Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 12-19-2017, 12:12 PM
Banned

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 12-19-2017, 01:35 PM
Fire Giant

The movie was good, I liked it. After I left the theatre though I couldn't help but feel a little disappointed with the whole thing.
Old 12-19-2017, 02:22 PM
Planar Protector

https://youtu.be/0ymFxkFfIhU?t=7
Old 12-19-2017, 02:55 PM
Planar Protector

Used to be a fan. I even fooled myself to like the new trilogy. Came to my senses and quit caring about sw many years ago. Havent seen any of the new films.

Do the new ones have practical/optical effects and men in suits? Cannot stomach cgi in movies.
Old 12-19-2017, 06:51 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lulz~Sect [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
LOL
Old 12-19-2017, 07:04 PM
Sarnak

Are spoilers allowed in this thread yet? I would like to make a few comments once i can.
Old 12-19-2017, 09:36 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by deezy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Are spoilers allowed in this thread yet? I would like to make a few comments once i can.
Go ahead. Been long enough.
Old 12-19-2017, 10:46 PM
Sarnak

Darth Sidious>Yoda

Tis All.
Old 12-21-2017, 01:59 PM
Fire Giant

I spent my childhood reading every published book, buying every toy, and attending every premier in a Jedi costume complete with a homemade lightsaber I lathed and built from spare parts. So, it really hurts to say this, but TLJ sucked. It was terrible, and the people who made it should feel terrible. No Spoilers, since it looks like we're not posting them here yet. This is just my unhinged butthurt.

The Last Jedi was an incoherent mess. There were huge 45+ minute side arcs that had absolutely no effect on the plot, poorly thought out relationships that were far more selfish than romantic, force users that are now at Dragon Ball Z power levels, and massively inconsistent portrayals of technology.

On that last point, Rian Johnson seems to have no understanding of basic military theory; it's called a pincer maneuver, and we've been doing it since the Stone Age. He should also read a book on basic cryptography, and maybe watch episode 1 of the reimagined Battlestar Galactica titled "33." THAT'S how you do a desperate pursuit scenario. Oh, and we see a neat little trick with hyperdrives that pretty much makes the Deathstar pointless, and it makes the battle of Endor laughably backwards.

Luke's story was interesting, and, at times, well-done. But, ultimately half-baked with how it was developed. I never thought I'd say this, but I'd take another Phantom Menace with Lucas back at the helm than this.

The only thing to ruin more childhoods than The Last Jedi would be Polio.

Regarding the Cruiser Hyperspace Silver bullet, that alone pretty much killed the franchise for me. This maneuver totally breaks the economics of warfare in the universe, and it contradicts the established canon of hyperspace travel.

If they REALLY wanted that shot they should have made it so that Kylo was tracking Leia through the force every time they jumped through hyper space. They jump, empire shows up right behind them 2 minutes later. They can be desperately jumping the whole movie, and if they wanted to put them "on the clock" they could just say that they're in the outer rim and no Resistance reinforcements are nearby for at least a week, but imperial reinforcements are only 18 hours away.

Anyways, when this whole mess starts you see Leia and Laura Dern talking to the captain of the medical frigate, and poe can ask "why the hell are you fueling it up, we need that fuel!?" They just disregard him and say some foreshadowy stuff to the frigate's captain.

As the movie progresses you see Leia and Holdo talking to some mysterious person on the comms with lines like "we'll be there" and "3 more jumps, have you had enough time to get moving?" etc.

What's actually happened is that the medical frigate jumped to a distant system at the beginning of the movie did a 180° flip and began accelerating with a full engine burn for 18 hours. The Resistance leads Kylo on a goose chase for 18 hours and then rendevous with the medical frigate which is now moving at a very significant speed. They positioned it so that the frigate is directly in line with leia's cruiser and thus is hidden from the eyes of Kylo's ship which is always positioned RIGHT BEHIND Leia's cruiser.

They jump into the system at the last second, and the cruiser DIVES right as Kylo jumps in, and WHAM medical frigate right up the ass.

Now you have the whole situation foreshadowed, make sense, and not break the canon / economics of warfare.

Last edited by Frieza_Prexus; 12-21-2017 at 02:13 PM..
Old 12-21-2017, 06:35 PM
Fire Giant

This movie was absolutely messy and deserving of criticism but it's kinda ridiculous to say that Phantom Menace was better. I don't know why people make hating the latest Star Wars movie into a contest.
Closed Thread