Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Old 06-08-2022, 01:03 PM
Planar Protector

Humans are predictable. We have a science called Game Theory about it. (its not video game related its math)

and I think that artists access parts of their brain that is similar to mathematical brain types.

Mathematical brain types, use their brains, to notice patters on a level that they can easily decode into basically data that they can use to make predictions about outcomes.

While artists make those same observations and sort of 'creativly' store the data in their brains in a different way, then they access that data and make predictions about outcomes.

It's why comedians notice the things we all notice but dont notice. But those are the same things that game theorists that are trying to make vast predictions about human behavior also notice, through their data.

So basically, you have all these data scientists (artists) making poems about our future (game theory) based off the observation they encounter day to day (data analysis).

It makes absolute sense that either large portions of these predictions would become reality, because these "artscientistsbraintypes" are trying VERY HARD to make accurate predictions about our future the same way mathmaticians do.

This is why I think predictive programming is both a real science, but misunderstood as organized by a singular entity.

I also think that john, the author of the book of revelations, may have been one of these brain types, on an einstein level.

He observed the collapse of rome, babalyon and other empires we have long forgotten about, made the connections that they all shared using his own personal game theory brain.

Then wrote a step by step: "If A B and C happens, and then D E and F happens, then: G H and I will happen next.

So there could be very literal validity in the fact that, because things in the real life now are mirroring the book of revelations, if we dont heed the warnings and events "accidentally, or self determinedly lead us there" then we may have the same final ending... a war to end all life on earth, then 1000 years of peace and prosperity for those that survived as they live in an ample world with many treasures to rebuild their empire with.

The great barrier could be that john didnt know about radiation back then. And without radiation, you get peace after the fall of an empire, but with it after OUR fall, we wont get shit.
Last edited by Jibartik; 06-08-2022 at 01:08 PM..
Old 06-08-2022, 01:05 PM
Planar Protector

There are jingoistic / right wing films for sure. Everything Mel Gibson ever made, for instance. The patriot???
Old 06-08-2022, 01:10 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaveh [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There are jingoistic / right wing films for sure. Everything Mel Gibson ever made, for instance. The patriot???
I liked that stupid movie. Heath Ledger was dreamy, Mel Gibson may be an asshole but he's good at movies, and Jason Isaacs was a great villain.

Ever watch that show Turn: Washington's Spies?

Both of these contain multiple Star Trek people
Old 06-08-2022, 01:11 PM
Planar Protector

Heath ledger was the shit! Tragic loss for movie fans.
Old 06-08-2022, 01:12 PM
Banned

*strokes large very smooth brain*
Old 06-08-2022, 01:14 PM
Planar Protector

Interesting premise. So it takes place in the 1700s or something like that?

Predator 1 and 2 are still the only ones worth watching though. I just can't believe a primitive young woman withtomahawks and bows is capable of defeating a spaceship-piloting alien with lasers and cloaking. Sorry I'm just not progressive enough for that nonsense.
Old 06-08-2022, 01:17 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by robayon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I don't think it's a stretch to say the ideological content of a movie or tv show depends heavily on the script and the director

So it depends on the movie or tv show. Right wing tropes not being as welcome in Hollywood now as they were fifty years ago is good for the bottom line because culture at large in America is liberal. Even the right wing dudes recognize this, otherwise they wouldn't be whining about how they can't express their white pride without consequences. They have to bake it into the crust of the film, they can't just openly say it like John Wayne used to

So, yeah, now movies still have shitloads of pro-police and pro-military arguments

You're probably mistaking neoliberalism for leftism. A common mistake (deliberate psyop) by conservatives online
Imagine being out in the middle of a forest and you see a man with a hard-hat and chainsaw, he is busy cutting down a tree. You stop him and share this argument with him, what do you think he would say?
Old 06-08-2022, 01:21 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSparkle001 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Interesting premise. So it takes place in the 1700s or something like that?

Predator 1 and 2 are still the only ones worth watching though. I just can't believe a primitive young woman withtomahawks and bows is capable of defeating a spaceship-piloting alien with lasers and cloaking. Sorry I'm just not progressive enough for that nonsense.
It's an allegory, just like the old Aliens movies were for males about pregnancy and corporate indifference.

Predator has always had an anti-imperialism thread throughout it as a franchise. A foe with more advanced technology takes on a primitive, comparatively underpowered human, whether it's 1984 in the jungle or 1650 in the plains.

Ahnold used a tree and some physical power, good writing can come up with a way for a small woman to defeat a critter

Not that I'm expecting good writing from modern movies, but sometimes they still crank em out
Old 06-08-2022, 01:22 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mblake1981 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Imagine being out in the middle of a forest and you see a man with a hard-hat and chainsaw, he is busy cutting down a tree. You stop him and share this argument with him, what do you think he would say?
"SORRY COULDN'T HEAR YA OVER THE CHAINSAW... WHAT THE HELL YOU DOING OUT HERE?"
Old 06-08-2022, 01:24 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by robayon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
"SORRY COULDN'T HEAR YA OVER THE CHAINSAW... WHAT THE HELL YOU DOING OUT HERE?"
Pretty much what I was thinking.