Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 07-30-2017, 12:27 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The challenge should just have two tiers:
  • with disposable items (ie. stuff with charges) used
  • without disposable items used
Quote:
Originally Posted by skarlorn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Pretty sure that was already implemented.
After re-reading the rules I realized they were slightly different: they didn't separate chaged clickies and not-charged clickies, they separated:
Quote:
Strong item clickies include Puppet Strings, Donal's Breastplate of Mourning, Manastone, Soulfire, Reaper of the Dead, Woolly Spider Silk Nets, etc, but not shaman potions or stuff like a Shrunken Goblin Skull Earring.
It seems to me that it might be simpler/less ambiguous to just draw the line at charges. That way using stuff like your click-able gear is always allowed, but all the power stuff (strings, soulfires, etc.) and the less powerful but still "more about farming than skill" stuff (like shaman potions) put you in a different tier.

Although perhaps there could be an exception for charged root items for non rooting classes (ie. let mages use nets), since such classes already seem to have a disadvantage?

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Last edited by loramin; 07-30-2017 at 12:31 PM..
Old 07-30-2017, 12:36 PM
Banned

is carsomyr allowed?
Old 07-30-2017, 12:45 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
After re-reading the rules I realized they were slightly different: they didn't separate chaged clickies and not-charged clickies, they separated:

It seems to me that it might be simpler/less ambiguous to just draw the line at charges. That way using stuff like your click-able gear is always allowed, but all the power stuff (strings, soulfires, etc.) and the less powerful but still "more about farming than skill" stuff (like shaman potions) put you in a different tier.

Although perhaps there could be an exception for charged root items for non rooting classes (ie. let mages use nets), since such classes already seem to have a disadvantage?
I would propose that in the top tier "powerful item" category you place puppet strings along with any type of item that allows an enchanter to heal themselves or their pet, ie. prenerf fungi staff, ring 10, zlandi heart, soulfire, reaper of the dead, stinging wort potion, etc. (I will generously allow them bandages)
On Discord: NextToTheGods#0088
<Riot>
[Enchanter] Falamin (Dark Elf)
[Bard] Telrin (Half Elf)
[Shaman] Warzog (Ogre)
[Druid] Vildar (Wood Elf)
[Necromancer] Szersis (Iksar)
[Monk] Raszis (Iksar)
[Cleric] Atrial (Human)
[Wizard] Atomize (Gnome)
[Mule] Plotlard (Human)
Old 07-30-2017, 12:56 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by NextToTheGods [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I would propose that in the top tier "powerful item" category you place puppet strings along with any type of item that allows an enchanter to heal themselves or their pet, ie. prenerf fungi staff, ring 10, zlandi heart, soulfire, reaper of the dead, stinging wort potion, etc. (I will generously allow them bandages)
Ehhh, I don't have a ring 10 or Z heart on my enchanter but this is what I mean by the gear can give someone a huge advantage just like clickies.

I would argue an Enchanter with an extra +1k HP from TOV gear but no Z Heart has a bigger advantage than an Enchanter without the extra 1k HP but a Z heart. 5/tick regen is just not going to make as big of a difference over a 5-10 minute fight as having the far bigger HP pool to start with.

I think adding more rules just discourages more people from participating.
Old 07-30-2017, 12:58 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by NextToTheGods [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
prenerf fungi staff, ring 10, zlandi heart, soulfire, reaper of the dead, stinging wort potion
I see where you're going with that, but half of the above (Soulfire, reaper, potions) would be covered if we separating on "charged items". As for the rest ... I don't think banning any of it makes sense for any other class (ie. you wouldn't count a Fungi tunic as "power equipment" for a Shaman), so they'd have to be banned for Enchanters only. And while Enchanters do tend to dominate the solo challenge, I'm not sure it really makes sense to separate a Shaman with a Fungi and an Enchanter with no regen from that exact same Enchanter with 5 hp/tick regen (but I do think it makes sense to separate the Enchanter with a Soulfire).

