Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Old 09-30-2022, 02:47 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by unsunghero [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Their device detection protocols are not perfect. I imagine something similar to, but more sophisticated than this, but then how to update the program about the board state
Not sure if this scene shows it but he had a device tapping on his ankle

Edit: supposedly they don’t check people’s shoes, I heard Hikaru GM say. Of course now they probably will
Old 09-30-2022, 02:52 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaveh [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
How do you know rain dances don’t work? What was the Druid spell in EQ? Getting old sucks I can’t remember shit
Call of Karana or something, I don’t have it yet on mine but I do hoard opals for the day I need to cast it. I wish fire resists should go up in the rain.

I was implying that they do work, over a long enough period of time. I don’t mock Native Americans, I consumed too much Shadowrun in my youth to get on the bad side of Native Americans.
Old 09-30-2022, 02:57 PM
Planar Protector

The coolest natruralist theory heard lately is that in the old days after it would rain, mushrooms would sprout, and the cavemen ate them and tripped and thought they saw god, who they assumed was showing that he provided the rain from the heavens.

thanks joe rogean
Old 09-30-2022, 02:59 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Basanos [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Call of Karana or something, I don’t have it yet on mine but I do hoard opals for the day I need to cast it. I wish fire resists should go up in the rain.

I was implying that they do work, over a long enough period of time. I don’t mock Native Americans, I consumed too much Shadowrun in my youth to get on the bad side of Native Americans.
Wake of Karana and it's not a toggle. You can only make it stop.
Old 09-30-2022, 03:02 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The coolest natruralist theory heard lately is that in the old days after it would rain, mushrooms would sprout, and the cavemen ate them and tripped and thought they saw god, who they assumed was showing that he provided the rain from the heavens.

thanks joe rogean
the stoned ape theory
Old 09-30-2022, 03:33 PM
Planar Protector

that stoned apes discover
Old 10-01-2022, 08:43 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
heres the most modern athiest one

Quite possibly the best "rofl get fucked, Leftists" scene in movie history.

"You knew I was a snake when you let me in..."
Old 10-01-2022, 12:23 PM
Banned

when you see your enemies everywhere, even in people on rooftops in movies from 1996, it usually means that's what scares you
Old 10-01-2022, 12:48 PM
Banned

Gotta be Jib to turn a topic from chess to aliens

As a rational person, I’d sure love to play with the aliens and have them let me fire their lazer guns too but the real problem I would worry about other than aggression would be disease/virus

Sort of like the ending to the newest version of war of the worlds but in reverse. Aliens accidentally bring a disease or virus that wipes us out
Old 10-01-2022, 12:56 PM
Banned

This is the most memorable line for the movie for me because the movie was so popular my parents used to use it whenever it applied to anything

Nowadays I still end up hearing it in my head when gunning it running

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]