Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 09-04-2021, 03:16 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Crowder is legit as funny as trevor noah and if you dont know that both of them are not funny then you are worshiping the mark of the beast.
Oh noooo he is *way* better than trevor noah. I don't always like him, I thought that whole making fun of the vox guy's lisp or whatever was totally tasteless and beneath him honestly, but as far as *conservative* comedians go, he's actually pretty funny. He's usually the funniest when he's just riffing on something and not being political.
Old 09-04-2021, 03:23 PM
Planar Protector

Honestly the unfunniest comedians to me these days are the far left ones. Comedy is supposed to be counter-culture and provocative. Telling a bunch of hacky unfunny jokes about how white people are racist is the safest, easiest thing in the world to do now. They tell an unfunny sanctimonious virtue signally joke and then revel in the dumb canned applause. Same reason I never liked george carlin, he wanted applause more than laughs. Make me laugh you dumb self-important bastard or get off the stage.
Old 09-04-2021, 03:36 PM
Planar Protector

lol I love this reddit post thats me and horza https://www.reddit.com/r/PublicFreak...eb2x&context=3
Old 09-04-2021, 03:48 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ooloo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Honestly the unfunniest comedians to me these days are the far left ones. Comedy is supposed to be counter-culture and provocative. Telling a bunch of hacky unfunny jokes about how white people are racist is the safest, easiest thing in the world to do now. They tell an unfunny sanctimonious virtue signally joke and then revel in the dumb canned applause. Same reason I never liked george carlin, he wanted applause more than laughs. Make me laugh you dumb self-important bastard or get off the stage.
I agree that the Netflex woke comedy completely sucks. But Carlin was pretty funny given his time. There is a difference between Carlin and some young coffee-colored college-aged amateur. The former wasn't blown up by corporate media as part of a woke offensive; which makes Carlin almost certainly less over-rated and contrived at the time of his performances.

Unless you troll progressive left youtube, podcasts, and blogs, you probably haven't been exposed to modern leftwing political comedy of the actual majority of the leftwing. Just that corporate crap on SNL et al.

The closest thing the right has to good political comedy is Alex Jones. Sam Hyde -- the white supremacist autistic guy mad about being canceled -- has his moments.
Last edited by JurisDictum; 09-04-2021 at 03:51 PM..
Old 09-04-2021, 03:53 PM
Banned

Actually, Mark Dice is kind of funny. It's worth noting, he is notable less mad in appearance during his performances. But that is the best you are going to do. Some guy who is basically trolling and enjoying being contrarian. It's a kind of intellectual larping.
Last edited by JurisDictum; 09-04-2021 at 03:56 PM..
Old 09-04-2021, 03:55 PM
Planar Protector

George Carlin is one of my all time favorites,

we laughed as he explained how fucked we all are

we laughed because we know its true

we laughed because we know theres nothing we can do about it.

we laughed because the alternative is to cry.
Old 09-04-2021, 04:04 PM
Banned

"It's a big club, and you aint in it"

All you guys cucking out to one of the two big parties should remember that.

Carlin was full of political insights that he spun into jokes during his late career. A lot of his original stuff was not even political.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aTZ-CpINiqg

This is well before my generation was old enough to get on the internet and complain about this. Being prescient like that is why people make a big deal out of Carlin.
Last edited by JurisDictum; 09-04-2021 at 04:12 PM..
Old 09-04-2021, 04:15 PM
Planar Protector

I don't deny he made many great points and observations, and could be very direct and concise in his delivery of them, it was just more philosophical than comedy to me and I want to laugh at a comedy show. I'd take mitch hedberg over carlin for actual jokes.

Or norm macdonald, and it occurs to me now that people sometimes call norm "conservative" even though he's like completely apolitical. He's just brutally funny.
Old 09-04-2021, 04:24 PM
Planar Protector

footbol is fake lib. The parties change but the establishment stays the same.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 09-04-2021, 07:27 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by JurisDictum [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Sam Hyde -- the white supremacist autistic guy mad about being canceled -- has his moments.
Closed Thread