Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 03-08-2020, 04:17 AM
Fire Giant

Average manastone camp now exceeds 130 hours.
Old 03-08-2020, 11:34 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This week, some were rotting nonlisted. A low level had a chance to grab.
Well I picked the wrong time to do the mask. Joined at #9... Now sitting at #1... and I am so overly ready for bed. No one has dropped off before me either like when I did the ms camp. But yeah my entire time here the manastone list has been a steady 14-15, in tandem with a steady numer of inquiries for how long it is.

God created dinosaurs. God destroyed dinosaurs. God created Man. Man destroyed God. Man created dinosaurs.

Dinosaurs eat man...Woman inherits the earth.
Old 03-09-2020, 01:58 PM
Planar Protector

I thought it used to hover between 6-9.
Old 03-09-2020, 03:57 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravax [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Allowing an account to have more than one is the real problem.
You're right... sweaty nerds with the steely neckbeard willpower to camp something for 72+ hours would totally find having to make a new account to camp another completely prohibitive, and that would stop them cold in their tracks.

"You know you done fucked up when Yendor gives you raid commentary." - Tiggles
Old 03-09-2020, 04:07 PM
Banned

Make manastone ARTIFACT one per server, problem solved
Old 03-09-2020, 04:31 PM
Banned

Lol, shift working a Manastone in 2020 on an emulated EverQuest server. If only most of you were this determined in life to uplift uourselves out of the poverty in your life.

Then you could just pay a Chinaman to do it for you...oh wait...some already do this...hint...hint.
Old 03-09-2020, 04:45 PM
Planar Protector

What if you are someone like me who rerolled on red99 from scratch with zero accounts in 2020 and doesn't have nor need a manastone, so unless someone gives me one, I won't have one. Because I doubt I will farm plat for a legacy item.

Never know.

I guess lich will have to do [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Actually. There are many elf friends and elves with manastones, and so the great manastone spirit lives throughout our elf lands. Therefore, every manastone farmed is a manastone had, by every elf who desires one deeply enough to have a stone, feel it in their little elf hands, and marvel at it's wonder.

Thank you manastones. For being. Manastones. For the elves. That need you. And use you.

Someone buffed me with their manastone earlier today, that was nice of them to share their manastone in that way.
Last edited by magnetaress; 03-09-2020 at 04:48 PM..
Old 03-10-2020, 11:44 AM
Large Rat

The problem is that guilds are offering DKP for their players to get mana stones for the guild. Which seems to me to be against the idea of the list - which was ultimately to prevent the high powered guilds from overcamping the legacy items.

If you already got your manastone and it wasn’t so bad, it’s because it was before this started happening. It is no longer humanly feasible to do by yourself without considering health risks.

“We hope this system will prevent the practice of passing camps and/or items to friends, corpsing additional items, and so on.”

Sharing guild accounts for an entire guild to camp manastone is a problem.
Old 03-10-2020, 11:51 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormsinger [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The problem is that guilds are offering DKP for their players to get mana stones for the guild. Which seems to me to be against the idea of the list - which was ultimately to prevent the high powered guilds from overcamping the legacy items.

If you already got your manastone and it wasn’t so bad, it’s because it was before this started happening. It is no longer humanly feasible to do by yourself without considering health risks.

“We hope this system will prevent the practice of passing camps and/or items to friends, corpsing additional items, and so on.”

Sharing guild accounts for an entire guild to camp manastone is a problem.
Are you suggesting a game patch, or a humanity patch, though?
Last edited by Cen; 03-10-2020 at 11:54 AM..
Old 03-10-2020, 12:06 PM
Large Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Are you suggesting a game patch, or a humanity patch, though?
Not suggesting anything. The end result is always the same, guilds take over servers by design. Nothing you can do about it but prevent the exploits as best you can but eventually they find a way to spoil it for everyone.

Even if guilds were removed from the game, eventually the same exploits would occur. If they wanted to really get technical they could remove people from list if they use /q or camp or enter world from a different IP.
Closed Thread