Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 06-24-2011, 04:34 PM
Planar Protector

noted

thanks for share
Old 06-24-2011, 05:09 PM
Fire Giant

You could have summed up the whole thread with "Warriors can't hold aggro" Karsten!
Old 06-24-2011, 05:12 PM
Planar Protector

Karsten doesn't say anything negatively. It's kinda like how zoolander can't turn left.
Old 06-24-2011, 07:51 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by karsten [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
1. hehe makeup

2. since before kunark dropped, people had become increasingly focused on group makeup, specifically related to xp penalties of classes and races. As a paladin, i've of course been personally annoyed by this, and also of the firm opinion that what pals/sks/bards (sorry rangers) bring to groups far outweighs their xp penalty. the ability to hold aggro or, in the case of bards, regen/mana regen/haste makes the group more efficient, overall, not less.

3. i'm 60 on my paladin and now leveling my necro. i can say, as a non-hybrid leveling with other non-hybrids, that it's just not faster. hybrids bring added value, I speak from exensive anectodal evidence, you're welcome to draw your own conclusions.

4. stop the hybrid hate today. you math wizards are right in theory and wrong in practice.

5. also remove hybrid xp penalties please!
Regarding removal of the hybrid penalty:

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/edit...rs_letter.html

Dated January 2001.
Old 06-25-2011, 07:45 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ektar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Karsten doesn't say anything negatively. It's kinda like how zoolander can't turn left.
I'm not an ambi-turner
Old 06-25-2011, 09:47 AM
Banned

shiftin has posted only worthy thing here.

A tank that allows higher sustained DPS is a good tank until such time as HPS is not sustainable. With C2 and CH, this is irrelevent.
Old 06-25-2011, 12:23 PM
Aviak

"It should be noted that Iksar monks have a 44% xp penalty. Which is slightly more then a hybrid penalty as long as there isn't an additional racial penalty to add.
__________________"

Except for the fact iksar monks are demi-gods in kunark and are completely op....from tanking to pulling to dps...
Old 06-25-2011, 01:30 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harkor [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
"It should be noted that Iksar monks have a 44% xp penalty. Which is slightly more then a hybrid penalty as long as there isn't an additional racial penalty to add.
__________________"

Except for the fact iksar monks are demi-gods in kunark and are completely op....from tanking to pulling to dps...
Racial penalties are not shared with the group, so that extra 24% is theirs only.
Old 06-25-2011, 01:41 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morlaeth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Racial penalties are not shared with the group, so that extra 24% is theirs only.
Penality sharing is not working that way... what you share is the xp of the mob you killed weighted by the total xp of each player in group.

exemple: 2 players level 50 are grouped, 1st one needed 1 million xp to reach 50 and the other one needed 2 millions. You kill a NPC that yields 300 xp,
Player 1 will gain 100 xp and player 2 will gain 200 xp.
Old 06-25-2011, 02:03 PM
Kobold

I don't mind hybrids. It's playing with people who slack ass that puts a drain on xp.

I've seen oh-so-many Rogues ninja-afking constantly. I'd rather have a class in group that can't sneak and be safe in case shit goes wrong while they're afk.

As they ground to make XP holy . . . let us twink to make it free; our EQ marches on!
Closed Thread