Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 08-17-2023, 05:59 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussenseiter [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Somehow the state with the most people was 9th in per capita taxes paid

Are you being serious right now?

If you read the actual page you are linking the data and conclusions are the same as mine lol, you're just drawing the complete opposite (and erroneous) conclusion from it. California has a lower per capita tax expenditure relative to other states, while still paying more in taxes, because lots of rich people (and even more poor people)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Landroval [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Isn't it the California liberals that coined the phrase, "I don't mind paying a little more in taxes, if it means blahblahblah. Now we(libs) crying about it?
The origin of this discussion wasn't me crying about taxes, but people claiming everyone else was footing the bill for California. My only grievance is the Trump era tax reform specifically targeting high CoL states (and the middle class as a whole) through mortgage interest deduction elimination
Last edited by Lune; 08-17-2023 at 06:06 PM..
Old 08-17-2023, 06:03 PM
Banned

San Diego is still nice, and conservative majority, I believe
Old 08-17-2023, 06:04 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Landroval [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Isn't it the California liberals that coined the phrase, "I don't mind paying a little more in taxes, if it means blahblahblah. Now we(libs) crying about it?
A progressive tax system where the richest state doesn't pay the most taxes isn't progressive.
Old 08-17-2023, 06:05 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussenseiter [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
A progressive tax system where the richest state doesn't pay the most taxes isn't progressive.
Your site also mentioned:

“It is hypocritical to decry the tax code for taxing high-income states more than low income states while intentionally designing tax policies with that effect”
Old 08-17-2023, 06:09 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
You'd be right about that. Except California does pay the most taxes, just not per capita. California is not the richest state per capita, so it shouldn't pay the most per capita.
Last edited by Lune; 08-17-2023 at 06:11 PM..
Old 08-17-2023, 06:10 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lune [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Somehow the state with the most people was 9th in per capita taxes paid

Are you being serious right now?

If you read the actual page you are linking the data and conclusions are the same as mine lol, you're just drawing the complete opposite (and erroneous) conclusion from it. California has a lower per capita tax expenditure relative to other states, while still paying more in taxes, because lots of rich people (and even more poor people)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lune [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
California already paid disproportionately into the federal government before this bullshit.
Old 08-17-2023, 06:14 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by unsunghero [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
San Diego is still nice, and conservative majority, I believe
I interpret a lot of the "parachute journalism" kind of stuff the chuds do regarding California as envy.

It's like the polar opposite of how liberal media treats southern red states. Or "flyover" states.

No war but the class war, baby.
Old 08-17-2023, 06:19 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
non-sequitur quoting
^ You're trying to make two contradictory points at once and are confused.

California pays the most gross federal taxes. It was 9th in per capita taxes. It receives far, far less compared to what it pays than any of the other major states you're talking about, such as Texas and Florida, not to mention the stroke belt. That's what disproportionately means.

California pays far more than it receives, and this gap is wider than other states
Old 08-17-2023, 06:23 PM
Banned

Quote:
^ You're trying to make two contradictory points at once and are confused.

California pays the most gross federal taxes. It was 9th in per capita taxes. It receives far, far less compared to what it pays than any of the other major states you're talking about, such as Texas and Florida, not to mention the stroke belt. That's what disproportionately means.

California pays far more than it receives, and this gap is wider than other states
Non sequitur quoting is where Lune says one thing and goes on to prove himself wrong.
Old 08-17-2023, 06:33 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Origen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I interpret a lot of the "parachute journalism" kind of stuff the chuds do regarding California as envy.

It's like the polar opposite of how liberal media treats southern red states. Or "flyover" states.

No war but the class war, baby.
Hmmm yea I guess I would rather live in SD than here if I could afford it. But that’s partly because my only experience in San Diego has been 12 yearly-consecutive trips to a multi-million dollar beach house right on the boardwalk facing the ocean in Mission Beach. Which is just about the best possible setup you could have (although there are beaches considered “nicer”, I just meant a beach house right on the boardwalk)

Traffic is nuts, cost of living is nuts, but I guess if we are assuming infinite money then that wouldn’t be a problem. They don’t have lots of homeless that I see anymore

So, ultimately, my perception is skewed
Closed Thread