Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 06-23-2012, 02:59 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevlar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

If you get to the server select and get disconnected on loading in check to make sure wsock.dll is still in your eqmac folder. Mine is constantly getting removed.
My wsock32.dll is still there.

I can select the server but no matter what, when I load I get

The instruction at 0x77082eef referenced memory at 0x8da5f036. The memory could not be read.

I have followed the instructions and am not sure where I am going wrong. Has anyone else had this problem and knows how to correct it?

Thanks for any help
Last edited by Austrianna; 06-23-2012 at 04:23 PM..
Old 06-24-2012, 05:02 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by brentwoodbam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
When i add patchme i get that Create Surface (Primary) error again. I think i'll just stick to how i have it unless you know how to fix that particular error :X
I have the same problem. (Updating video drivers does nothing.) Did you ever find a fix for this?

When I use EQw at 1920x1080 the text crunches up in several area of the screen making a simulated full screen effect impossible to get. Does anyone know how to fix that?

As of right now I can log in but not being fullscreen kills it for me and makes it basically unplayable.
Old 06-25-2012, 03:46 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Austrianna

My wsock32.dll is still there.

I can select the server but no matter what, when I load I get

The instruction at 0x77082eef referenced memory at 0x8da5f036. The memory could not be read.

I have followed the instructions and am not sure where I am going wrong. Has anyone else had this problem and knows how to correct it?

Thanks for any help
Just wondering if anyone can help out at all? =) thank you!
Old 06-25-2012, 07:28 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Austrianna [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Just wondering if anyone can help out at all? =) thank you!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danyelle [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I just sent you a PM, but that seems to be the exact warning you get if you have WinEQ open while trying to run EQMac (I sent that in the PM as well, at the bottom lol) and it crashes at about that spot. I dunno if you have WinEQ running, or even installed, but if you do then close it first and try again. WinEQ is not compatible with EQMac.

EDIT: Scratch that, it crashed a little faster than that with WinEQ up (login page was the farthest I managed to get before it crashed while clicking really fast :P) it also references different memory. But message is still the exact same, minus the fact it gives me the option of debugging but that's cause I have Visual Studio installed.

Either way, I'm betting it's either WinEQ or another incompatible program.
You try this?
Old 06-25-2012, 08:47 PM
Aviak

WinEQ is that just like EQW (eq windows i think) that "just some dude" made back in the day? I don't have that and if it's not that, I don't think I have WinEQ anyway because I'm not 100% sure what it is.

I have the EQMac stuff installed on a different hard drive than the p99 eq and I don't run any third party programs when I play that are game related. Usually I just have the game and firefox up.

I'm really at a loss as to what it could be, but I appreciate your help - you have been amazing in this thread!
Last edited by Austrianna; 06-25-2012 at 08:50 PM..
Old 06-26-2012, 01:53 AM
Large Bat

Default EQMac is....

More fun than you'd think. It's a breath of fresh air and a real throwback to classic EQ.
Old 06-26-2012, 02:51 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doors [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
My thoughts exactly.
Serilis - 60 Wizard
Decisive - 60 Bard
Winsloe - 60 Rogue
Zaggasauarus - 27 Necro
Old 06-26-2012, 02:56 AM
Kobold

So I'm a total noob. Do I need a Mac to play on this server? Is it free?

thanks
Old 06-26-2012, 02:58 AM
Fire Giant

doors your avatar is beautiful so i'll just put this here for everyone to enjoy

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Wr15UVmovD4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Old 06-26-2012, 11:38 AM
Large Bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azmere [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So I'm a total noob. Do I need a Mac to play on this server? Is it free?

thanks
You don't need a mac.
It's free.
It's a legitimate SOE EQ server with real GM/Advisor support
It's capped at Planes of Power but we're progressing through content @ the Velious level. Send me a PM and I'll link you a "Get Started" guide.