Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Old 03-25-2022, 04:45 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustoo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Jim jam what’s so bad about people bagging?
No one ever loots a fungi from a slain active pvper

Gorgen (Blue) - Agnostic Troll Warrior of the XXXI Dung

Old 03-25-2022, 05:44 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Imo you need to let people bag, theres a fine line between forcing people to put their gear on the line and making them lose a fungi/other tough gear to get, so easily.

Nobody will want to farm them, it will be demoralizing to get stung that bad with item loot and then you get a low pop and back to red dead 1.0.

Having to bag items makes it so you can save some items but its very risky to have to bag 8 slots+ if you get ambushed.
Old 03-25-2022, 10:13 AM
Planar Protector

Plus everyone gets to make fun of your cowardice. If you spend any time bagging at all you look like a total chump.

They’ll have to fight scripting if guys get naked too fast tho
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 03-25-2022, 10:51 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's happened. Very rare I would imagine.

I remember in the early days of Velious on RZ, my guildies and I were chasing down an enemy monk outside Kael. Monk was racing for the zoneline. BOOM, someone got the killshot and lo & behold a fungi tunic. We nearly shit. I don't even think we rolled on it! The lucky killshot owner kept it.

Elendil's Giveaway
Old 03-25-2022, 11:07 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tradesonred [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Imo you need to let people bag, theres a fine line between forcing people to put their gear on the line and making them lose a fungi/other tough gear to get, so easily.

Nobody will want to farm them, it will be demoralizing to get stung that bad with item loot and then you get a low pop and back to red dead 1.0.

Having to bag items makes it so you can save some items but its very risky to have to bag 8 slots+ if you get ambushed.
You only really have to bag your regen, your haste, your best clicky (e.g. CoS).

It completely neuters the argument of 'a newb army could win a nice item defeating a twink!'

Gorgen (Blue) - Agnostic Troll Warrior of the XXXI Dung

Old 03-25-2022, 11:14 AM
Planar Protector

Actually best ecoli post ever. Golf clap sir!
Old 03-25-2022, 12:14 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
You only really have to bag your regen, your haste, your best clicky (e.g. CoS).

It completely neuters the argument of 'a newb army could win a nice item defeating a twink!'
A bunch of first timers aren't going to rush to a server because they expect to be ganging up on lone PK's wearing fungis and defeating them. No one is suggesting that is the case.

What does happen is that twink PK's have to be careful, and they do lose items eventually. If you spend all your time bagging stuff you are going to die fast. If you don't bag everything, and you do go down, you willl lose something.

Here is a list of items a twink melee PK (the hardest to kill PKs) will almost certainly have. This is assuming level requirements are in place for Velious quest armor, and other non droppable high level gear which would be guaranteed in this arrangement.

1. Earing of essence
2. 6/65 ring
3. Djarns ring
4. Tranix Crown, Frog Crown, skull shaped barbute
5. Blue diamond bracers or others
6. Ikky Regen, rubi bp, fungi
7. FBSS, sash of dragonborn or silver chitin wraps
8. Mithril arms
9. Mithril legs
10. Imbued granite spoulders, or bloodstained mantle

Any of that stuff is worth looting. If a twink is bagging 10+ items he is dying all the time like a loser and not a threat. Mission accomplished.

Most of the time he will do his usual stuff killing low level players with impertinence. However, they now have a reason to try to kill him, and anyone who has been through level 1-59 before may be interested in making an "anti PK" twink themselves.

And some twinks will use full sets of no drop armor like from Thurg which will make them the same level of nuisance as todays twinks. Strong (mostly because they come in ready for PVP vs an EXP grind) and with nothing to lose.

Yes. When you are grinding you don't use armor you are willing to lose. Melee's that aren't game rich spend their plat on weapons and use banded armor and cheap MR gear to grind through the game.

Casters use cheap MR gear and cheap intelligence gear.

Everyone uses HP rings and hopes to suicide via HP ring pull before they die. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.

It's not like everyone just starts looting fungi's it just makes low level PVP worth doing. And you could make the thurg armor have a level req if its an OP no drop set (it sort of is)

And I remember fondly seeing people with shin greaves thinking "OMG where did you get that uber piece of NO DROP plate armor?!?!?!

The other argument is the 1 shot wizard PK who lurks around and tries to assassinate people low HP killing mobs. They exist with or without item loot, and are a permanent problem in a PVP server. It used to be even more trouble, when they would respawn with full mana after death. Again, you just don't EXP grind with good armor on unless you can afford to lose it. Some people will make super good twinks and grind with them so you can be in a group with 1 super fighter and you can all jump on the local unrest bully while that guy is around. Usually that twink still sucks compared to the professional murderer but its still fun.
Lost but not forgotten.
Last edited by Gustoo; 03-25-2022 at 12:18 PM..
Old 03-25-2022, 01:44 PM
Banned

rent free + mad

sorry you spent time making that instead of playing on red
Old 03-25-2022, 01:52 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustoo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
A bunch of first timers aren't going to rush to a server because they expect to be ganging up on lone PK's wearing fungis and defeating them. No one is suggesting that is the case.
The point of that JimJam is its fun to try. One chase that sticks in my mind is one guy that kept resisting my nukes in EC when 5 of us were after him, thats when i realised what twinks were. But he had to run.

By adding newb no drop sets you make that even more fun. The twink gets to try to get his ganks and his grief-lite stealing your piece of cloth and you get to try to get an item off a twink.

Thats what flabbergasted me from the red launch. They took out what was fun about Rallos, the constant low level rumbles and replaced it with a zerg stomp grief-o-rama where everyone was hiding from pvp because they didnt want to eat that big xp death. Completely different experience.
Old 03-25-2022, 02:20 PM
Banned

Another tweak to add to an item loot server would be to lower the prices on the melee armor quite a bit on NPC vendors. I never played melee really so i dont know the stats difference between banded and vendor crap but some way for melees to stay geared until they get the no drop, or if no drops are never added well, to stay geared. Someone who knows melees more could work that out.

I know were drifting away a bit here from classic, that this is added workload for devs, unlikely to happen but its more fun to theorycraft what a working, fun red server would look like than playing on red right now so what can you do.