Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-31-2014, 12:57 PM
Planar Protector

Blue players are shitty because of greed.

Red players are shitty because of spite.

One is self interest. One is the desire to make others have a bad time.

That's why red is toxic. Blue is drama, lol PvP is far more drama. And people over there have no qualms about using racial/homophobic slurs in global OOC. It's just another breed of terrible people on red.
Old 10-31-2014, 01:01 PM
Fire Giant

I don't know if this has been suggested, but what about:

Have every single raid mob spawn at an exact time for every spawn (I.E. all mobs spawn at 4pm PST and every 49 hours <so that the time all the mobs pop constantly change> after that etc…).

Guilds can only go after 1 raid boss at a time.

All guilds must be outside of the raid mob’s zone when the timer pops.

Basically, it would replace current spawn mechanics with scheduled earthquakes. Keep in mind this is a very rudimentary guideline, but it would allow for competition to continue within P99 and it would stop poopsocking and endless hours of CoTH ducking.

Anyone have any opinions/suggesting to add?

edit: I don't particularly care because I don't raid anymore. I'm just trying to be helpful and find a solution that everyone can tolerate.
Old 10-31-2014, 01:02 PM
Planar Protector

red players are like that kid that tried to convince you his neogeo pocket is better than your gameboy
Old 10-31-2014, 01:09 PM
Planar Protector

Honestly the biggest hurdle with the PvP server is the preconceived notion that it's all grief, all the time, and that EQ wasn't meant for PvP. The interesting thing is that, almost by accident, it was fun.

It's really just more about getting one large symbolic move over to Red to convince people that it's overall a nice viable server. It's not that dead. People always make alts. But the low population is precisely the reason we tell people to migrate. Make the zones more populated. There's a massive amount of the server under utilized on a daily basis.

You'll learn how to PvP with time. It can be frustrating, yes, but it's infinitely more practical when it comes to solving issues like variance socking (just kill people), and it's ultimately a more interesting aspect of EQ.

We're trying to build a server around more civil PvP (one side wins, fuck it, Rez their cleric in to CR their guild out). It's not all the vitriol and bullshit the forums might have you think.

It's just a simple end to problems like these that you guys seem to have. A thread 500 replies long suggests to me you want a change anyway. So why not Red? Is a better question. We have other problems, surely, but not these ones. You're the better players? Prove it. Earn your keep. Pretty simple.
Old 10-31-2014, 01:17 PM
Planar Protector

My girlfriend was on red last night and some ultra geared holo twink waltzed into CoM, obliterated two entire groups, broke them up for the night and then she was getting hunted into EJ after she managed to loot her shit up.

You want to pvp, that's fine, but swooping in with ridiculously geared twinks and shooting fish in a barrel is shit I used to do back on SZ which was a goddamn penal colony. You want red to work? Stop eating your own and try to not say faggot repeatedly in global ooc.
Originally Posted by Hollywood Hogan
The first thing you gotta' realize, brother, is this right here is the future of wrestling. You can call this the New World Order of Wrestling.
Old 10-31-2014, 01:17 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daldaen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Blue players are shitty because of greed.

Red players are shitty because of spite.

One is self interest. One is the desire to make others have a bad time.

That's why red is toxic. Blue is drama, lol PvP is far more drama. And people over there have no qualms about using racial/homophobic slurs in global OOC. It's just another breed of terrible people on red.
That's exactly why no one comes to Red. This misconception stops people from even trying. The forums are a troll fest, I agree, but the server itself is far different. We can't really control lower level griefers' actions, and there's definitely a small contingent of players who want to see people quit ( old Sullon Zek retards trying to fuck everything up), but the majority are more interested in good, clean fights that are big and fun. Sirken just ban hammered two monks trying to train a mass PvP fight to sway the battle their way.

It's not a Sullon Zek atmosphere really, though. It's changing a lot.
Old 10-31-2014, 01:21 PM
Sarnak

Obviously 11 out of 12 people don't give a fuck about red. Might as well spam in your own forum.
Old 10-31-2014, 01:23 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by arsenalpow [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
My girlfriend was on red last night and some ultra geared holo twink waltzed into CoM, obliterated two entire groups, broke them up for the night and then she was getting hunted into EJ after she managed to loot her shit up.
Does she still play?

Edit: Want to Buy: T-staff, Fungi Tunic, RBB, Seb Cloak, Monk Epic MQ, Tranix Crown on red - PST.
Old 10-31-2014, 01:25 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by arsenalpow [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

You want to pvp, that's fine, but swooping in with ridiculously geared twinks and shooting fish in a barrel is shit I used to do back on SZ which was a goddamn penal colony. You want red to work? Stop eating your own and try to not say faggot repeatedly in global ooc.
Yeah, that happens in 3 zones on the server. MM, Unrest, CoM. That's where twinks lay in wait. It's difficult to stop them from doing that. They think of it like a rite of passage or something. Chardok, for instance, is empty a good majority of the day though. So is BW. Even Seb is sometimes.

Just need some tenacity, figure out where people are and aren't.
Old 10-31-2014, 01:25 PM
Banned

Got prof? We know you train your own raids and lie about it Chest

Take a minute and think about 3k pop blue Velious launch and if that's what you want, go ahead [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Seeing the word faggot doesn't keep Chest out of RNF either, or most of you
Closed Thread