Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 02-11-2021, 04:21 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bach [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Noble is taboo because of prove ST is no better than anyone if things are fair ( if anything they have shown to be worse).
So then push for a footrace for Trak. Coth races suck anyway.

It blows my mind people complain about racing. You still have to go kill the mob the same way. Everything after the race operates completely like a classic EQ raid.
Old 02-11-2021, 04:25 PM
Planar Protector

How do you have a footrace for Trak'anon without running over and training people who're minding their own business grouping in the lower levels of Sebilis? One of my larger frustrations with the P99 raid scene is that the raiders seem to think they own the place and seldom notice or care who they run over in their pursuit of pixels. Let's not make it worse.

----------------------------

Quote:
Originally Posted by zodium [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
they aren't
I hope you're joking.

Danth
Old 02-11-2021, 04:33 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bach [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Fungi for a tank? Lolwut

Beside a lot of the clickies are game changing.
Wait, is the cleric BP still able to be constantly clicked? If yes, than i'm definitely wrong, as that shit was OP while it lasts.

And yes, fungi for a tank. Kunark era warriors are starving for HP, that's why I said MAYBE Cobalt BP is better for raids. (Don't know for sure if having 20 more ac and 50 max HP is worth having over 100s of hp healed per minute naturally for Kunark content)

Fungi provides 15 HP regen per tic. Meaning, if you're being CH'd once every 4 or more tics, you're better off using fungi.
Old 02-11-2021, 04:37 PM
Planar Protector

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twochain [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yes and No

I could teach a 10 year old how to play a rogue at a raid. In fact, my friends very FIRST experience playing EverQuest was playing a rogue on a (HoT) raid.

Some things are definitely skill based. Raid leading is a big piece to that puzzle. Avoiding another long winded post, i'd say the most important thing that differentiates a good p99 player to a bad one is the ability to stay calm under pressure. Also game knowledge like you said.

Outside of raids, Enchanters have one of the highest skill gaps out of any class of MMO's I have played.

Outside of raids, leveling my rogue to 50-60 was one of the most mind numbingly boring experiences of my life.
everquest is an easy game at heart, and it only becomes hard because of competition between players using those simple mechanics against each other. that's why competition is something we should preserve. but ST set out from the beginning to leverage the network effect and content bottlenecks. it was something that was openly talked about as a strategy: first locking down the critical mass of high time investment players, then using that to hard lock down content. eminently doable in EQ. to me, the fucking blue duopoly was bad enough with AM and Awa more or less actively colluding to prevent "casual" guilds from having opportunities to practice (all while we were telling them they just "need to try" lmao), and the looming ST monopoly was a big part of why I didn't join ST and said sayonara to Green entirely after DaD stopped being funny, because setting out to do that from day one isn't competition and I had little confidence the staff would take any action.

I still think they wouldn't if Phatez hadn't uh, overplayed his hand a bit. lol
Old 02-11-2021, 04:37 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
How do you have a footrace for Trak'anon without running over and training people who're minding their own business grouping in the lower levels of Sebilis? One of my larger frustrations with the P99 raid scene is that the raiders seem to think they own the place and seldom notice or care who they run over in their pursuit of pixels. Let's not make it worse.

----------------------------

I hope you're joking.

Danth
Roll 5 minutes after spawn. Announce to the zone the event starts in 5 minutes and that if your camp is somewhere between entrance and trak's lair (Which realistically will only disrupt the spore king camp, unless of course a group is clearing down), to get to a safe spot? I don't think asking people to be careful for 5 minutes while the racers race is an outrageous proposal. Or ultra disruptive.
Old 02-11-2021, 04:46 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by zodium [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
if Phatez hadn't uh, overplayed his hand a bit

An interesting alternative sequence of events would have occurred if the 72 hour notice had been given.

UN guilds would all be in merger talks right now rather than in the near future.
Old 02-11-2021, 04:54 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twochain [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I don't think asking people to be careful for 5 minutes while the racers race is an outrageous proposal.
I do. I consider that an example of the very mindset I have a problem with. "Get out of our way, we have pixels to acquire!" Those silly raids aren't more important than anything else. Why are the people who're just trying to play the game supposed to be "careful" while the pixel-sick raiders run willy nilly all over everything? To heck with that. To that end, Call of the Hero down to lair works better since it keeps the pixel-mongers out of everyone else's hair. Let them fight amongst each other all they like as long as they leave the rest of the game alone. Any alternative rule set should strive to do the same for everyone's benefit rather than for the benefit only of the raid crowd.

Danth
Last edited by Danth; 02-11-2021 at 04:59 PM..
Old 02-11-2021, 04:57 PM
Banned

hello everyone
i will be training the entire zone
sorry!
(LOL)
Old 02-11-2021, 04:59 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
everquest is an easy game at heart, and it only becomes hard because of competition between players using those simple mechanics against each other. that's why competition is something we should preserve. but ST set out from the beginning to leverage the network effect and content bottlenecks. it was something that was openly talked about as a strategy: first locking down the critical mass of high time investment players, then using that to hard lock down content. eminently doable in EQ. to me, the fucking blue duopoly was bad enough with AM and Awa more or less actively colluding to prevent "casual" guilds from having opportunities to practice (all while we were telling them they just "need to try" lmao), and the looming ST monopoly was a big part of why I didn't join ST and said sayonara to Green entirely after DaD stopped being funny, because setting out to do that from day one isn't competition and I had little confidence the staff would take any action.

I still think they wouldn't if Phatez hadn't uh, overplayed his hand a bit. lol
I agree. Phatez's goal from launch day was to dominate the raid scene. We're also talking about the worlds second(or third?) level 60 in classic WoW. And a guy who, without trying to suck his dick too much, is one of the best raid leaders i've played with. He's also hyper motivated to win. It's very easy to get behind a guy like that, especially considering basically every raid veteran on the server already knows of/played with the guy.

But frankly i'm surprised there hasn't been anyone to really contest them. There's a LOT of players on Green.

The mighty TMO was dethroned, Rampage woke the sleeper because other guilds were catching up(Which, I believe was a 3 guild alliance? Forsaken/Asgard/Someone else? Someone chime in there). AM dominated the server ruthlessly for two years, only to be eventually beaten out by a <Paradigm Shift> and <Core> team up. Riot literally had a free server for a year, only to be beaten out (Currently at least) by a Freedom/Azure Guard team up.

The raiders are out there. Give them a platform to beat Seal Team and they will come. The more a guild is hated on a server because of how good they are, the more people that become motivated to beat them. That's how it's worked on Blue for years now.

AM/AW was the closest thing i've seen to a healthy balance.

I don't think guild leaders on blue work directly against casuals. Would we like to beat them? Yes. But casuals beat themselves. Kittens and Dawn Believers could merge tomorrow and be a very serious 3rd entity if they'd like. Dawn believers killed Koi solo during our last suspension, and have a LOT of level 60 clerics. Meanwhile, Kittens could field anywhere from 60-100 people for a raid during prime time. It's certainly doable. But they don't feel like parking in ToV for 16 hour windows. /shrug. They could just do HoT clears and zone out and zone back in when a dragon pops. But parking mains in ToV and having a pet tracker isn't really the casual way is it?
Old 02-11-2021, 05:12 PM
Planar Protector

bruh what are you talking about, half those guilds were killed by the staff lol