Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 08-16-2012, 10:43 PM
Planar Protector

In related news Orruar took down the Skeleton Sepulcher in HS South, thus becoming the first to achieve both Solo and Duo master ranks!
Old 08-17-2012, 12:12 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triangle [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Roykyl is always solo bc there are no other mobs in his arena. I will do tranix again though.. The problem is people clear hi often and space him out from his adds... Last time he popped solo and his adds had not been up for the past hour. Had I not killed hi instantly someone else would have
Tranix is trivial to get solo, so I'm not sure we need any kind of restriction that you kill him with his guards up.
Old 08-17-2012, 12:17 AM
Fire Giant

oh I am duo master. for sure.
Old 08-17-2012, 01:46 AM
Banned

Dartain done solo.. Very hard to get down to. He is also not an easy mob, got the book.
Old 08-17-2012, 02:26 AM
Planar Protector

Grats Svenn, need some screenshots!

After some discussions I think I'm going to allow any Tranix/Rokyll kill since it seems possible to get them solo fairly easily anyway and the biggest problem is just finding them up.

I am also changing the requirements for GM level slightly. I wanted to require at least one mob that's hard for shamans and one mob that's hard for enchanters. Originally the 'hard-for-enchanters' mobs were the fire giants but I think its not as hard to get them solo as I thought it was, so I'm changing the requirements to 6 mobs including 1 HS east named (not Drusella who is easy to get solo) which is the hard part for the shamans and 1 one mob over L55 (Undertaker Lord or Cliff Golem) which is the hard part for the enchanters.

PS Gotta post your sheet Senim [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Last edited by Splorf22; 08-17-2012 at 03:22 AM..
Old 08-17-2012, 09:59 AM
Fire Giant

wonder how people can even attempt to duo draco/maestro
Old 08-17-2012, 12:40 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by tekniq [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
wonder how people can even attempt to duo draco/maestro
maestro i can see happening. if he can be slowed, then any enc/dru/necro combo can probably do it. otherwise you'd need an enc/dru/necro/puppetstrings + cleric. there is a really small agro range in hate, and you get a nice long view of his area, so its easy to harmo/lull/etc the mobs around him to get him single. the hardest part is just getting the opportunity to attempt to duo him since he is a war epic mob.

obviously the wizard porting you wouldn't count, in my opinion.
Old 08-17-2012, 12:44 PM
Fire Giant

Maestro would pose more of a problem then Draco, I'm sure. Both can't be slowed.
Old 08-17-2012, 12:59 PM
Planar Protector

Faz what's your thought on whether a duo of ENC could get from ZL -> Maestro, loot and scoot without dying?
Old 08-17-2012, 01:06 PM
Planar Protector

Loraen's Fire Giant Adventure!

This thread is woefully lacking in screenshots, so I decided to take out some fire giants. Half of them were down when I got there, including (of course) Tranix, so I had to settle for Skarlon.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Yes, I single pulled him. It's not that hard with a bit of thought. After I got Skarlon, I went to go kill Rokyll. I was just about to tackle the obnoxious room of four, when I was suddenly attacked from behind. It turns out that the three giants behind had respawned, as well as the two in front of Tranix's room. I thought this was the cue for the King himself to make an appearance, so I went back and killed the two in front of the room. But the King did not appear, so I camped, cleaned out the other three, and began to med up a bit.

At this point Heallun showed up to check Ragefire and walked right into my ex pet. Unfortunately he lived . . .

So I went back to cleaning out nasty room of four. Heallun came by to check Ragefire and buffed me up, but sadly his peridot was wasted as I was forced to click off those buffs per the strict rules of engagement. He gated out for some silly thing he called a "raid", and I got down to business. I had to use the strings once, since it got kind of ugly:

I was pleased to note that Rokyll was still up, so I prepared to charm his guard . . . . hmm, two guards? And what's up with the floating rapier?

Which left only one obstreperous giant, and he wasn't that hard:

Was answering spell price questions too. Came back a few hours later and the big tuna himself was up . . . but not for long.

I actually did all three of them without using the strings, although I burned about 4-5 charges on their guards. Also, the fire giants are a lot easier now because you can root them - it totally changes the encounter, and I'm not even sure they deserve to be GM rank any more. I remember ~6 months ago root would never stick on any giants for any reason really.

And I pity the poor FG group at 8 PM, their monk is going to have to deal with 3-4 pets armed with dual whips.
Last edited by Splorf22; 12-26-2012 at 12:19 PM..
Closed Thread