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Last edited by loramin; 07-30-2017 at 01:03 PM..
Old 07-30-2017, 01:00 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triiz [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think adding more rules just discourages more people from participating.
I think this should be a guiding principle: simplicity > getting every class perfectly equally balanced in the challenge ... which is part of why I think "used charged items"/"didn't use charged items" makes for a clean and simple, but also meaningful, place to draw a line. If certain non-charged items truly trivialize content and aren't available to most players (eg. mana orb?) then maybe they deserve special exceptions, but otherwise let's keep it simple.

Also, I think the "some classes (eg. Enchanter) are better at the challenge than others" thing is somewhat self-correcting. When there's already 20 enchanters who've killed mob X, there's far less incentive to become enchanter #21 whose done it. Instead, if you're the kind of person who is in to this challenge, you'd probably want to try a mob that 20 enchanters haven't beaten yet, or you'd want to log on to an alt with a different class and see if you can beat it as a non-Enchanter.

Last edited by loramin; 07-30-2017 at 01:04 PM..
Old 07-30-2017, 01:27 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
I think this should be a guiding principle: simplicity > getting every class perfectly equally balanced in the challenge ... which is part of why I think "used charged items"/"didn't use charged items" makes for a clean and simple, but also meaningful, place to draw a line
I can live with that.
<Riot>
[Bard] Telrin (Half Elf)
[Shaman] Warzog (Ogre)
[Monk] Raszis (Iksar)
[Cleric] Atrial (Human)
[Wizard] Atomize (Gnome)
[Mule] Plotlard (Human)
Old 07-30-2017, 02:17 PM
Planar Protector

Proposals:

Duo God Mode
Add Kelorek`Dar
Add Brother Zephyl/Qwinn

Solo God Mode/Duo Grandmaster
Move Ragefire
Add Lodizal
Add Keldor Dek`Torek
Add Lithiniath to Solo God Mode/Duo Grandmaster
Add Bristlebane Puppet to Solo God Mode/Duo Grandmaster
Add the chealing/silencing/gating +6 dragons (Karkona, Ionat, Draazak, Derasinal I think?)
Add a guardian wurm

Solo Grandmaster/Duo Master
Add Ayillish, Esorpa the Ring, Entariz
Add an icy servant
Add Gkrean Prophet of Tallon
Add A corrupted unicorn

Solo Master/Duo Disciple
Add Priest Bjek, Priest Grenk, Priest Delar
Move Phinigel Autropos
Add fearable lvl 52 WW dragons(Yeldema, Myga, Yal, Hovar, Gangel, Gafala, Atpaev?)

Would like to add Tserrina which is still one of the tougher solo kills I've done due to her procs but she's trivial as a duo
<Riot>
[Bard] Telrin (Half Elf)
[Shaman] Warzog (Ogre)
[Monk] Raszis (Iksar)
[Cleric] Atrial (Human)
[Wizard] Atomize (Gnome)
[Mule] Plotlard (Human)
Last edited by NextToTheGods; 07-30-2017 at 02:21 PM..
Old 07-30-2017, 02:32 PM
Sarnak

Where do you think the high level dogs in Velks like Khelkar, Jelek and Gregendek Icepaw fit in? I think Khelkar is just as difficult as Emp Chottal, if not harder. He was categorized as Solo God Mode in the original SAC.
Old 07-30-2017, 02:56 PM
Planar Protector

I've added all of the above (except Tserrina who needs a tier) to the wiki, with "(proposed)" at the end so they're easy to tell from the originals. Once it seems like there's a consensus that a mob belongs at a certain tier I (or anyone else, it's a wiki!) can remove the "(proposed)". Also anyone can/should feel free to add new entries (just copy/paste an existing one and replace the mob name/level/class/zone).

Also someone needs to add the class/level/zone for each proposed mob (which should be easy since all of that is in the link for each mob).

Last edited by loramin; 07-30-2017 at 03:04 PM..
Closed Thread