Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-29-2019, 11:39 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

I have to say I agree with the dissenters in this group. The transparent UI is anything but classic, and obviously EQ UI is tricky, and was imperfect to begin with, so why not just let players use whatever UI settings they want? The classicness of the green server is not really affected in any way by ease of player access through customizable UI like you already have on Blue. You can even get the marble background on blue, and get the real classic UI up to 1920x1080 resolution and it looks great...

This is... an unfortunate, if not enthusiastic, waste of time - unless you are going to force old default marble UI with the whole HUD.
Old 10-30-2019, 05:43 AM
VIP / Contributor

Send a message via MSN to Wenai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lowspudd [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I have to say I agree with the dissenters in this group. The transparent UI is anything but classic, and obviously EQ UI is tricky, and was imperfect to begin with, so why not just let players use whatever UI settings they want? The classicness of the green server is not really affected in any way by ease of player access through customizable UI like you already have on Blue. You can even get the marble background on blue, and get the real classic UI up to 1920x1080 resolution and it looks great...

This is... an unfortunate, if not enthusiastic, waste of time - unless you are going to force old default marble UI with the whole HUD.
This has been replied to ad nauseam.

Project 1999 Management decided on forced UI long before this UI endeavour. This is not the place to complain about it.

The old marble UI would truthfully be mostly usable, but not at a range of resolutions. And the only way to make it truly classic would be for people to use view port possible.

Both of these have been discussed at length.
Old 10-30-2019, 06:27 AM
Planar Protector

People already can't hack the new UI, huh? lol.

That being said, Wenai, thanks for your help. My issue was indeed the font.
Old 10-30-2019, 12:11 PM
Planar Protector

afaik there is something in place to prevent hacking it, its being worked on by top men. This is not specific to the UI but the same security feature that is being worked on will also prevent the UI from being edited too much.

As far as saying the UI is anything but classic that is incorrect, it is exactly 2 hotbutton images backgrounds, 1 scroll bar background, and 1 action window away from being 100% classic.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 10-30-2019, 03:31 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

I saw this discussed a lot earlier in the thread, and didn't see an update:

A lot of us are playing in windowed mode. That is not classic, but it is what it is. One of the main issues I'm having, is that in windowed mode at higher resolutions, I completely lose my cursor. Also being in windowed mode (with 3 monitors), I'm shaking it all over the place to find it like 1000 pixels off screen.

I saw an initiative to make the cursor a bit bigger. In the mean time, is there a way to make it a higher contrast color, so I can find my poor cursor?

Thanks,

Truk

P.S. I'm very much enjoying the challenges of this UI. THANK GOD (Innoruk of course) for /viewport !
Old 10-30-2019, 03:51 PM
Planar Protector

I was working on a larger one, I have it half done but due to IRL I am unable to work on UI for the next month or 2

But we are going to get the UI team together after a bit of R&R from the cruch we put on this version to do some QOL changes and updates but for now youll have to use the current cursor and just enjoy the knowledge that you are looking at 100% classic pixels ripped from the old clients <3
Old 10-30-2019, 03:54 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I was working on a larger one, I have it half done but due to IRL I am unable to work on UI for the next month or 2

But we are going to get the UI team together after a bit of R&R from the cruch we put on this version to do some QOL changes and updates but for now youll have to use the current cursor and just enjoy the knowledge that you are looking at 100% classic pixels ripped from the old clients <3
Thanks for update, and the effort and the time you and the UI team are donating to make this happen!

We may need a new youtube vid:
- Old: "Has anyone seen my corpse"
- New: "Has anyone seen my cursor"

-Truk
Old 10-30-2019, 03:58 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by trukk [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Thanks for update, and the effort and the time you and the UI team are donating to make this happen!

We may need a new youtube vid:
- Old: "Has anyone seen my corpse"
- New: "Has anyone seen my cursor"

-Truk
lol I was hoping i could sneak an update with one in, but it needed custom art because a 1:1 increase was too big for a Windows cursor hah [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Personally I like the larger cursor because it "feels" more eq, cus the cursor looked bigger on those small ass monitors.

But, there are a few other elements that we have been dealing with this with, the gauges, and player/group windows, spell gems are larger etc... I think as we all play this current version, giving us this feedback is great, because we'll be able to do an update that gets all this stuff where the community really wants it! So thanks for the feedback and understanding!

God I love has anyone seen my corpse [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Last edited by Jibartik; 10-30-2019 at 04:00 PM..
Old 10-30-2019, 04:04 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
lol I was hoping i could sneak an update with one in, but it needed custom art because a 1:1 increase was too big for a Windows cursor hah [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Personally I like the larger cursor because it "feels" more eq, cus the cursor looked bigger on those small ass monitors.

But, there are a few other elements that we have been dealing with this with, the gauges, and player/group windows, spell gems are larger etc... I think as we all play this current version, giving us this feedback is great, because we'll be able to do an update that gets all this stuff where the community really wants it! So thanks for the feedback and understanding!

God I love has anyone seen my corpse [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Well can you spare some rations, cuz I sure need a drink,
I move so slow, I wish I had a horse,
It's night and I can't see,
danger in front of me,
Has anybody here seen my corpse?
Old 10-30-2019, 04:06 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by magusfire24 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Well can you spare some rations, cuz I sure need a drink,
I move so slow, I wish I had a horse,
It's night and I can't see,
danger in front of me,
Has anybody here seen my corpse?
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Closed Thread