Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Bugs

Old 01-05-2015, 02:36 AM
Planar Protector

hmm cant believe i fucked up op but looks like tech found even more sources than i originally had. ill add what you put to it. ty.
Old 01-05-2015, 02:43 AM
Planar Protector

honestly a simple google search will net you the answer without even using way back machine. i look forward to the classic changes.
Old 01-05-2015, 04:42 AM
Sarnak

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamwiseRed [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
honestly a simple google search will net you the answer without even using way back machine. i look forward to the classic changes.
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 01-05-2015, 08:41 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technique [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You do know why OP wants this right ? to prevent corpsing of items and locking down camps for weeks.

and Dev do choose what to add to the classic feel of the server else we would have had alot more important classics fixes done a long time ago, bug reports that has been reported long before this one.

Classic server yes but with some changes to make it better for everyone.

No need to ruin Sky for everyone on the server.
-Taken-Taken II-

"I may not agree with what you say, but to your death I will defend your right to say it."
"If the freedom of speech is taken away then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter."
"To be able to think freely, a man must be certain that no consequence will follow whatever he writes."

CromCruach on Blue - Aurgelmirx on Green
Old 01-05-2015, 10:47 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crom [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You do know why OP wants this right ? to prevent corpsing of items and locking down camps for weeks.
Who wants it and why they want it is irrelevant.

The classic corpse timer rules are well-documented. The mission statement for this server is "to create the classic feeling that many had during the early days of Everquest". There's no reason not to emulate them, especially when posts like this one from the server chat thread on this issue are a testament to said rules evoking that classic feeling:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bardalicious [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It was very much the case. For example I was playing on rallos zek during classic, I had saved up enough plat to buy travelers boots off the merchant for my twink wizard. I ended up dying en route to Sol A and recall getting back to my corpse with mere seconds left before it rotted with all that platinum on it.

I'll never forget that moment for the rest of my life.
I don't see anyone claiming that the consequences of the current rules transport them back to that time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crom [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
No need to ruin Sky for everyone on the server.
If said rules had been implemented on p99 from the beginning, this thought would've never even crossed your mind, just as no one on Live considered Sky to be in a state of "ruination" due to the classic corpse timer.
Last edited by Technique; 01-05-2015 at 10:51 AM..
Old 01-05-2015, 12:24 PM
Banned

TRUE risk vs reward
Old 01-05-2015, 08:48 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nirgon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
TRUE risk vs reward
or alot of GM's summons of rotting corps.
-Taken-Taken II-

"I may not agree with what you say, but to your death I will defend your right to say it."
"If the freedom of speech is taken away then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter."
"To be able to think freely, a man must be certain that no consequence will follow whatever he writes."

CromCruach on Blue - Aurgelmirx on Green
Old 01-05-2015, 09:03 PM
Banned

also not classic
Old 01-05-2015, 09:14 PM
Orc

Default .

some classic things are stupid, this is one of them

we have work schedules now

cant schedule our life around an EQ corpse run

lol, fat nerds trying to make everyone elses life suck more

gotta love it
Old 01-06-2015, 01:52 AM
Sarnak

You'd still have 7 days to get your corpse before it decays if you're not online, otherwise it's 24 hours of in-game time.

Only a lazy fat nerd who plays for daylong stretches without doing CR would have cause to complain about this.