Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Old 02-03-2022, 08:58 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by tadkins [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What does one do if they can't get groups? Like if they play a wizard, or just don't have much in the way of connections at all?
He's right. You gotta make friends. You have to make connections. Help others and they will help you.

One advantage wizards have is they can port around and collect themselves a group. Also, they solo faster than most groups exp.
Old 02-03-2022, 09:06 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Videri [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
He's right. You gotta make friends. You have to make connections. Help others and they will help you.

One advantage wizards have is they can port around and collect themselves a group. Also, they solo faster than most groups exp.
I've helped tons of people with CR ports throughout the months. One dude I helped with a CR port when he was next in line for the elder beads loot, and it was because of me that he got them in time.

Just yesterday on my lowbie ranger I was able to help someone with a tracking job.

Never once have I seen a return on investment for any of that though. Whenever it comes time for me to need assistance, my friends the crickets come out to sing. I'm just so tired of trying.
Old 02-08-2022, 12:57 AM
Planar Protector

I think when a new green adventure comes, I might try to just main Ogre Shadowknight. The kid in me has always wanted a great shadow knight, even if the class is considered terrible. Its such a great class.
Old 02-08-2022, 07:32 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd288 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeah I mean I’m not judging people for soloing. I’ve soloed some characters almost entirely. But then I ask myself why am I playing on P99 if that’s what I want to do? If I want to solo the whole way I could play way easier and honestly more “fun” MMOs on the solo side - although soloing Is still boring overall but at least it’s more engaging in other MMOs.

EQ is about that player to player interaction. Soloing everything defeats the point of playing the game.
While soloing I'm usually either half afk, or chatting with friends/guild chat. You don't need to be in a group to interact. Grouping is fine and fun but it's not always an option for real life
Old 02-08-2022, 11:50 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think when a new green adventure comes, I might try to just main Ogre Shadowknight. The kid in me has always wanted a great shadow knight, even if the class is considered terrible. Its such a great class.
nothing has the purpose built snap agro of an sk. pally close second but for real a warrior can taunt and proc all day, ench can stun and mez to their hearts content, and i can still peel agro in 2 spells. thats what sk is all about, snap agro and FD
Old 02-08-2022, 12:41 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trexller [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
nothing has the purpose built snap agro of an sk. pally close second but for real a warrior can taunt and proc all day, ench can stun and mez to their hearts content, and i can still peel agro in 2 spells. thats what sk is all about, snap agro and FD
Flame Lick is a little stronger aggro than DC and Snare is about as good as Shadow Vortex. But it's true SK does have a few more non-damage aggro options (including pbaoe) as well as FD as opposed to... well regular D.
Old 02-08-2022, 01:06 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayDee [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Rich lore, content for solo group and raid players, new playable race, more spells and abilities.

I personally think the game gets worse with every expansion. Especially velious that caters to raider and is perhaps too expansive for a server with 500 players - or imagine red with 50
I agree to a point. Kunark had very muddy graphics with a lot of shades of green, brown, and grey taking the majority of Kunark art. It's, by far, the ugliest expansion, even if functionality improved a but.

Velious definitely caters to the raid scene, though there is quite a bit of group content. Solo stuff is minimal, and you need to be 50+ to experience most of it. The color scheme is blinding at times, though sprites are a lot easier to see than Kunark. The expansion, overall, is still my favorite of any MMO I've played. The Giants vs Dwarves vs Dragons story dynamic is interesting, and really dictates which raid targets someone goes for.
Old 02-08-2022, 02:07 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keebz [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Flame Lick is a little stronger aggro than DC and Snare is about as good as Shadow Vortex. But it's true SK does have a few more non-damage aggro options (including pbaoe) as well as FD as opposed to... well regular D.
ah right ive been playing takp too long. after luclin SKs get a direct agro line of spells starting at like lvl 22 or so. no damage, no debuffs, just straight raw agro, and self buffs with hate multipliers.

while flame lick is great, on p99 it seems in my experience that DC is still the snappiest of snap agro, its pretty OP, if the first DC doesnt snap agro to you, the next cast of SV will, on p99. DC does like no agro at all on takp.

its been a looonng time since i played an SK on p99, these days i just periodically log on my ench and screw around with stuff or find random players to ninja buff.

Paladin is a strong agro machine for sure, i just gotta have that FD...
Old 02-08-2022, 02:34 PM
Kobold

I learned that it would be more fun if there was a Red pvp style server that could maintain green population. Competing for camps with players who are @holes and non-diplomatic could easily be resolved through combat. Maybe one day.
Old 02-08-2022, 03:33 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insaiyan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I learned that it would be more fun if there was a Red pvp style server that could maintain green population. Competing for camps with players who are @holes and non-diplomatic could easily be resolved through combat. Maybe one day.
I certainly hope not. EverQuest PvP is the bottom of the barrel when it comes to MMO PvP. Half the classes can't compete at all.