Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 05-01-2011, 05:13 PM
Banned

And again to be factual and exact, that was 98% resistant at 500 mr. Which was technically about impossible during velious but that was the cap.

I read "minimum" which would mean the minimum no matter what your resist is at. If i would still root you 2% of the time with 500 mr, then i probably would root you even more at only 100. I am not claiming this scenario is fact wormoct, so don't get confused as you always do. I am only applying simple logic to the equation and suggesting an outcome that makes sense.
Old 05-01-2011, 06:34 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vile [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
how the fuck do you guys have logs that old saved?
SZ leaderboard was just one reason SZ was the most fun server for me.

It's alot of fun to kill someone 28 levels above you. People who claim full level range pvp is all about griefing greenie don't have a big imagination.

As far as i can tell, 30 level 30's against 1 level 60 will probably win. If you are worried about getting the kill shot, it's like the lottery-someone has got to win.
Old 05-01-2011, 08:28 PM
Banned

I would never get snared back in the day, like pre POP unless I got tashed or maloed, and usually took both to be really controlled. I was using just ur typical diamond/bd/wolfseyes/ragebringer etc had prolly 140? I played pretty reckless charging groups in karnors and the later velks and was usually spammed root/snares which never landed musta been 95%+ I'd say. Back in classic I had shit resists on my sham and it would happen quite a bit when I was sporting 60-70 mr etc. Biggest shock for me on VZ/TZ was how easily snares landed on 175+ really ruins a lot of the game, one snare lands on you in mass pvp and it's game over, pretty boring and huge mistake to change that from live. My first pvp fight on VZ/TZ was karnors over VS I had 180 buffed MR first spell cast on me was engulfing darkness and it landed, got completely zerged by scrubs - jokes.
Last edited by Amuk; 05-01-2011 at 09:40 PM..
Old 05-01-2011, 10:55 PM
Planar Protector

vztz had it pretty balanced imo. you could never be safe, but still only got snared/rooted maybe 1/10 times. and when you got hit with either of them, they only lasted .5-12 seconds.
Old 05-01-2011, 11:30 PM
Fire Giant

10 min snare and root that have a 50% resist rate at 200mr and non dispellable druid dots is how it was in classic. I remember those details vividly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drakaris View Post
My brother is an award winning body builder and I'm faster bigger and stronger than him.
The Dukes Vengeance
Old 05-02-2011, 12:47 AM
Banned

Send a message via AIM to wehrmacht

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macken [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
And again to be factual and exact, that was 98% resistant at 500 mr.
lol, what a fucking moron. Lethdar already proved you wrong by posting people's parses. Even post velious when the resist system was changed, you resisted snare and root 87% of the time with 150MR. So before it was changed, you resisted even EASIER.

It was not 98% resistant at 500MR, you have to be a complete idiot to think that after reading the original post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amuk [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Biggest shock for me on VZ/TZ was how easily snares landed on 175+ really ruins a lot of the game, one snare lands on you in mass pvp and it's game over, pretty boring and huge mistake to change that from live.
No shit it's a huge mistake to change it, why do you think the TZVZ population was 50 people? Because it's FFA with the worst magic resist system ever created.
Old 05-02-2011, 01:08 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by wehrmacht [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

No shit it's a huge mistake to change it, why do you think the TZVZ population was 50 people? Because it's FFA with the worst magic resist system ever created.
Wrong

I can tell you what every peak & valley was along the vztz timeline. Wipes, Leaderboard implementation, pve being broken, GM favoritism, etc were the distinct reasons I remember population dropping.

Also, do you have any idea how juiced melee dmg was on vztz. Crippling blows for 1500 dmg or w/e the fuck it was with AP.

Besides, my chanter old world with 265 mr rarely ever got tagged with any form of cc on vztz.
Old 05-02-2011, 01:12 AM
Banned

Send a message via AIM to wehrmacht

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayDee [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Besides, my chanter old world with 265 mr rarely ever got tagged with any form of cc on vztz.
With the best item in every slot pre-kunark including two 13mr jacinth rings, Null's test rogue was 157mr.

Without any items from planes (jacinth comes from planes and dino) or fire giants, it's 25mr base + 74 items = 99MR.

Tossing around numbers like "265MR" like it's actually attainable by any melee is just retarded. Nobody is going to follow your melee around and cast GMR on you every 10 minutes the entire time you're playing either.
Old 05-02-2011, 02:42 AM
Planar Protector

Anyone who has ever guilded on vztz has had access to a chanter. Dunno who yer kiddin.

And if you talk prep time for contesting raid mobs, never a reason to not have GMR unless someone is wanding you.
Old 05-02-2011, 02:43 AM
Planar Protector

Took 2 fucking days to grind one to 50

or in Kringe's/Bodu's case, seconds.