Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 09-22-2015, 04:58 PM
Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamil [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Couldn't get it to work so gave up. Sounded interesting
Post your issue in one of the forums - it's worth it to play
Old 09-23-2015, 06:24 PM
Aviak

Last merge created a mem leak, this will be resolved shortly.
Old 09-23-2015, 06:29 PM
Aviak

Enjoying it a lot so far. Isn't quite as exciting as red is, but that's understandable as no game is as fun without pvp, imo.

Personally i just miss the PoP era and boxing. I'd never risk my stuff on p99 to box, and with a community as nice as the one on p2002 it's pretty easy to get started. Haven't had any issues having to relog after playing long periods of time, but there is the issue with going ld while zoning every now and then that's kind of annoying.
Old 09-23-2015, 08:57 PM
Orc

Oh cool haynar when did you start playing on p2002?
Old 09-24-2015, 12:38 PM
Banned

Most of the code is identical, in fact. However for sure it takes longer for code changes to make it to P2002, I think TAK is kind of the test box for the code and P2002 do not think it's really necessary to update code before it has been thoroughly tested on TAK, which I think is a good thing. When TAK was having huge problems for 2 weeks because of some code/lua change, P2002 was running perfectly fine. The corrupted code never made it to P2002.

Quote:
I recommend that p2002 move back to main code base, as it is turning the server to crap
Quote:
I did not care for all the bugs. Reminded me of playing on takp 6 months ago. It sucked.
Quote:
I am actually very resentful towards what p2002 has done. It kinda throws much of the work that myself and others such as cavedude, Secrets, Robregen, Speedz, Torven, et. al., under the bus, with the claims that you can do better. I am unimpressed.

If you can't beat them, make up lies about them? After you already closed an off topic thread to shut down ads for P2002 (will this thread be next??), your bias is showing once again [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] You should be ashamed of yourself.

Now that you have finally fixed the player counter at least people can see through the lies , as it is now obvious P2002 has a larger population than TAK. So I am not surprised you have resorted to grasping at straws. Your fake ass attempt at coming off as objective has failed
Last edited by apio; 09-24-2015 at 12:40 PM..
Old 09-24-2015, 12:48 PM
Banned

You don't see the P2002 staff shitting up the TAK advertisement thread. That's because they have better things to do, like developing content instead of developing a mental illness as you seem to be doing.
Old 09-24-2015, 12:57 PM
Banned

oh is it time for another episode of eqmac emu squabblefest?

hmm...let's see...oh here we go - p2002 was founded on cheating by cheaters!
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 09-24-2015, 12:58 PM
Fire Giant

I'm sure it's been posted in this thread already, but what is the population of the server like? Is it just a bunch of people boxing or are there actual guilds killing stuff?
Old 09-24-2015, 01:00 PM
Banned

There's a playercounter on the front page that shows the number of currently logged in characters

http://p2002.com
Last edited by apio; 09-24-2015 at 01:08 PM..
Old 09-24-2015, 01:15 PM
VIP / Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by apio [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Now that you have finally fixed the player counter at least people can see through the lies , as it is now obvious P2002 has a larger population than TAK. So I am not surprised you have resorted to grasping at straws. Your fake ass attempt at coming off as objective has failed
I wasn't aware anyone gave two shits what the player counts were.

TAKP has 78-100 on weekends, P2002 has 30-80ish on average on the same days. I don't think there's anything to be upset about here on either sides - that is healthy for a small community in both regards.

I don't think we need to grasp at straws here - on either side. The hostility from day 1 is unwarranted.

It's clearly obvious you guys feel threatened by TAKP because they have people you don't like, and vice versa. No one cares and the competitive mentality is killing both of these communities. EQMac never was about competing servers, it was about 2-3 guilds (Temerity, Destiny, The Horde primarily) and they all got along somehow.

Do you really know why the EQMac server went to hell? Here's a history lesson: P1999 players went over to EQMac.

Quote:
You don't see the P2002 staff shitting up the TAK advertisement thread. That's because they have better things to do, like developing content instead of developing a mental illness as you seem to be doing.
Sorry, I wasn't aware that this project was all content and no code. A majority of the time spent on TAKP lately was fixing the stuff that was mechanically wrong - see Torven's work, cavedude's work, Haynar's work, my work, etc...

I'd be in favor of close sourcing the code and database beyond what's available - it's obvious P2002 doesn't want to contribute and wants to destroy our community judging by the hostilities shown here. Three of their developers grasp at straws and attack Haynar unprovoked. What kind of bullshit is that?

“Knowing yourself is the beginning of all wisdom.” — Aristotle
Closed Thread