Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Old 09-02-2023, 11:52 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lune [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Wizards are truly relatively undervalued on P99 because the game is so widely understood and people are very geared, and wizards tend to be more useful in bad groups. When it comes to leveling, imagine it isn't 2023 and everyone isn't on their 14th fungi tunic alt. You're grouping in Paw or Kaesora, or even city of mist. Your melees dont know they can bind at the NK gypsy camp. Your wizard is going to make building the group and getting it there in the first place massively easier. When someone has to go, they can go grab a replacement. When someone dies, there will be no rezzes available-- they can go pick them up and bring them back. When the shit hits the fan, they can burn everything down. They can stun or otherwise burn down caster mobs. A druid can do most of things as well, but once you get to 50+, the wizard is useful on raids... the druid, not so much, beyond the first few druids.

Back on live, when all the melees had shit gear and nobody knew what the fuck they were doing, wizards were much better. They aren't even that bad, especially if you've got both a bard and an enchanter in group
I don't necessarily disagree with you on that. Although, it might be more accurate to say that because players didn't know enough about the game back then, it appeared that wizards were more useful than they really were. I don't know how this thread got derailed with this subject. I don't even care that much about this. I just like to make fun of the people who whine, because I won't invite their wizard/ranger or whatever shit class they play into my group.
Old 09-02-2023, 11:56 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by unsunghero [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I like to buff everyone I pass always. And by buff I mean to put on multiple useful ones based on my limited understanding of class names after 50…chances are I’m guessing wrong and giving monks and warriors c2 fairly often though

But I don’t think I’m unique in that regard. One wholesome thing about the community is I’m verbally thanked, even in tells sometimes minutes later (because they were afk) like 99% of the time
I don't have problem with people being nice to others. I even spent 3 hours the other day, just powerleveling a bunch random people in mistmoore for free. To be fair though, I was trying to raise my ring of scale faction at the same time, but still free power leveling for a bunch of random people is actually a pretty nice thing to do.
Old 09-03-2023, 12:03 AM
Kobold

It's almost like those old cartoons. The guy that has a Angel on one shoulder and a devil on the other. The Angel in me wants to help people and be nice to others and power level newbies. The devil in me wants me to be selfish, conceited and only out for me. Honestly, this is just stupid old Video game anyway. Reciprocity though is pretty huge thing for me.
Old 09-03-2023, 12:34 AM
Planar Protector

you've already convinced the entire community you are a raging douche bag

you aren't going back now
Old 09-03-2023, 12:40 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trexller [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
you've already convinced the entire community you are a raging douche bag

you aren't going back now
It's good thing you don't represent the whole community or I might actually be worried here. Also, A well known dirtbag with a shit reputation calling someone else a douche bag is kind of Ironic.
Old 09-03-2023, 12:47 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by long.liam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I don't have problem with people being nice to others. I even spent 3 hours the other day, just powerleveling a bunch random people in mistmoore for free. To be fair though, I was trying to raise my ring of scale faction at the same time, but still free power leveling for a bunch of random people is actually a pretty nice thing to do.
Uh oh, I recently shit on that faction. Is that important for something? I don’t see myself doing the CoV or other dragon’s quests though
Old 09-03-2023, 12:47 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by long.liam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's good thing you don't represent the whole community or I might actually be worried here. Also, A well known dirtbag with a shit reputation calling someone else a douche bag is kind of Ironic.
what's so bad about me? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 09-03-2023, 12:49 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by unsunghero [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Uh oh, I recently shit on that faction. Is that important for something? I don’t see myself doing the CoV or other dragon’s quests though
if you keep playing you surely will need CoV faction, fortunately it's really easy to raise. Well not so much easy, but the mobs are plentiful. Hang out in kael at WL zone and tag faction pulls, that makes it easy.

Ring of Scale you'll never need
Old 09-03-2023, 12:50 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Only if you want help with pulling one of the Kunark dragons or keeping Esorpa harmonied for others. Ring of Scale doesn't have any quests available, at least not in this era.
Old 09-03-2023, 12:53 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trexller [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
what's so bad about me? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'd have to make a whole thread just to explain that. One look at your avatar already tells me all I need to know about you.