Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 05-10-2017, 07:05 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruno [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I met and stayed pals with more people in a couple months of TLP than I did in years of p99.
Given your attitude on the forum I'm not surprised lol
Old 05-10-2017, 07:35 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xzavie [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This may be true on many servers, but it won't be true on Agnarr. Agnarr is a true box server, like Phinny. Phinny doesn't have raids full of six boxers. There are a few people that two box on raids, but not that many. There is a high demand for raid spots on Phinny and I expect Agnarr to be the same. Severs without truebox, like LockJaw and Ragefire, are like you describe.

People that don't even play on a TLP are trying to over dramatize boxing. Go play on Phinny, and you will see that boxing (beyond 2 boxing) is the minority. A small minority. Most groups are composed of single boxers.
It does sound like they've put some real steps to prevent 2 boxing.

Does it happen? probably... but it definitely sounds like your day to day gameplay simply won't see 2 boxing.

"if the rules are all you use to determine what you should or shouldn't do, you're probably an a-hole" -soup

Hooden • Xegony enchanter '00 - '02 • <Aeternus> from SoD '06 - '07
Old 05-10-2017, 09:12 AM
Fire Giant

Boxing 13 characters on 13 different laptops would be a huge pain in the ass. But it's DEFINITELY not harder than trying to stay awake as you press your CH macro every 2-3 minutes. Definitely not harder than that, cuz p99 is the pinnacle of EQ difficulty, and anyone who leaves just can't hack it.
Old 05-10-2017, 10:51 AM
Large Bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuklak [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It does sound like they've put some real steps to prevent 2 boxing.

Does it happen? probably... but it definitely sounds like your day to day gameplay simply won't see 2 boxing.
This is not true, they have put in steps to prevent boxing from the same machine. You will see your fair share of two boxers, but you won't see the mage armies that you see on other servers. Boxing is permitted, but each toon must be on a separate physical machine. You will see boxers out farming and such, you may be in a group with a person that is boxing, but boxing is not a rampant problem. Guild raid spots are in high demand, so you will not see anyone 6-10 boxing on raids as was stated earlier. There may be a few pocket healers here and there, but most raids are single boxed. Most pick up groups are single boxed. Its hard to get 2 toons in a group unless you start the group.
Old 05-10-2017, 11:12 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squabbles123 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeah, but it will when you go to raid and find "raid scene" is 5-10 people 6 boxing.

It'll impact you when 6 drops in 1 dungeon are all being farmed by 1 person on 6 accounts.

But you go, have fun, P99 is a bit over-crowded anyway, could stand to drop a few players.

I just hope the people who sit and farm hill giants on their level 60's for 12 hours a day leave.
That's not how it works on Phinny. I'm one of the few that might box 3 toons on raids, I only know of one other person who does more. 99 percent of Phinny plays one toon at a time be it raid or group. I have played on Phinny since launch and none of the issues you idiots keep throwing up have ever been reality. There are no mage box armies dominating open world content. There is no such thing as pay to win. There is no danger of the server dying off anytime soon, people are drooling in anticipation of GoD and OOW. There are lots of nice people to meet and play with regularly. Have I missed any of the usual tropes?
Old 05-10-2017, 11:27 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhdjoseywales [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I have played on Phinny since launch and none of the issues you idiots keep throwing up have ever been reality.
Old 05-10-2017, 12:16 PM
Fire Giant

I was part of a pretty cool "classic progression" guild on the test server.. we just progressed classicaly..didn't use mercs or defiant gear..and went expansion to expansion..it was a lot of fun

no the mechanics weren't 100% classic, but playing that way was pretty much the precursor that lead me to p99 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I think all of these classic type servers and experiences have merit, and good times can be had..
Old 05-10-2017, 12:50 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xzavie [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You will see your fair share of two boxers ... You will see boxers out farming and such, you may be in a group with a person that is boxing ... There may be a few pocket healers here and there ...

Quote:
but boxing is not a rampant problem.
I think reasonable people might disagree with your definition of "rampant problem."

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 05-10-2017, 01:12 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think reasonable people might disagree with your definition of "rampant problem."
Or you could just have a massively skewed and irrational view of what constitutes a problem in the first place. It would appear that anyone playing the game differently than your narrow interpretation of how it should be played is a problem. Just shut the fuck up with your whiney bullshit already. You don't play on Phinny so your speculation is about as meaningful as my speculation on the daily life of pacific island headhunters.
Old 05-10-2017, 01:15 PM
Kobold

What a pacific island headhunter may look like.....
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]