Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 09-07-2021, 01:56 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ooloo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
in keeping with the sanctity of human life.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
this has nothing to do with religion.
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 09-07-2021, 02:08 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatordash [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Because reality isn't that simple. Lets say Thorgrimm knocks up his cousin again and the fetus has a chromosomal disorder? What if Unsunghero keeps drinking while he's pregnant and now the fetus has some serious lifelong developmental disabilities? I bet they wish they could talk to a doctor and have the freedom to make a decision on what they think is best.

So perhaps its best to not create mandating laws and instead allow for the freedom of a mother and doctor to make a decision on what they think is best.
I have a cousin who has Down syndrome and had a co-worker who had FAS (fetal alcohol syndrome) who probably aren’t as happy to be alive as they should be

They don’t realize the bullet they dodged
Old 09-07-2021, 02:11 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ooloo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Because just like rape those are overwhelmingly rare scenarios and the vast majority of abortions are performed simply for the convenience of the mother. Like Jib said there can be exceptions I'm fine with, but doing away with about 90% of the dead babies in this world is overwhelmingly humane and in keeping with the sanctity of human life. Which is important.

And again I'm not a religious person at all, but you don't have to be. I'm a humanist, so it's hard to be okay with millions of needlessly dead human babies. I like to be consistent in my principles.
You guys keep coming back to how rare this stuff is how black and white everyone's situation is and I genuinely think you are uniformed on basic stuff like the amount of alcoholics and drug addicts in this country and how complicated and difficult a pregnancy is. Its fun to argue this stuff online when you're bored at work but I bet if you came back from the simple world of rainbows and lollipops and spent a day downtown at a women's clinic you would change your mind. I get that its easy to take the 'moral high ground' though and judge all these women as murders.
Old 09-07-2021, 02:20 PM
Banned

Population density is wayyy out of control.

Abortion is an awful yet necessary evil.

Most of you just can't see past your bleeding heart to understand that the earth can only support X number of people.

If some folks wanna kill their babies, I can't see an ecological or existential reason to oppose them, for a greater good.

Sorry that offends your sensibilities, but you can't see the entire world as one machine. I can.

It doesn't matter how the herd is culled, only that it is. turn your head, and enjoy your 20 acres of land before the gov't decides it has to build subsidized housing there, because you couldn't stomache the concept of abortion.
It's a concept that you will never see, never hear, never be affected by, until your daughter gets knocked up 3 months before med school.

The Unviable Birthed: Yeah it sucks, but humans have this tendency to take the worst of our genetic products, elevate them and drag them along with the rest of society, telling themselves they are doing a good thing, because they don't have the balls or the stomach to do or allow what needs to be done. No shit its unpleasant, it sucks, but its better for the evolution of the species that these traits are removed from the gene pool.

Nothing else in the natural world does this, animals kill their deformed offspring, and you know why.
Last edited by Trexller; 09-07-2021 at 02:32 PM..
Old 09-07-2021, 03:00 PM
Banned

Killing is in nature, and in ours.

Who gets to kill? The state, the family, the patriarch, the matriarch, the mother, how many we can afford to foster, imprison, or conscript, the rest, and the suicides and metaphysics and spirit of it all be damned if we disagree?

That's the essence of these arguments.

It's time for us to let it go. Let people be. Time to stop giving power to others. Time to stop trying to take it from others.

To me these choices are incredibly simple and personal and I hate how powerful lobbies and institutions have become.

So much so that I died for a better world and now we are beyond the looking glass and you get to read this post.

God bless. God speed. Much love. <3
Old 09-07-2021, 03:02 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horza [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Oh so murder and theft is illegal because of religion too?
Old 09-07-2021, 03:04 PM
Banned

Most laws have a basis in religion. This is undeniable.

My religion is however very much unlike yours. So I find most laws repressive and frivolous.
Old 09-07-2021, 03:08 PM
Planar Protector

Welll, if you guys were taking notes you'd know that religion was the word for goverment before there was no such word, so it's not like not wanting to kill babies or have people steeling from you is some hysterical prayer to a fantasy god.

It's just basic society 101

Religions (governments) who outlawed murder proliferated and spread culture around the globe.

ones that didnt died out like this

Old 09-07-2021, 03:17 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Welll, if you guys were taking notes you'd know that religion was the word for goverment before there was no such word, so it's not like not wanting to kill babies or have people steeling from you is some hysterical prayer to a fantasy god.

It's just basic society 101

Religions (governments) who outlawed murder proliferated and spread culture around the globe.

ones that didnt died out like this

Sorry I am a freak.

I'm mostly harmless and at the mercy of those weird religions tho. And maybe in some ways they benefit and some ways they hurt me or us.

I wish I could complete my transformation, and as far as I am concerned the government is just economically oppressive just like it is for the majority of my peers, regardless of what they believe or who they are.

So my opinion is that we need a new religion and a new government. Or at least revision to the existing ones. And that will probably happen one day.

In the meantime. Sue the ever loving shit out of eachother for what it's worth to you and stay distracted from providing for yourself and your loves.
Old 09-07-2021, 03:28 PM
Planar Protector

Religion came first, then goverment came after.

New types of religions, like Kingdom's and then Governments evolved out of it where a smart man realized that he could be the god, instead of a legend.

The religions of the world wrote warnings like, "dont worship false gods" because goverment 1:1 religion, so creating one of those where you put the king, or a man in charge kept resulting in that king or man kililng everyone and the society collapsing.

So religion wrote colorful stories about that to try to get people who had no education to stay away from new false saviors that promise to save them from end times prophecies like global warming and fascist grandma's.

Because every time one of those new religions takes over everyone dies.

Religion = Government = Religion.
Closed Thread