Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 03-26-2014, 04:45 PM
Planar Protector

no douchebags
Old 03-26-2014, 04:47 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lune [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Custom content, like guild-controllable objectives out in the world. Like that tower on the zoneline from NK to SK, Highkeep, or the docks in Oasis. Maybe controlling them would periodically grant the guild gems or xp bonus or something, I dunno. Basic vanilla EQ pvp isn't very compelling to me.

Oh and the vast majority of the current red community would need to be gone

yea I know, custom content is a dirty phrase here
could have dropped that paragraph and just said "bring back guildwars server"
Old 03-26-2014, 04:50 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fame [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Truth is, most of you people could not handle the pvp aspect of this game.
Yes because pvp in EQ1 is srs business
Even PvP in EQ1 is more about grinding xp/loot in PvE than it is about actually PvPing
Old 03-26-2014, 05:00 PM
Planar Protector

I like seeing Azrael get bosses. Pretty much sickened at Red Dawn from everything I've gathered on the forums they hand hold with Nihilum. Glad to see Nihilum not hording everything like the unloyal scum they are.
Old 03-26-2014, 05:01 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leeyuuduu [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yes because pvp in EQ1 is srs business
Even PvP in EQ1 is more about grinding xp/loot in PvE than it is about actually PvPing
He didn't mean that PVP in EQ is ridiculously difficult so much as that blue players are generally wimps. Like those FE guys who started on red and then ragequit and started a huge QQ thread on the forums about how they got griefed off the server... all because of 5 PVP deaths between the 3 of them.
Old 03-26-2014, 05:06 PM
Kobold

Oh, well, my misunderstanding then.
Old 03-26-2014, 05:14 PM
Planar Protector

Small pixel package to get my level 22 enchanter off the ground.

I let his corpse rot.

His corpse had 11p on it

No money, no hoes

Yumyums Inmahtumtums - 59 Shaman
Lemonspoon Icebeaner - 52 Enchanter
Yumyums Inmahtumtums - 60 Enchanter
Old 03-26-2014, 06:57 PM
Large Bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tecmos Deception [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The majority of players on red are pretty normal people. Unfortunately the vocal minority of retards on the forums and griefers in the game chase off a lot of new players before they can realize this and get hooked on the server.
Ironicly that is the same on any game. Even the all mighty p99 Blue does this indirectly with antisocial powerlevelers. You can pick any online game and find their forums full of whining kids complaining about stuff that is not broken or that is working as intended. I pvped on Vallon Zek and found it to be fun but with how horrible class balance is in EQ. I would never want to relive it. When I was younger and did not know better it was fun and exciting. Then when you get experience and quickly learn that some classes will never die in a 1v1 situation. Which was only made insanely worse with raid gear. But to people that like that kind of thing have a place where they can go to everyone else they have blue. Now if you reds want a game that will really beat your ass, play a real pvp game like EVE or one of the perma death korean mmo's.
Old 03-27-2014, 02:19 PM
Sarnak

Got a char on red I created recently when I can't get a group on blue or can't find anything else to do. So far so good with the extra challenge of levelling up without getting killed [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 03-27-2014, 03:08 PM
Kobold

Higher population on the server wouldn't hurt. I'd like to be able to group up with folks if possible. I'm sure. pvp balance in EQ was about as terrible as I've ever seen (Looking at you, bards!), so that's not exactly making me feel fuzzy about it either.

If someone could PM me with some info about what they've experienced about the server, I can be persuaded. As it stands I'm pretty confident there's a lot of ubertwinks camping the noob zones and stroking their e-peen at the corpses they leave in their wake.
Closed Thread