Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Old 12-30-2023, 07:24 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7thGate [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm kind of curious if there's any group situation where a 60 shaman adds more DPS to a ench-ench-cleric trio than a mage. I think maybe, but am highly skeptical of it being generally true.
There really isn’t one. The whole point of the early pages was that 2x ench charm pets bring such insane dmg that mobs are gonna die fast. The rest was what else does each respective class bring. Even if you were fighting mobs with sufficient health to allow the shaman to capitalize on dots (rare occasion with 2 hasted quadding charm pets), the shaman will be left in the dust with respect to dps.

-Both have malo, which is probably THE BEST extra a 4th person could bring.
-The shaman brings heals, but you won’t need them.
-The shaman can slow, but both enchanters can do that too
-The shaman has a weak pet that can theoretically tank in an emergency, but the mage pet is better.
-the shaman can buff the pets, but mages have summon haste mask
-mages can CoTH and dispense mod rod’s for emergencies… but you probably don’t need them

Between shaman and mage, mage wins handily. At steady state you bring a stout backup tank for emergencies, malo, burn potential for emergencies, and a few other minor perks.

The real answer here is a 3rd ench to fill out the 4th spot.

A strong case could be made for mage or necro as was discussed on the first few pages
A case could be made for druid (ports/snares/PotG other utility)
A case could be made for wizards (planar ports, mobility, evac, or emergency dps burn)

Shaman? Not really. What they do bring to the table is redundant to what the group already has.

Mostly this thread was DSM trying to make a case that shamans can dps like mages.

They can’t.
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...43&postcount=2

Old 12-30-2023, 08:21 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troxx [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Mostly this thread was DSM trying to make a case that shamans can dps like mages.
Completely untrue. You can go back and read the thread. I really don't know why you think lying will change the post history.

At one point I mentioned Shaman DPS because if the group really wants the Shaman to DPS they can. Based on the DPS numbers I've given vs. what other people have given, a Shaman can produce DPS close to a non-Epic Mage.

You simply twisted my words and blew it out of proportion because you weren't winning the argument via logic and facts. This is a common tactic of yours, you troll people who disagree with you.

Groups generally don't have the Shaman DPS because:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troxx [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The whole point of the early pages was that 2x ench charm pets bring such insane dmg that mobs are gonna die fast.
Usually groups want the Shaman's utility, and they have enough DPS already.

A Shaman can open up more camps that level 60's would want to do. That is why I would take a Shaman over a Mage any day. There are some camps Enchanters cannot do, or the camp is made much easier by having a Shaman. DPS has diminishing returns, and level 60's aren't going to be doing as much mass killing of mobs. They will be targeting named mobs to kill. With 350 DPS you'll kill Fungi King in 50 seconds. With 270 DPS you'll be killing Fungi King in 65 seconds. That 15 second faster kill isn't going to get you any more Fungi King kills in a single session. You would need to kill Fungi King for 120 hours straight to get an extra spawn from that.
Last edited by DeathsSilkyMist; 12-30-2023 at 08:35 PM..
Old 12-30-2023, 08:54 PM
Planar Protector

Just let the Wookie win.
Also, if ya not killing FungiKing for 120hrs straight ya just aint socking.
Old 12-30-2023, 10:35 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
stuff
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Old 12-31-2023, 12:16 AM
Planar Protector

Thread summary:

Pages 1-4: Actual productive discussion - everything relevant was said in this area

Page 5: First time DSM brings up epic dotting 5 mobs beside the actual group to do 80dps

Pages 6-453: Hilarity and insanity

We are over FOUR THOUSAND AND FIVE HUNDRED posts into DSM arguing with the universe complete with a veritable community college -D grade dissertation’s worth of napkin math and YouTube videos showing a shaman solo mobs … completely irrelevant to the topic at hand.

Best.

Thread.

Ever.

Old 12-31-2023, 12:34 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Thread summary:

Pages 1-4: Actual productive discussion - everything relevant was said in this area

Page 5: First time DSM brings up epic dotting 5 mobs beside the actual group to do 80dps

Pages 6-453: Hilarity and insanity

We are over FOUR THOUSAND AND FIVE HUNDRED posts into DSM arguing with the universe complete with a veritable community college -D grade dissertation’s worth of napkin math and YouTube videos showing a shaman solo mobs … completely irrelevant to the topic at hand.

Best.

Thread.

Ever.

Most of this thread was just trolling by yourself and other posters. That is unfortunately the actual thread summary.

This thread just shows who the troll posters are, which includes yourself. I am not sure why you keep bumping it. It just makes you look bad.
Old 12-31-2023, 03:51 AM
Planar Protector

Bump.
Old 12-31-2023, 05:54 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Most of this thread was just trolling by yourself and other posters. That is unfortunately the actual thread summary.

This thread just shows who the troll posters are, which includes yourself. I am not sure why you keep bumping it. It just makes you look bad.
Old 12-31-2023, 10:56 AM
Fire Giant

Hell yeah let's gooooooo
Old 12-31-2023, 12:15 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Completely untrue. You can go back and read the thread. I really don't know why you think lying will change the post history.

At one point I mentioned Shaman DPS because if the group really wants the Shaman to DPS they can. Based on the DPS numbers I've given vs. what other people have given, a Shaman can produce DPS close to a non-Epic Mage.

You simply twisted my words and blew it out of proportion because you weren't winning the argument via logic and facts. This is a common tactic of yours, you troll people who disagree with you.

Groups generally don't have the Shaman DPS because:

Usually groups want the Shaman's utility, and they have enough DPS already.

A Shaman can open up more camps that level 60's would want to do. That is why I would take a Shaman over a Mage any day. There are some camps Enchanters cannot do, or the camp is made much easier by having a Shaman. DPS has diminishing returns, and level 60's aren't going to be doing as much mass killing of mobs. They will be targeting named mobs to kill. With 350 DPS you'll kill Fungi King in 50 seconds. With 270 DPS you'll be killing Fungi King in 65 seconds. That 15 second faster kill isn't going to get you any more Fungi King kills in a single session. You would need to kill Fungi King for 120 hours straight to get an extra spawn from that.
Case closed. He clearly showed proof.