Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

View Poll Results: How do you feel about Enchanter's power level? Multiple choice allowed.
Non-classically overpowered and needs nerf 66 33.33%
Non-classically overpowered and does not need nerf 19 9.60%
Classically overpowered and needs nerf (Bard, Nec, etc examples) 23 11.62%
Classically overpowered and does not need nerf 88 44.44%
Trivializes content and needs nerf 42 21.21%
Trivializes content and does not need nerf 16 8.08%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 198. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 03-19-2021, 03:23 PM
Banned

They cried enough to get it disbanded. Excellent point but not game mechanics related.

I haven't petitioned for it back as I'm still enjoying them actually getting rustled to the point of harassing the staff into doing it.

But we are talking item and game mechanic changes. Just make them do it like the other stuff.
Old 03-19-2021, 03:47 PM
Planar Protector

Oh good lord, this idiot again.

The animations, which are trash in the firstplace, have the approiate hit point s on p99, at least on the 44 and 49 pets. didn't bother to test others?

You just keep lying and making stuff up because you are a bad enchanter so now you farm for over powered and easy mode shaman gear.
Old 03-19-2021, 03:51 PM
Banned

You mock him but his tactic is proven to be very effective.
Old 03-19-2021, 04:15 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by azxten [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Even as a high level Enchanter myself now I am still working on getting this ridiculously overpowered and non-classic class fixed. We know charm never worked this well in classic, we know all pet HP is too high and double so for Enchanter pets, we know channeling rates are too successful, and so on. There are multiple bug reports on these issues if you want to review the evidence. In spite of the evidence that has been gathered Enchanter remains a ridiculously overpowered class that was never this way in classic. I feel it really ruins a lot of the EQ experience in various ways.

I wanted to ask the community, how do you feel about Enchanter? Is it overpowered compared to classic? Does it impact the game by trivializing solo, group, and/or raid content?
I think you need some help given that you seem to be obsessed with this topic. I don’t think we need another spam thread about it.

No actual evidence has been presented that there’s anything non classic about enchanters on P99. The only non classic thing is that a lot of people now know how efficient charm killing is and also have the tech specs on their computer and internet to do it safely.
Old 03-19-2021, 04:16 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nirgon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
They cried enough to get it disbanded. Excellent point but not game mechanics related.

I haven't petitioned for it back as I'm still enjoying them actually getting rustled to the point of harassing the staff into doing it.

But we are talking item and game mechanic changes. Just make them do it like the other stuff.
Sad to see people using “I’m offended by the guild name because it’s racist” as a made up excuse to get a guild they don’t like in trouble
Old 03-19-2021, 04:18 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by azxten [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
How about the multiple posts about pets attacking group members if DOTed? Pets wandering away? Charm message not working or working inaccurately?

I'm glad I posted all that on the second page of this thread. You can pick and choose but it's clear by the large body of evidence that Enchanter is non-classically OP on P99 and needs a nerf.

My original request was that only channeling be fixed because I feel it is the greatest contributor to Enchanter being OP. There are a lot of things to look at and channeling at least seems well proven at this point.

Actually I've wanted to write out a list again of what seems proven...

1. Mez should only mem blur on initial cast and not on recasts. It had to wear off in order for mem blur to work on recast. This greatly impacts aggro generation on Enchanters and may be a part of the missing extreme aggro situations Enchanters had on live. Remezzing a mob would stack aggro and never blur. Proven via old player posts.

2. Enchanter pet HP is too high. All pet HP seems too high but Enchanter more so since their pet is also classically low on HP compared to Nec/Mag. Proven in old capture provided in bug report.

3. Charm was very buggy. There are many different potential bugs to choose from. Pets warping, wandering away, bad pathing, attacking group members from DOTs, and various bugs with the text messaging you would see related to charm which made it difficult to understand status. Proven via old player posts.

4. AE spells like AE Mez ignored Z axis and went through walls. On P99 this spell is used often where these bugs would result in massive trains and wipes. Proven via old player posts.

