Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Old 12-13-2022, 03:14 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodark [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I was hoping to learn about low level camps that aren’t documented on the wiki. For example, one of my favorite camps at level 13 or so was the prisoners in Splitpaw. The loot sucks but never contested and good exp. I also vaguely remember a level 5 rogue or something hunting the little fishies in Kedge. I think that same level 5 rogue was kiting giants with a bow.

Were the Kelethin mail and Kaladim bones exp quests available at the very start of Green?
Mail is not. It gets added later in the timeline. Bone chips quest is I believe, although EXP is not what it used to be.

If you're looking for things that are just totally not documented on the Wiki at all there's not gonna be a ton (there are some here and there though, like Tolan Nurbyte in Felwithe). If you're looking for things that are just not usually camped, there's plenty of options like the camp you listed where if all you're after is EXP the camp is solid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDAm0nk [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
When Green was in Classic, at one point Permafrost had a 170 ZEM or something nutty like that. The highest of any zone. You could find groups around Flag Room and it was a lot of fun.

I never found healers to be an issue, moreso the pathing and that without FD pulling can be really difficult. There are also some serious undercons and it is out of the way.

I grouped with a twinked out Erudite SK (full Rubicite etc) who got melted 3x by 'A Goblin wizard.' Had to make the CR back from the NK gypsy camp... The third time I thought the poor guy was going to lose his mind [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ah damn wish I'd known that. I've never done a general EXP group in Perma. That would've been fun. Why didn't the SK bind in Qeynos by the QH ZL? lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skarne [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It’s great for a feign death class. I was there 20-38 on my monk. Really good plat from the ores, and excellent xp.

Once you find a few safe spots you can literally level all the way to 60 in perma through multiple camps. (It would take fucking forever and would make your eyes bleed and whatever semblance of a soul we may have would freeze and shatter into a million pieces down the asscrack of an ice goblin)

But everfrost and perma are doable 1-60.
Hmm I have a lowbie Necro that has just been sitting there for a long time. Maybe I'll level him up to the 20s and try Perma on him.
Old 12-13-2022, 04:44 PM
Fire Giant

Permafrost is great. It really gets tough post level 35 -- the mob choices are limited. But 15-30 is a breeze and very fun.

Sol A is the other gem. So many goblins to kill. Zone can support like 5 groups pulling nonstop
Old 12-14-2022, 04:28 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The devs really knew how to fuck up the game by adding things in, particularly kith and to a lesser extent Lesser Fay. Brownie scouts just trash like a quarter of openworld Faydwer.
In their defense no one was camping the two orc camps in Kith back then. They picked the deadest zone for it.
Old 12-14-2022, 04:39 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxigen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Eh, if you can no-life 24/7 at release then you're ahead...zero skill involved in low levels of eq.

For me, I'd go small static group. Preferably trio since its release and no twinks.

All iksar sham / necro / monk. Everyones together at char creation. Don't need shit for gear to be efficient. Got all the bases covered.

FoB --> Kurns --> Dalnir --> Kaesora --> CoM --> HS

kickin it straight kunark
I like your style.
Old 12-19-2022, 12:24 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustoo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It’s hard to go past level 7 in misty thicket
Don't slander the thicket like that! Can definitely get to the low teen's there.