Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

View Poll Results: Hardest Race/Class combo on R99?
Anything Rogue 27 26.21%
Darkelf Warrior 51 49.51%
Erudite Paladin 25 24.27%
Voters: 103. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 03-27-2013, 03:30 PM
Banned

Grimtoad and Tippett have <10 days played at lvl 50 ranger.

Ranger can snare bow harmony single pull and shitty heal and sow/invis.

Warrior can't single, can't solo as much cus risk of fleeing mobs and can only bind to 50% w no run speed. Plus evil faction means Faydwer less forgiving.

Elderan trolling or..?
Old 03-27-2013, 03:34 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elderan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Jesus man,

You keep thinking SOLO. This is a group game. If you are melee and don't plan to group might as well quit now.

I KNOW groups are hard to find here. But they CAN be found.
yea if you are willing to wait for hours and i dont mean a couple. i ended up leveling my naked cleric past my warrior because there were never any healers on. every once in a blue moon a dedicated cleric will level on the server. the last one i recall was Eerb. him and balbanes have constant groupage for a week or so until they hit 51+. pretty much if you see a cleric LFG, you better suck is wiener and make a plan to log on the same time as him.

it doesnt help that most clerics solo to 50 because its faster xp :/

also you need to take hybrids out of the discussion. i remember bob and soril leveled their rangers to 50 before the xp bonus solo. they did it in decent time as well. oh this was in classic too (a lot less soloing options)
Old 03-27-2013, 03:40 PM
Sarnak

Rogue easier to level solo then a warrior for sure. INtimidate just helps so much through the 20's-40's, and if you are fighting giants why bother snaring them? They are incredibly easy to hit unsnared due to the giant hit box's.
Old 03-27-2013, 03:44 PM
Planar Protector

if rogues didnt have intim, i would have definitely said them over warriors.
Old 03-27-2013, 03:51 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elderan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Jesus man,

You keep thinking SOLO. This is a group game. If you are melee and don't plan to group might as well quit now.

I KNOW groups are hard to find here. But they CAN be found.
When I was leveling up there were not any groups readily available under level 40 besides unrest. I'm not sure where all these groups are hanging out but they weren't advertising in my day...and if you're starting a server by yourself you're going to be less likely to find these groups just like I was when i started.
Old 03-27-2013, 03:52 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salem Orchid [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Rogue easier to level solo then a warrior for sure. INtimidate just helps so much through the 20's-40's, and if you are fighting giants why bother snaring them? They are incredibly easy to hit unsnared due to the giant hit box's.
I was using giants as an example of how little the snare dagger procs, people are trying to justify rogue soloing because of it.
Old 03-27-2013, 04:10 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by seaweedpimpz [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
intimidate first hope for proc later obvi
I don't know how it is in the mid levlels on this box...but on light blue mobs at 59 with max intimidate I get a fear proc maybe once every 10 tries.
Old 03-27-2013, 05:39 PM
Banned

I gotta go with DE warrior, atleast a rogue anything could buy a serrated bone dirk and use intimidate to fear kite/backstab. A warrior is just screwed.

Yea I know it's a very crappy way to lvl a rogue but it's better than trying to tank and spank with a no gear warrior.
Old 03-27-2013, 05:52 PM
Fire Giant

I still think iksar war will be harder then a dark elf warrior.

Cant leave kunark with no invis or ports.
Cant train anywhere but kunark.
Only can group with other iksars who also have penalty to add to yours.
Lack of plate means shit tanking and gear options.
Kos outside of kunark areas.
Barely anyone levels a iksar unless its twinked and in that case dont want you leeching their xp.
Only healing class to group with is a shaman.
No one rolls iksar anything but monk who is as fucked as you , sk which will further add xp penalty or necro which they solo without you.
Only other iksars ever come to cabilis usually so very few help or hand outs or buffs.

Dark elf is in a good spot, can train easily, lots of leveling spots all over, more people in that old world area. Dark elf has hide which is essential for evil races and can wear not only medium but also small bronze armor.

Dark elf is also closer to all the high end ZEM zones which there are very few in kunark.
Dark elf is close to guk and befallen and highpass, all great leveling areas.
Old 03-27-2013, 06:13 PM
Banned

Rogue hardest class to lvl. Please make exp bonus for all rogues 200% bigger. Thanks Sirkdog.
Closed Thread