Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Important > News & Announcements

Closed Thread

Old 10-13-2014, 01:34 AM
Planar Protector

third place has the best title
Old 10-13-2014, 07:49 AM
Aviak

I want to see the mortal kombats as espectator, but i dont know where is the arena. All cities have an arena, right? where should I go? Can I go as evil race? (im troll sk)
Old 10-13-2014, 04:09 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by rotenvok [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I want to see the mortal kombats as espectator, but i dont know where is the arena. All cities have an arena, right? where should I go? Can I go as evil race? (im troll sk)
it's the zone called The Arena.

http://wiki.project1999.com/The_Arena
Old 10-13-2014, 04:20 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by rotenvok [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Sirken (and other GMs/Guides/approved camera persons) will probably be streaming it.

http://www.twitch.tv/sirkenp99
Old 10-15-2014, 12:36 PM
Fire Giant

Are these rules the guaranteed final format? No mobs will be spawned in the arena, and there will be no additional factors beyond straight enchanter versus enchanter PVP, correct?

Also, may we click our epics?
Last edited by Frieza_Prexus; 10-15-2014 at 02:12 PM..
Old 10-15-2014, 05:19 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frieza_Prexus [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Are these rules the guaranteed final format? No mobs will be spawned in the arena, and there will be no additional factors beyond straight enchanter versus enchanter PVP, correct?

Also, may we click our epics?
None of the BotB were allowed during live. All botb on p99 haven't also. Sirken did a mash up of a chopped up copy/paste so that "unless specifically stated otherwise in the class specific rules" is kinda redundant and misleading since it's already stated in the start of the post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirken [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Rules for the Enchanter Best of the Best:
------------------------------------------------------------------

No right click items.---------------------------------------------

General Combatant Rules

The use of "Right Click" items is not permitted, unless specifically stated otherwise in the Class Specific Rules.
Old 10-15-2014, 05:41 PM
Fire Giant

Right, I read them twice, but I've been hearing persistent rumors that an addendum was in the pipeline. So, I just wanted to get a complete understanding locked down while I practice.
Old 10-16-2014, 05:48 AM
Retired GM

Location: Cabilis East, in the northwest corner of the zone-in from Field of Bone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lead-CSR GM Sirken
Spectators will have to remain outside the arena door, and the staff reserves the right to remove all spectators from the zone at any time.
Large hint here as to the nature of this BoTB. Will not divulge anymore details - we are being intentionally vague so as to make the actual event more interesting. But this is entirely different from previous BoTB where spectators were allowed inside the arena walls. We may change this to in progress combatants only prior to the start of the event if we deem it necessary.

I also think that we don't plan to stream this (yet to be determined), but may work out a cameraman/woman if possible. If you are interested in this, PM me and Sirken so we can have you on the list if needed and be available on that day at least 1 hour prior to the event start. If you would like to film and stream this (and possibly be the only avenue for players to spectate properly) we need you to be punctual, professional, and experienced in order to give a proper viewing experience to the entire server. Please have your PM's sent in at least 24 hours prior to the event start.

Will add more pertinent information as necessary. This will be a very fun BoTB.
Old 10-16-2014, 04:03 PM
Fire Giant

Will the rule set be made public before the actual event starts the day of? It'd suck to have a full PVP spell/gear load out only to have to CC 500 mobs.
Old 10-16-2014, 04:53 PM
Retired GM

Location: Cabilis East, in the northwest corner of the zone-in from Field of Bone

Well. It is a best of the best. The idea will be to kill your opponent. You should move forward and prepare based on what is laid out in Sirken's post.
Closed Thread