5. Channeling rates are much too high on P99. Proven via multiple player reports and TAKP client disassembly data.

There are a few other things which are known but not necessarily proven with as much evidence like mez mem blur rates being too high. As someone said earlier there are stacks of Enchanter bug reports at this point.
Provide actual data mining/disassembly or posts/patch notes from EQ staff or shut up about it already. Old player posts mean nothing especially considering how little anyone knew about anything back then. For every player post saying one thing, you can find an old player post saying the exact opposite.
Old 03-19-2021, 04:34 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd288 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Provide actual data mining/disassembly or posts/patch notes from EQ staff or shut up about it already. Old player posts mean nothing especially considering how little anyone knew about anything back then. For every player post saying one thing, you can find an old player post saying the exact opposite.
I already linked to the bug report of the disassembled client showing channeling is wrong. Everyone knows channeling is wrong here. You don't get a 50%+ chance to cast a spell when being hit at level 1. Anyone arguing against this is an obvious crybaby who wants non-classic easy mode mechanics. Go play WoW. EQ casters had difficulty casting when being hit. Deal with it.

Find me an old player post from classic era talking about how useful charm is and how great it is for soloing. Anything about charming planar mobs. Anything about using a charmed pet to tank dragons and get first kill.

I mean, what a joke, P99 Naggy is first killed with a charmed mob almost every time by a small group of players and we're supposed to believe EQ live would have allowed this or anything close to it? Oh well, I guess the players outsmarted us, let's give them their loot. This is Brad "The Vision" McQuaid who nerfed DOTs on running mobs because players figured out kiting and he didn't like it.

Anyone who tries to claim Brad and Verant would allow a charmed sonic bat to tank Nagafen for ~20 players to get a first kill on the server is a total fucking idiot. They would have shut down the server mid kill and nerfed charm into the stone age right on the spot. They would have told the players involved to go fuck themselves and maybe even suspended them for abusing mechanics.
Old 03-19-2021, 05:30 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
I already linked to the bug report of the disassembled client showing channeling is wrong. Everyone knows channeling is wrong here. You don't get a 50%+ chance to cast a spell when being hit at level 1. Anyone arguing against this is an obvious crybaby who wants non-classic easy mode mechanics. Go play WoW. EQ casters had difficulty casting when being hit. Deal with it.

Find me an old player post from classic era talking about how useful charm is and how great it is for soloing. Anything about charming planar mobs. Anything about using a charmed pet to tank dragons and get first kill.

I mean, what a joke, P99 Naggy is first killed with a charmed mob almost every time by a small group of players and we're supposed to believe EQ live would have allowed this or anything close to it? Oh well, I guess the players outsmarted us, let's give them their loot. This is Brad "The Vision" McQuaid who nerfed DOTs on running mobs because players figured out kiting and he didn't like it.

Anyone who tries to claim Brad and Verant would allow a charmed sonic bat to tank Nagafen for ~20 players to get a first kill on the server is a total fucking idiot. They would have shut down the server mid kill and nerfed charm into the stone age right on the spot. They would have told the players involved to go fuck themselves and maybe even suspended them for abusing mechanics.
Ok so you provided evidence for one thing. The rest is just your speculation and hearsay posts from two decades ago that could be false or are otherwise contradicted by other hearsay posts.

No one needs to provide you with evidence of anything. You’re the one whining and demanding a change, so you’re the one who needs to provide real evidence.
Old 03-19-2021, 05:52 PM
Planar Protector

i have no idea how strong they were back in the day but dont nerf so i dont have to group with ppl
Fauvana 60 Erudite Necromancer
Erjav 60 Human Bard
Enjamini 60 Human Magician
Deepwalter 60 Erudite Paladin
Seliel 60 Human Rogue
Enjoii 54 Dark Elf Warrior
Old 03-19-2021, 06:24 PM
Sarnak

Did enchanters kill azxten's parents or something? This dude is constantly spouting nonsense and whining while never having any real evidence to backup his garbage claims. He's always so triggered over the existence of chanters. By 2030 I bet he'll have made this thread at least another 5 times.

The main reasons chanters are stronger in p99 compared to live are because everyone has fast internet connections, every chanter worth anything is using GINA or similar, everyone knows everything about the game and uses the wiki for anything they might not, everyone has jboots and goblin ring, GCD clickies, is stacking and maxing out CHA, and etc. etc.
Last edited by TripSin; 03-19-2021 at 06:33 PM..
Closed Thread