandma is a terrorist and should be locked up in gitmo because the parties flipped.
Old 10-05-2021, 11:02 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
back in my day the libs said you couldn't fight terrorism and now they say grandma is a terrorist and should be locked up in gitmo because the parties flipped.
Not just grandma

Democrats got mad that parents were vehemently protesting Critical Race Theory bullshit being fed to their impressionable kids

So what did the Dems do? Militarize their brown shirts, the FBI, who finished wasting thousands of dollars investigating Bubba Wallace’s garage door cord that looked like a noose, and maybe to distract from the embarrassment of Dog the Bounty Hunter being better than them at tracking down that one guy who killed that blonde youtuber…

And instead the Dems have asked their brown shirt enforcers to start arresting these parents who protest CRT

https://www.usnews.com/news/educatio...-board-members

Because as we all have heard, there has been just nothing but violence and terror for school staff from concerned parents these days. Have you heard all the stories of assaults of school staff at school board meetings? All the violence? Oh yeah, you haven’t. Because it doesn’t fucking exist
Old 10-05-2021, 11:08 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by unsunghero [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Because as we all have heard, there has been just nothing but violence and terror for school staff from concerned parents these days. Have you heard all the stories of assaults of school staff at school board meetings? All the violence? Oh yeah, you haven’t. Because it doesn’t fucking exist
Violent right-wing extremists don't exist. January 6th was just a bunch of peaceful tourists. Trump didn't act like the Proud Boys are basically the paramilitary wing of the GOP.
Old 10-05-2021, 11:09 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horza [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Violent right-wing extremists don't exist. January 6th was just a bunch of peaceful tourists. Trump didn't act like the Proud Boys are basically the paramilitary wing of the GOP.
Holy shit are you saying the Jan 6th insurrectionists have tunneled out of their never-ending solitary confinement and linked up with the proud boys to go terrorize school board meetings?!

How did you learn of this covert op??
Closed Thread