Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

View Poll Results: do you think the current VP rules are bullshit?
yes 327 68.99%
no 147 31.01%
Voters: 474. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 08-08-2013, 01:07 PM
Planar Protector

I agree there are more players than loot going around. I also think that it would/could have been a great deal less toxic if a rule that allows player griefing was not put into effect. I will say again, if a guild has killed enough trakanons to gather keys for VP. They put in a sufficient amount of effort to be afforded a chance at VP mobs without griefing. The entire root of the situation in now stem's from training/douchebaggery/lawyering that went on in the past.

You have 6 months tops til Velious. Do you really think that a train war will REALLY keep the sleeper from being woken? IB was getting VP dragon kills with the trains, and that's a far worse place trash wise than sleepers. If you can find the people to do it, it will be done. You will not have a vanguard of people 24 hours/7 days a week/365 days a year to do that. IB for instance, could camp a raid force out, wait for you to kill the third warder, train the 4th on top of you, login and kill it while you recover. Good luck getting a big enough train going when 90% of your raid is down the tunnel. That stuff had a fairly long respawn time if I am not mistaken. Also, I am sure they would have counter trainers stationed at the open parts ready to pull that stuff off of you. The entire premise of keeping training in VP to allow it in ST is illogical. It just perpetuates the core issue. Intentional griefing..NO MATTER WHO DOES IT.. is wrong against another player.

You can't keep the douchebag's from being douchebag's if they want to. EQMAC sleeper is a prime example of this. I mean they had less people due to levels/gear but the point is the same. The only thing you can do is ban them when they do things against the rules, and blackball them if they do not get banned. Everybody is so terrible to each other here its the freaking norm to not even try to blackball.

Another note:
Personally I think it would be cool...after the Sleeper is awoken, have a year of post sleeper, then it revert back for a few weeks/month, to get a shot at actually killing him. It would give people a chance to see the "ending" of the game. Wanting to experience content on a blue nostalgia simulator, what a concept!

Tanrin,Rinat,Sprucewaynee
Old 08-08-2013, 01:12 PM
Banned

^ for president
Old 08-08-2013, 01:17 PM
Planar Protector

umm no?

Old 08-08-2013, 01:20 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by FenninEQaddict [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So what you guys are saying is high end raiding is toxic because training is allowed in VP? seems so

Show of hands how many of you that are complaining about this have seen VP beyond on a Twitch feed or Wiki link? almost all of them

How many of you think your guild could be clearing VP right now if training wasnt occuring there? maybe 4 guilds top could clear all but 1 or 2 dragons

Old 08-08-2013, 01:36 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by p-niner [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Enable pvp
Old 08-08-2013, 01:40 PM
Planar Protector

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Old 08-08-2013, 01:51 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by radditsu [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think Nilbog, Nirgon, and a couple of others will agree that the problem with p99 red has less to do with its being "PVP" and more to do with the "rules of PvP" put in place by Rogean (viz., no item loot).
Old 08-08-2013, 02:12 PM
Sarnak

On a related note, training anything from the entrance down to the warders in sleeper's tomb is INSANELY hard. In a FFA environment, any guild at warders will do everything in their power to kill the opposing guild's CoTH bot with a warder, so by that point the run will be your only option. It's not like VP where you can just walk around mobs and have them join your train... you literally have to go right through their hit boxes and there are a LOT of hard hitting mobs in the way. Selos chorus - DA - sbi likely won't cut it
Old 08-08-2013, 03:41 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by p-niner [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Stop writing essays

Enable pvp and root the trainers - profit
PvP ST / VP only. The New Age Arena.

Turp --- Purp
60 Shm 60 Wiz
Old 08-08-2013, 03:44 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nietche [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think Nilbog, Nirgon, and a couple of others will agree that the problem with p99 red has less to do with its being "PVP" and more to do with the "rules of PvP" put in place by Rogean (viz., no item loot).
Oh sorry, my point was that there is a red server to play. I guess my fun little "picture is worth 1000 words" joke I had in my head did not translate well. I guess the population number was just a little bit more meta of a joke than I thought about! I mean red players seem to be a....special...breed of players. It's sad they have one giant zerg guild, but not my problem.

Closed Thread