Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Old 09-01-2022, 12:28 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kich867 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I know, but I've done it like 4000 fuckin times and my eyes glaze over in boredom. That and I kinda hate the hassle of having to go back to Cab to train/pickup spells. DE sounds more fun this go around.
I did the Warrens 5-22 ish for the first time on my pallymon. Was baller, and free hole key.

Highly recommend anyone starting a fresh char / twink to do this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist View Post
With enough Clerics any class can survive AoW.
Old 09-01-2022, 12:30 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxigen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I did the Warrens 5-22 ish for the first time on my pallymon. Was baller, and free hole key.

Highly recommend anyone starting a fresh char / twink to do this.
I don't think I've ever been to the warrens, either. Is that the Kobold dungeon near Toxx?
Old 09-01-2022, 12:33 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kich867 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I don't think I've ever been to the warrens, either. Is that the Kobold dungeon near Toxx?
Indeed. You get paineel faction there too, plenty to get a free hole key on your way out.

I did Warrens --> Perma --> CT --> Kedge --> Hole (basically all the highest ZEMs in the game) edit: this was on my pallymon, necro would be different (kaesora for sure)

Solo XP superhighway (and have funds to twink ofc).

I think if I had to do a necro that isn't lizardpeepul, it would have to be gnome though.

Quote:
Last edited by Toxigen; 09-01-2022 at 12:39 PM..
Old 09-01-2022, 12:52 PM
Planar Protector

Kunark and beyond, melee got a boost, but still very much behind all the casters. Any group can add a caster, not any group can add a melee. And who cares about raid power.

Pet classes (Enchanter, Necro, Mage, then shaman and druid once they get pet)
Any non pet class caster (Wizard, Cleric)
any melee class
Old 09-01-2022, 01:06 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxigen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Indeed. You get paineel faction there too, plenty to get a free hole key on your way out.

I did Warrens --> Perma --> CT --> Kedge --> Hole (basically all the highest ZEMs in the game) edit: this was on my pallymon, necro would be different (kaesora for sure)

Solo XP superhighway (and have funds to twink ofc).

I think if I had to do a necro that isn't lizardpeepul, it would have to be gnome though.
Dope thanks for the ideas!
Old 09-01-2022, 03:00 PM
Banned

Speaking of boring, I think the amount of weight applied to this in terms of rankings is pretty subjective

Myself, I can’t imagine how people play melee classes that only hit the same one or two buttons to kick or backstab every few seconds after turning on auto-attack. That just seems mind-numbingly boring to me. I’m assuming being a class that tends to group more helps bc then you have some group chatter to interact with

I even think using animation pets as enchanter is stick a pencil in my eye dull. I’ll do it when I’m farming green mobs that don’t give exp because it’s smoother at that point than charming and the 50% exp loss to the pet doesn’t matter when mobs don’t give xp anyway. But can’t even give the pet commands, just cast one slow on the mob and listen to the annoying never-ending werewolf growls (from boon buff on pet) on repeat for a few minutes, weeeee
Old 09-01-2022, 03:29 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by unsunghero [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Speaking of boring, I think the amount of weight applied to this in terms of rankings is pretty subjective

Myself, I can’t imagine how people play melee classes that only hit the same one or two buttons to kick or backstab every few seconds after turning on auto-attack. That just seems mind-numbingly boring to me. I’m assuming being a class that tends to group more helps bc then you have some group chatter to interact with

I even think using animation pets as enchanter is stick a pencil in my eye dull. I’ll do it when I’m farming green mobs that don’t give exp because it’s smoother at that point than charming and the 50% exp loss to the pet doesn’t matter when mobs don’t give xp anyway. But can’t even give the pet commands, just cast one slow on the mob and listen to the annoying never-ending werewolf growls (from boon buff on pet) on repeat for a few minutes, weeeee
In group play I do find playing a warrior one of the most fun classes even though they basically hit Kick and Taunt.

There's a lot of spatial awareness / mob placement / aggro management things going on that are fun. When you're pulling and tanking there's a lot to keep track of mentally--whereas when I play my Cleric/Wizard/Druid in a group, I zone out pretty fuckin hard even if I have to do a lot.

Really the only excitement from those classes is when things go wrong and I can flex on recovering the situation. If it's just smooth sailing solo pulls for 4 hours casters can get pretty boring.

That being said, so far I haven't found a class I don't enjoy playing in groups in some capacity. Even on the wizard, I like ending fights with a nuke to just wipe the thing out.
Old 09-02-2022, 12:33 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by eqravenprince [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
who cares about raid power
People who want to raid, aka most people, eventually.
Old 09-02-2022, 09:36 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuranthium [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
People who want to raid, aka most people, eventually.
Most people raid to get better gear, not cause it's fun. Raiding is not fun at all.
Old 09-02-2022, 10:01 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by eqravenprince [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Most people raid to get better gear, not cause it's fun. Raiding is not fun at all.
Eh...it can be. You just need to be on the right class for your own mindset.

I loved raiding on enc...but was more active than the standard wallicker buffbots.

Quote: