Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Old 06-16-2023, 09:04 PM
Banned

Qeynos just didn't have that great zone that FP has: Oasis

Sure, Blackburrow is fun when it was brand new but players were going there at lvl 5-6 and it wore out its welcome by lvl 12 or 13. It was time to go explore the world. I don't remember anyone making the journey from FP to Qeynos as there was nothing out there to bring the people over. Everfrost could have been that zone, but it wasn't.

When I hit level 13 on my ranger, some friends said let's make the trip and it was a wild one. We made it through the karanas, highpass (mainly due to the amount of folks training through and dying), kithicor, all the way to west commons where I died by the only HG hugging the wall around befallen. I had to make that trip a second time, naked.

It was glorious and I'll never forget that first run
Old 06-17-2023, 01:04 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigPlays [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Knowing what you know today, if you were to start a fresh toon, other than nostalgia or preference for say liking Erudites, why would you start say a HE bard in Qeynos instead of FP? Both have end game dungeons but Sol B is way more fleshed out than Perma. Maybe it is not a bug, but I think it was more of the devs didn't know what they didn't know.

Like they never thought a Bard would AOE kite an entire zone or people would kite with DOTs, so it ended up getting nerfed. They did also add the Hole later and revamped kerra. So looking back, I think they did recognize that the Qeynos area was unfinished and added the paw revamp and Hole.
This makes absolutely no sense
Old 06-17-2023, 08:26 AM
Planar Protector

Yall complain about oasis.

Butt south karana- lake rathe and rathe mnts is the bomb
Old 06-17-2023, 10:36 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by branamil [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Lmao

I disagree with the message because halas and everfrost and blackburrow own... but it was still hilarious.
Old 06-17-2023, 10:58 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnetaress [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yall complain about oasis.

Butt south karana- lake rathe and rathe mnts is the bomb
agreed - the qeynos starter area is Qhills thru to EK/HHK to the east and rathe mountains to the south.

Gorgen (Blue) - Agnostic Troll Warrior of the XXXI Dung

Old 06-17-2023, 08:09 PM
Planar Protector

I don't think they original layout folks anticipated how popular dark elves were going to be maybe. They might have expected the opposite?

You get a Freeport - Qeynos axis that makes some sense only if you eliminate the location of their home city. Neriak unbalances the map and dark elves are really popular. Solution: Neriak off of Lake Rathetear.

Give dark elves a water beathing ability that allows them to hunt fish a lot. They cn hold their breath until they are blue in the face.
Old 06-17-2023, 08:11 PM
Planar Protector

keep nek forest where it is, of course. It's a nice pairing with kithicor.
Old 06-17-2023, 08:33 PM
Planar Protector

DE get a Lake Rathetear-only waterbreathing skill:
Old 06-17-2023, 08:57 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sadre Spinegnawer [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I don't think they original layout folks anticipated how popular dark elves were going to be maybe. They might have expected the opposite?

You get a Freeport - Qeynos axis that makes some sense only if you eliminate the location of their home city. Neriak unbalances the map and dark elves are really popular. Solution: Neriak off of Lake Rathetear.

Give dark elves a water beathing ability that allows them to hunt fish a lot. They cn hold their breath until they are blue in the face.
Neriak -> Neriad

Old 06-17-2023, 09:04 PM
Banned

In terms of asthetics, Neriak easily could've been placed underneath the Arena with a zone on the other side of the subterranean city for low levels to xp in, otherwise Lake Rathetear would've needed to lower level mobs.