Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Old 06-26-2023, 12:48 PM
Sarnak

definitely not voting for hunter now, and his role in the government should be investigated
Old 06-26-2023, 01:03 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussenseiter [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That's why we put smiling unicorns and rainbows on bleach bottles. Because capitalism.
Yes, and Che Guevara on t-shirts and rainbows and diverse and inclusive recruiting ads from Raytheon and the United States military

Similarly, the bank I go to sometimes tells me they care about me as a person
Old 06-26-2023, 01:10 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ooloo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Whatever you say buddy.

Still not clear on if you think it's offensive to women for a man to pretend he's one and run around acting like a cartoon stereotype of an airhead. That's what people had a problem with. Much like people, rightfully so, have a problem with a white person dressing up like a black person and acting like a cartoon stereotype of a black person. Do you see the obvious parallel? Kind of a yikes thing to do, and people noticed, so they said fuck off bud light.
Yeah I am sure Bud Light is gonna throw in the towel any day now, just like Netflix and all the other "woke" companies

Make all the false equivalences you want, Shapiro boy, I'll just ignore them
Old 06-26-2023, 02:01 PM
Sarnak

imagine comparing drag and black face lmao

alt-right brain rot: hold my coors
Old 06-26-2023, 02:31 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by booter [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Woman is the * of the World [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 06-26-2023, 03:13 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by booter [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I know right?? One is totally making a mockery of black people and the other is totally making a mockery of women! They are so different!

Also dylan mulvaney is not a drag queen, he's a man pretending to be a woman in the most offensive possible way to actual real women, which is why people have a major problem with it. As any decent person should. Misogyny takes many forms and lives in many trojan horses.
Old 06-26-2023, 03:15 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Origen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeah I am sure Bud Light is gonna throw in the towel any day now, just like Netflix and all the other "woke" companies

Make all the false equivalences you want, Shapiro boy, I'll just ignore them
Ok so I'm gonna go ahead and assume you are fine with men dressing up like women and saying things like "Lol I cried five times today, as a woman!!" and "Ewwwww yikes a bug!!".

Sorry women, the feelings of men pretending to be you are just more important!
Old 06-26-2023, 03:32 PM
Banned

I wonder if these posts would even get traction in the middle school debates they are meant for.

Ooloo, once again, I implore you to make the Debate Club Thread so I can expose you for the rookie you are
Old 06-26-2023, 03:47 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ooloo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I know right?? One is totally making a mockery of black people and the other is totally making a mockery of women! They are so different!

Also dylan mulvaney is not a drag queen, he's a man pretending to be a woman in the most offensive possible way to actual real women, which is why people have a major problem with it. As any decent person should. Misogyny takes many forms and lives in many trojan horses.
While I agree that many women would see Dylan running screaming from a butterfly and fake falling over as an offensive impression of how women behave, I think there’s a question of intent

Is Dylan just completely naive or making a harmless joke, or was his intent to mock women as frightened little Nancies who fall over running away from butterflies?

The intent with blackface was 100% malicious
Old 06-26-2023, 03:50 PM
Banned

I literally never even saw these stupid ads, I avoid ads like the plague. Yarr. I had never heard of Dylan Mulvaney because I have shit to do