Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 08-11-2023, 11:44 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Botten [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yup, I pasted the quote about the two Democrat appointees from that article.

It was a 3 judge panel. Next is en banc.
Old 08-11-2023, 11:48 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elizondo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Whining 'misinformation' blah blah.
You got caught pushing misinformation debunked in 10/12/2022.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elizondo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
...claim there is a there there and this i why you can't debate....
You are so tiring. I believe Origen said he would debate you. If you need to try to keep pushing your dribble.

Quote:
You're not even trying to argue the inflation of Covid death numbers anymore...
What is there to argue your own NY Times article you reference said they needed to make corrections because they represented the data wrong.

Quote:
..You're done.
Yes quite done when your own cited information proves you wrong.
Last edited by Botten; 08-12-2023 at 12:18 AM..
Old 08-11-2023, 11:52 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussenseiter [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yup, I pasted the quote about the two Democrat appointees from that article.

It was a 3 judge panel. Next is en banc.
ok then did you see the news about Craig Deleeuw Robertson?

FBI visited him about his extreme right threats to the president and those investigating Trump.

Said he was going to take out his sniper gear and more.

FBI shows up to his door to ask him questions and well lets say that Mr. Robertson is no longer a threat.
Old 08-11-2023, 11:58 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Botten [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Moving on to modern day events:

A three-judge panel of the United States 5th Circuit Court of Appeals has struck down Mississippi's lifetime ban on voting for people convicted of certain felonies, saying it is unconstitutional because it inflicts cruel and unusual punishment.

Admittedly this is weird since the 5th Circuit Court is very conservative.

This could result in a lot of ex-convicts getting their voting power back.

Conventional wisdom says that Republicans don’t want to give ex-felons voting rights because they’ll end up voting for Democrats. But is this true?

Or is this just a sad attempt to give Jan 6th MAGA voters back their vote before the election?
Cruel and unusual punishment?

I always thought this meant torture or completely removing someone’s dignity, like if the walk of atonement thing from Game of Thrones existed. That’s what I always pictured as cruel and unusual
Old 08-12-2023, 12:21 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by unsunghero [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I always thought this meant torture or completely removing someone’s dignity, like if the walk of atonement thing from Game of Thrones existed. That’s what I always pictured as cruel and unusual
8th Amendment apparently was heavily weighed on.

What else is considered cruel and unusual punishment?
Old 08-12-2023, 12:21 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by unsunghero [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

The public vagrancy right also falls under the 8th amendment supposedly, we're living in VERY elastic times.

If only we had deeply rooted history and traditions. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 08-12-2023, 12:40 AM
Banned

Quote:
8th Amendment apparently was heavily weighed on.

What else is considered cruel and unusual punishment?
No idear

I imagine withholding the basics like starving a prisoner?

One could argue that extended solitary could be as well, since the brain needs stimuli it could lead to hallucinations. But I think that depends on the setting somewhat

For example, I know that in a sensory deprivation chamber hallucinations are near-guaranteed pretty quickly, like 30ish minutes in. But when I think of myself in a cell alone, I could try to develop routines for my brain and body to provide that stimuli. The sensory deprivation chamber messes people up faster because they can’t move their body to provide their own stimuli
Old 08-12-2023, 01:06 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Origen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Speaking of truth

You ready to talk about your last date, Elizondo?
When you get someone who admits LOTR is their favorite movie in their bio:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_2647.jpg (19.2 KB, 0 views)
Old 08-12-2023, 01:15 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
You got caught pushing misinformation debunked in 10/12/2022.
Says the guy that links DailyKos and New Republic pretending they are legit

You always try and fall back on smears and lies. Won't work.

Quote:
You are so tiring. I believe Origen said he would debate you. If you need to try to keep pushing your dribble.
Origen spends his entire day calling everyone racist and fascist he disagrees with.

BORING

Quote:
What is there to argue your own NY Times article you reference said they needed to make corrections because they represented the data wrong.
You didn't read the article. Here, let me help you:

Quote:
The official number is probably an exaggeration because it includes some people who had virus when they died even though it was not the underlying cause of death. Other C.D.C. data suggests that almost one-third of official recent Covid deaths have fallen into this category. A study published in the journal Clinical Infectious Diseases came to similar conclusions.
It's not The NYT's data. They are citing data directly from The CDC and other sources. If they made a slight correction about something in the article it has no correlation. You're just desperately looking for something to cling to for a way out. Not going to happen.

Oh and ..

https://nypost.com/2023/01/14/dr-lea...g-overcounted/

Quote:
CNN analyst slammed after writing COVID deaths are being overcounted: ‘TWO AND A HALF YEARS LATE’

CNN medical analyst and Washington Post columnist Dr. Leana Wen admitted in a column, Friday, that the medical community is “overcounting” the amount of “COVID deaths and hospitalizations.”

Wen, who writes an occasional Washington Post column providing her observations on the pandemic, masking and other COVID-related subjects, cited sources claiming that most “patients diagnosed with COVID are actually in the hospital for some other illness.”
Quote:
Yes quite done when your own cited information proves you wrong.
You're just whining in circles and making childish statements

Pathetic
Old 08-12-2023, 07:31 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussenseiter [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Haha I bet it was with a man!
That would make me happy and I would wish him happiness as well

But I don't think it's an issue of orientation [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Closed Thread