Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 01-20-2015, 01:52 PM
Sarnak

I actually enjoyed WoW at first. Even BC didn't kill it for me, since I enjoyed playing a blood elf paladin. It was all fine until I came back to try Cataclysm and noticed that my hunter no longer had any use for her melee weapons and my rogue could no longer apply her poisons.

Maybe they were good changes, but coming back from time away to find that I couldn't play the character the same way...
Old 01-21-2015, 01:49 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregor [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Your system is not EQ2 it's an expansion.

Luclin and PoP were easily fixable expansions. Without the Bazaar, space cats and overly generous exp zones(Paludal Caverns lol) Luclin would have been just fine.

All they needed to do with PoP was delete all the PoK teleportation stones and reduce the jump in gear and it would have been amazing.

EQ2 needed to be a highly advanced version of the classic days with less boring melee classes, not the button spamming nightmare and instant teleports everywhere with zero immersion like it is today.
No offense dude, but there was NOTHING wrong with Luclin. It was legitimately the second best expansion ever created.
Old 01-21-2015, 11:03 AM
Sarnak

I had no problem with Luclin. The group and raid content in SSRA was a lot of fun. Plus, the hardcore raiders stayed busy with Vex Thall so lots of older content became more available to the casual raid guild.

If PoP existed without PoK, I'd consider it to have the same effect that Luclin had.
60 Iksar Monk
20 Halfling Druid

=== OMNI ===
Old 01-21-2015, 11:06 AM
Banned

The only thing that could have made it any better was increasing the difficulty. For example, less xp for killing critters.
Old 01-21-2015, 11:51 AM
Planar Protector

Yeah, I'm good with everything through PoP. The worst thing about luclin imo was the stupid exp available in that lowbie zone off of Shadowhaven, Paludal.

After PoP, not so much.